(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 52.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not worth it for what? The scoring needs to be tweaked, but the modes themselves are a lot of fun with cool sound, graphics and objectives.

Their scoring is junk compared to the rest of the game. I don't think you even have to 'finish' them to qualify the wizard mode do you?
I mean lets be honest... one of them still doesn't exist and the game is what... 9 months old?

The Chinese Democracy Album Mode is cool but the other two are pretty lame and none of them actually are worth playing/risking it if you are playing with your friends.

Their rules suck and besides the Chinese Democracy Mode startup sequence... they are pretty lame too IMO. Plus, you actually have to suffer through those songs to qualify it

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Reason I happily sold my POTC CE
No rules, no depth, just multiballs
Instead I got some game modifiers by selecting characters. What did that take. An afternoon to program?

You just described why POTC did not sell, nearly at all till rarity become the focus. FOMO gets buyers no matter what the game lacks. Magic Girl another example.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Their rules suck and besides the Chinese Democracy Mode startup sequence... they are pretty lame too IMO. Plus, you actually have to suffer through those songs to qualify it

All good points and review.

#1254 2 years ago

Witch POTC? The JJP one was fun but I’m sure the PF were shit as well.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

All good points and review.

Your opinions don’t matter to anyone here and your momma dresses you funny!

#1256 2 years ago

A poll might be in order

#1257 2 years ago

Pirates rocks. It's the most fun I've had on an LCD era pin. I guess it depends on what you enjoy about pinball, or maybe where you played it.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

A poll might be in order

A pooling poll?

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

I don't buy newer pins because of this they just don't last like the 90s do I think it's because they can't build them like the 90s machines it would cost too much and wouldn't sell them for the money it would cost too do it that way plus like everything else in the world they also don't want anything too last 30plus years they want you too keep buying every 5 years or so

Damn!! That is one long sentence. I did not know where I should pause.

#1260 2 years ago

JJPs rules are always problematic. I begged them directly to fix DI (which is one of the better jjp games), but they just wouldn't do it. Multiballs are just inserted, Bob rules are imbalanced and create drain issues, and modes are insanely imbalanced with all else.

They just aren't good at coding good rulesets. I got Maiden shortly afterward. Man, what a difference!

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

JJPs rules are always problematic. I begged them directly to fix DI (which is one of the better jjp games), but they just wouldn't do it. Multiballs are just inserted, Bob rules are imbalanced and create drain issues, and modes are insanely imbalanced with all else.
They just aren't good at coding good rulesets. I got Maiden shortly afterward. Man, what a difference!

DI is a great pin and they’ve added layers on to the original code that make it even better. I probaly need to play more Iron Maiden but it seemed pretty stripped down and very easy

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

... I probaly need to play more Iron Maiden but it seemed pretty stripped down and very easy

Jesus.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

A pooling poll?

A poll to prove or disprove the below statement:

Quoted from romulusx:

Your (jimwe5t) opinions don’t matter to anyone here

#1264 2 years ago

Just my opinion I thought the artwork was Zombie Yeti good but the music sucks and the playfield was sparse.

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

A poll to prove or disprove the below statement:

Great idea! Jimwe5t loves polls, no matter the outcome. Only proves doing a poll to begin with makes ol Jimmy, as my friend Icey calls me, relevant. Love to all my fans, especially that neg. Nancy of all nancies, rumulusx!

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I was kidding but I could see the misinterpretation

Ok.. so now I have to laugh. Yes, you were right all along. Sorry I missed it the first time. DI is legit. I can't quite put my finger on why I don't love GnR like so many others.

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your opinions don’t matter to anyone here and your momma dresses you funny!

My opinions rummy, so matter to you, as you follow me thread to thread, lol. (Momma dresses me so I’m quick on the draw and blue matches my eyes, fyi.)

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Great idea! Jimwe5t loves polls, no matter the outcome. Only proves doing a poll to begin with makes ol Jimmy, as my friend Icey calls me, relevant. Love to all my fans, especially that neg. Nancy of all nancies, rumulusx!

The poll is to determine, for curiosity's sake, whether there are actually any fans...other than the one in your shitter, of course. We already know you are quite relevant and for many that appears to be the problem. Let the poll begin and I think it would be fittingly poetic if you could arrange that poll yourself? Self serving seems in your wheelhouse so there may be some additional benefit of enjoyment for you during the process. I know you have the time.

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I don't know who you are, but if you think having a "mech" (which I'm guessing you mean toy, because technically, flippers are mechs too), is a necessary condition for a great ruleset, then I'm guessing you have a serious case of Dunning Kruger effect, which, would technically make me an idiot for trying to argue with you.
Carry on sir.

Classy.

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I got rid of my dialed in after I realized the ONLY points were from modes. Multiball are worthless, points wise. Still a nice fun game but the guy going back and forth also pissed me off. He was usually messing up shots half the time. Wish he parked somewhere outta the way a bit better.

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Reason I happily sold my POTC CE
No rules, no depth, just multiballs
Instead I got some game modifiers by selecting characters. What did that take. An afternoon to program?

Which of course is complete bullshit but if you're not going to take the time to learn the game then I suppose it's logical to say something so completely ignorant...

Jeff

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I got rid of my dialed in after I realized the ONLY points were from modes. Multiball are worthless, points wise. Still a nice fun game but the guy going back and forth also pissed me off. He was usually messing up shots half the time. Wish he parked somewhere outta the way a bit better.

The moving dude makes the game awesome. I call him "asshole."

"Now, if I can get asshole out of the way, I can nail big Bang." Or, "if asshole blocks this ramp shot again, I'm gonna lose it. Fuckin' asshole!!!!"

They did improve the multiballs, but they still need work, and the modes with big Bang and Sims are way too point heavy.

Bob should be far more present in the game, and most of all, the lit Bob targets should cycle with flipper hits because the lowest Bob target is nearly impossible to hit with a trapped shot. Not being able to relight kickback with skill also makes players avoid the Bob targets altogether. They just couldn't see how this flaw in the ruleset almost ruins the game from an overall rules strategy.

I'll probably never buy a jjp again because of the code. I haven't played gnr yet, but I can almost guarantee I'll be with those who hate the code. The saddest part is that they won't listen like Keith and crew did with Maiden.

I'm not trying to toot my horn, but in my review of Maiden, I suggested that the latter modes being all ramps was tough and redundant and that a floating target would be an improvement. It is now fixed as a floating target and made the game way better. Maybe that was the plan all along, but either way, there were many suggestions by Pinsiders that went into the game. That's how you fine tune code.

#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The moving dude makes the game awesome. I call him "asshole."
"Now, if I can get asshole of of the way, I can nail big Bang."...

Yeah that's the point of him alright.

#1274 2 years ago

You're right. I came out of the gate a bit hot and apologize for that.

#1275 2 years ago

You're right. I came out of the gate a bit hot and apologize for that.

Man, Nick. We can’t take you anywhere without trouble!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Man, Nick. We can’t take you anywhere with out trouble!

Haha, I think it was all bottled up during the pandemic. Need to learn how to re-harness that energy appropriately

#1277 2 years ago

Haha, I think it was all bottled up during the pandemic. Need to learn how to re-harness that energy appropriately

Don't know about you, but I break a sweat when I am in GnR song mode...sounds like a good outlet to me.

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Don't know about you, but I break a sweat when I am in GnR song mode...sounds like a good outlet to me.

I think you're onto something! Looking forward to the day I own one.

#1279 2 years ago

I think you're onto something! Looking forward to the day I own one.

me too!! Have to go on location right now ... can't wait for the fall (eta on my ship date)!

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

me too!! Have to go on location right now ... can't wait for the fall (eta on my ship date)!

Ah fall, when the PF issues will be fixed

19087080-95D0-4389-9052-FC0AE1E89CCA.gif19087080-95D0-4389-9052-FC0AE1E89CCA.gif
#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:You're right. I came out of the gate a bit hot and apologize for that.

No need to apologise , you were right the first time , Jimmy hates this game and wants to tell everybody about it , your response was totally reasonable .
I have nothing against Jimmy and he can say whatever he wants but when you go about it like he does , you have to expect a bit of blow back

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No need to apologise , you were right the first time , Jimmy hates this game and wants to tell everybody about it , your response was totally reasonable .
I have nothing against Jimmy and he can say whatever he wants but when you go about it like he does , you have to expect a bit of blow back

So right there’s no need to apologize.We have groups of people who run their mouth spewing whatever they want and the majority is told to be quiet and tolerate it!Not just Pinside.

1 week later
#1283 2 years ago

I've decided to proceed with my LE order (should ship Friday) after recent reports of playfield issues on the latest builds have dwindled. It seems like the latest post / washer combination has been working out well. If it wasn't for my wife wanting the game so much and being in at the original price point I'm not sure if I would be proceeding at this time. I'll report my unboxing findings here.

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've decided to proceed with my LE order (should ship Friday) after recent reports of playfield issues on the latest builds have dwindled. It seems like the latest post / washer combination has been working out well. If it wasn't for my wife wanting the game so much and being in at the original price point I'm not sure if I would be proceeding at this time. I'll report my unboxing findings here.

All I got to say is Rock On brother

9CE96A9E-B3E1-4592-B8D2-0B3DAE8F66E7 (resized).png9CE96A9E-B3E1-4592-B8D2-0B3DAE8F66E7 (resized).png
#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Your unboxing won't show anything. It will show when you play it. Good luck, just don't be shocked or upset if it happens.

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Your unboxing won't show anything. It will show when you play it. Good luck, just don't be shocked or upset if it happens.

It won’t happen. Enjoy your game - it’s JJP’s best so far (assuming you love GnR music).

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It won’t happen. Enjoy your game - it’s JJP’s best so far (assuming you love GnR music).

xqcki7h4xxh51[1] (resized).jpgxqcki7h4xxh51[1] (resized).jpg

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So sad, you’ve caved in with wishful hoping, for surely an outcome that might not be to your liking. I hope the best for you, but don’t hold your breath my friend. It will be just a matter of time and you’ll most likely be regretting throwing good money down the drain. You want it so bad, your willing to take that risk? Even a $1k discount makes it still not worth it. Is a crap playfield, the main component of any pinball machine, looking like garbage worth it in your home??? You won’t enjoy looking at all the messed up PF post, with washers that cause the areas to gain in size through pooling more and more over time. No pinball machine is worth that kind of frustration. Will look forward to hearing your horror stories 6 months from now, lol. That is not “rocking on” as some no class morons stutter out…

There are 1290 posts on a thread you started to prove you would not be wise buying a known proven mess of a pinball machine. Do you want to drive a car so bad, that it is known to have a paint job that turns to crap for most people, with a manufacturer that will not support you and leave you in the lurch? JJP never has to correct anything with customers like you, because they know they don’t have to make things better, because you want it so bad, you’ll spend $10k anyway! Lol plain CRAZY! Caveat Emptor!!
02752C44-F45C-4E3B-B0F4-4A457BC97F0B (resized).jpeg02752C44-F45C-4E3B-B0F4-4A457BC97F0B (resized).jpeg

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Even if they gave you 50% off would it be worth it with a crap playfield, the main component of any pinball machine???

For a 50% discount I could deal with a chipping PF

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

For a 50% discount I could deal with a chipping PF

You’re right, it should be discounted by 50%.

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

So sad, you’ve caved in with wishful hoping, for surely an outcome that might not be to your liking. I hope the best for you, but don’t hold your breath my friend. It will be just a matter of time and you’ll most likely be regretting throwing good money down the drain. You want it so bad, your willing to take that risk? Even a $1k discount makes it still not worth it. Is a crap playfield, the main component of any pinball machine, looking like garbage worth it in your home??? You won’t enjoy looking at all the messed up PF post, with washers that cause the areas to gain in size through pooling more and more over time. No pinball machine is worth that kind of frustration. Will look forward to hearing your horror stories 6 months from now, lol. That is not “rocking on” as some no class morons stutter out…
There are 1290 posts on a thread you started to prove you would not be wise buying a known proven mess of a pinball machine. Do you want to drive a car so bad, that it is known to have a paint job that turns to crap for most people, with a manufacturer that will not support you and leave you in the lurch? JJP never has to correct anything with customers like you, because they know they don’t have to make things better, because you want it so bad, you’ll spend $10k anyway! Lol plain CRAZY! Caveat Emptor!!
[quoted image]

I've been closely watching the playfield threads and the Facebook JJP Fans Group for posts about issues with the most recent builds. There's been none from what I've seen, the combination of the longer posts + black plastic washers + nylon nuts seems to have corrected the issue. There's also been multiple owners with over 200 plays on games with the latest fixes posting that their playfields are still fine. Some owners are also reporting that the clearcoat is improved on the latest builds that just sounds like speculation.

What still doesn't sit right with me and never will is the way JJP has treated existing customers with chipping / pooling. Those customers should at the very least receive a new replacement playfield.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks, hoping it turns out well too. I've been closely watching the playfield threads and the Facebook JJP Fans Group for posts about issues with the most recent builds. There's been none from what I've seen, the combination of the longer posts + black plastic washers + nylon nuts seems to have corrected the issue. There's also been multiple owners with over 200 plays on games with the latest fixes posting that their playfields are still fine. Some owners are also reporting that the clearcoat is improved on the latest builds that just sounds like speculation.
What still doesn't sit me right and never will is the way JJP has treated existing customers with chipping / pooling. Those customers should at the very least receive a new replacement playfield.

Yet you're still buying the game even though they've shown they'll shaft you if you have problems with your playfield. I'm not calling you out specifically but as has been discussed here many times, why would they change their practices when people will keep buying anyway? Personally I wouldn't by NIB from them right now for any theme.

#1295 2 years ago

Just wait for the new playfield supplier.

There is no reason to rush.

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just wait for the new playfield supplier.
There is no reason to rush.

Is that confirmed or a rumor / guess at this time?

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

[quoted image]

(edited)
You get off on trying to make people feel bad about their purchases .
You're just a troll who no one agrees with .
IMG_20210710_005150 (resized).jpgIMG_20210710_005150 (resized).jpg

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is that confirmed or a rumor / guess at this time?

Dist says soon, so that probably means fall?

He says he has a few dozen customers all chomping at the bit

#1299 2 years ago

And who might be potential qualified suppliers?

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And who might be potential qualified suppliers?

Industry secrets amigo. They won’t tell. But the fact that JJP is thinking of going to another supplier may be good news.

Nothing against Mirco at this time, as none of us except JJP know what really happened with these ink adhesion failures.

Truth will come out eventually. In the meantime I buy CGC, PB and Spooky products only. Stern and JJP customer bill of rights are concerning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
$ 91.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/26?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.