(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 52.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

guys, I just got my LE GNR today, and there are no issues. No pooling or chipping; just a glassy nice Playfield

Its not usually a problem out of the box. Check back with us after a month or so of play

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Honestly, no. Hobbit was just as wimpy as WOZ - shooting the middle ramps was "I think I can.. (u-turn) maybe not."

If you found it hard to shoot your ramps on The Hobbit , you either had a problem with your flippers or you were getting your power from a hamster in a wheel
On my game , the balls would fly off the habit trails because they were going so fast and it was set up really steep ( on factory settings ) even after 2 to 3 hours of play ,
same with my woz .
Some people have suggested that our 240 volts has something to do with it , I don't know but I've never found Flipper strength to be an issue on jjp games , chipping playfields is another matter .

IMG_20210627_010733 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_010733 (resized).jpg
#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its not usually a problem out of the box. Check back with us after a month or so of play

Oh yes, "the good ol days".

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah he's graduated from fan boy to sycophant and doesn't even have 500 posts yet.

By a factor 64jy's I'd say.

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

guys, I just got my LE GNR today, and there are no issues. No pooling or chipping; just a glassy nice Playfield. I just figure there are some duds and alot of good ones out there. I suppose I'm lucky, but the hype over PF issues may be exaggerated here. I've owned three JJP games, and only Wonka had pooling and maybe one millimeter of chip on two star posts. I am not happy that Wonka has a defect, of course, but I've put 1500 games on it, and there is no increase in the chip whatsoever, and the pooling on three posts is super negligible.
I think we ought to understand that even somewhat mass produced items, like pinballs, will always have certain units which are manufactured poorly. It stinks sometimes of course, but overall, there is a lot to love despite the minor defects.
I hope GNR holds up well like wonka. Only time will tell.

Enjoy your game. It’s awesome!!!

Minor pooling and a chip that never got bigger over 1500 plays. Good to know.

See, life still goes on!

#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I work for a car company and the engines are burning oil, some before first oil change. 1 quart per 1000 miles is within specs. Oil interval is 7500 miles with a 4.9 quart capacity. Wtf? So new policy is customer is responsible for checking and topping off everyday and every gas fill up.
New company culture=not our problem if you drive it/play it.
Can’t fight it as CEO has turned off ability to hear complaints. Lawsuits are stacking up billions are being spent.
I don’t get it.

I bought a brand new 30K Harley Davidson CVO Breakout in 2013. They give you all of a two year warranty and no service plan on a 30k bike. It was leaking oil at the bottom of one of the jugs so I took it to them. The shop guy said that what I had was a weep not a leak and they didn’t cover weeps. Two years later when I took it back for a recall they saw the leak that was still there and they fixed it and tried to charge me. I called bullshit and I told them that I had brought it in and showed them the leak amd they wouldn’t do anything. I pushed my bike out of their shop and left. No one cares, they just want your money

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Hahahahahaha - dumbest statement ever. GNR is a multiball game. There are *4* multiballs before a song, then the song is a multiball that will punish you for playing slow. Only a poor player would call GnR slow.
It’s pretty obvious you don’t like the game (or WW or DI) - that’s fine. But what’s your purpose in continually posting negative comments about everything?

That’s all GnR is is one big multiball flailfest with no goals other than to get through all the songs.

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That’s all GnR is is one big multiball flailfest with no goals other than to get through all the songs.

I guess that IS one way to play.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Besides all the endless PF issues, which this thread is about, this is the issue of this game. Poor Keith J. has nothing to program for in this mechless game. Really not ragging on GNR and wanted to like this game as some here apparently do, but no mechs, mean the only thing they could do is program MB after MB. Which makes it as they say in other threads, an unfortunate: “boring woodchopping unfathomable snoozefest” as several guys put it. Which might be a bit harsh, even when some see it that way. It does have an awesome lot of LEDs all over, so people who are into lights should be happy and maybe GNRs best feature. Glad others here like it however and hope they can get their PF “ironed” out as they say and enjoy the game. So unfortunate that JJP customer service really doesn’t exist. Now that is harsh.

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Really not ragging on GNR and wanted to like this game as some here apparently do, but no mechs, mean the only thing they could do is program MB after MB.

I don't know who you are, but if you think having a "mech" (which I'm guessing you mean toy, because technically, flippers are mechs too), is a necessary condition for a great ruleset, then I'm guessing you have a serious case of Dunning Kruger effect, which, would technically make me an idiot for trying to argue with you.

Carry on sir.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I don't know who you are, but if you think having a "mech" (which I'm guessing you mean toy, because technically, flippers are mechs too), is a necessary condition for a great ruleset, then I'm guessing you have a serious case of Dunning Kruger effect, which, would technically make me an idiot for trying to argue with you.
Carry on sir.

I don’t know who you are either, but value your opinion that flippers are mechs, but the most basic of mechs. The whole point of pinball is to see the ball interact with magical mechs. Otherwise, pinball would just become a pretty monotonous game of only ramp/habit trails. Take a good look at DI or POTC to see what I mean. Those games are loaded with ball interactive mechs, which make the games more fun and interesting imo.

#1212 2 years ago

So why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields again?

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:So why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields again?

Because they can get away with it.

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Quit feeding Jimmy Wes!

Game kicks ass.

Not for everybody though.

Now, tight posts no problems. Loose? Washer digs into pf and chips around it

Whose fault is that?

If a shooter lane with art gets chewed up after several hundred plays, SM and BM66 for example, is the pf defective? Yes or no

No. Why? Because YOU need to put a shooter lane protector down

Cliffy lives for protecting pf’s

I think JJP has decided the black washers fixed the issue

#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quit feeding Jimmy Wes!
Game kicks ass.
Whose fault is that?
If a shooter lane with art gets chewed up after several hundred plays, SM and BM66 for example, is the pf defective? Yes or no

Come on Icey, you love the feed talk too and you know it. You’re a big part of all what you refer to as “feeding.” Lol It’s all part of any forum discussion and leads to better buying in the future and you know that too, Icey ol buddy. That’s exactly why we all discuss the ins and outs of these machines, that none of us manufacture. Our identity should not be tied to any of these independent companies, so no reason for anyone to take any exceptions to others viewpoints. Hoping it’s not an infantile “my dog’s bigger than your dog” childish forum now is it Icey my boy???

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields again?

Money.

Either they can't afford to fix it or they don't want to fix it due to making so much money because everyone is buying GnR anyway and are so back logged.

Why the playfields are pooling is another question entirely.

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That’s odd because on my GnR, there’s 4 distinct pre-song 2 ball multiballs, *21* songs each with different # of starting balls (1-6) and objectives, 4 album modes (not song based), the tour (not song based), slash solo (not song based) and not in this lifetime wizard mode (not song based).

That’s 32 different things to do in this game (and I’m not even getting into patch collection).

It’s not slow and it’s certainly not boring. But you do have to like GnR music - that is the important X factor.

jimwe5t - you really have an axe to grind for some reason, but I’m done responding to your posts or even reading them. Welcome to my ignore list.

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Come on Icey, you love the feed talk too and you know it. You’re a big part of all what you refer to as “feeding.” Lol It’s all part of any forum discussion and leads to better buying in the future and you know that too, Icey ol buddy. That’s exactly why we all discuss the ins and outs of these machines, that none of us manufacture. Our identity should not be tied to any of these independent companies, so no reason for anyone to take any exceptions to others viewpoints. Hoping it’s not an infantile “my dog’s bigger than your dog” childish forum now is it Icey my boy???

I don’t care who’s dog is tied to what but I’m running down this row tonight. Got it?

And my buddy Wes knows better.

“One way Jimmy”. New nickname
D797213F-721F-4308-B472-9B88A1609B8E (resized).jpegD797213F-721F-4308-B472-9B88A1609B8E (resized).jpeg

#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t care who’s dog is tied to what but I’m running down this row tonight. Got it?
[quoted image]

Awesome lineup Icey my friend! And to think I use to live not too far from you in Texas. May have to move back to play some of your games, lol.

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

[quoted image]

I like all of them
Where’s the Spider-Man

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I don’t know who you are either, but value your opinion that flippers are mechs, but the most basic of mechs. The whole point of pinball is to see the ball interact with magical mechs. Otherwise, pinball would just become a pretty monotonous game of only ramp/habit trails. Take a good look at DI or POTC to see what I mean. Those games are loaded with ball interactive mechs, which make the games more fun and interesting imo.

Then buy a DI and shut the fuck up!

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I like all of them
Where’s the Spider-Man

Love it but sold it twice! Didn’t I buy yours long ago?

#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Love it but sold it twice! Didn’t I buy yours long ago?

Now how else do you think you know me? That was a beautiful Spider-Man. I wish o still had it. I love JP though and I’m going to buy TMNT at some point. Stern has stepped up their game

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Then buy a DI and shut the fuck up!

I did.. LE for $7100, took the extra $3400 and put toward my AIQ premium.. listening to GnR playing both of them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1226 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quit feeding Jimmy Wes!
Game kicks ass.
Whose fault is that?
I think JJP has decided the black washers fixed the issue

Have they updated the code on the modes to where they're worth playing yet? Game was so scoring imbalanced to the songs it was not even worth playing the modes when I owned it. Light show and song jackpots only go so far, game has been out almost ten months now and one of the modes is not even completed yet last I heard.

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I did.. LE for $7100, took the extra $3400 and put toward my AIQ premium.. listening to GnR playing both of them.

So,I was right?

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I don't think you ever understood the rules, there's plenty of goals. Also ,each song is it's own mode with it's own set of shots to hit, the shots also change as you progress through the song.

JJP-GNR-rulesflow_rev2 (resized).jpgJJP-GNR-rulesflow_rev2 (resized).jpg

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think you ever understood the rules, there's plenty of goals. Also ,each song is it's own mode with it's own set of shots to hit, the shots also change as you progress through the song.
[quoted image]

You’re wasting your time Panzer, it’s cool to hate on GNR now.

#1230 2 years ago

Btw, think I found the perfect washers:

F391467A-75BC-488E-B380-7F5F6BD6D689 (resized).jpegF391467A-75BC-488E-B380-7F5F6BD6D689 (resized).jpeg
#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Btw, think I found the perfect washers:[quoted image]

That is way too funny, you’re cracking me up, looooooooooool! Good one! Mudguard washers, lol, lol, lol.

#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I found the perfect washers:

Only if you powder coat them in transparent clear so they don't show up.

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

My goodness, can’t take it any more, you’re both too funny!!!

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Looking forward to how they interact with the ball. Should create the interesting gameplay that GNR is apparently missing.

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looking forward to how they interact with the ball. Should create the interesting gameplay that GNR is apparently missing.

Wow, another Rowan and Martin zinger. This thread is a hoot! Lol

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

it’s cool to hate on GNR now.

Let the haters hate , the game has way more fans than critics and sales proove that .
I can't wait to get mine and I got something for the games room while I'm waiting .

IMG20210627021411 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021411 (resized).jpgIMG20210626185710 (resized).jpgIMG20210626185710 (resized).jpg
#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Let the haters hate , the game has way more fans than critics and sales proove that .
I can't wait to get mine and I got something for the games room while I'm waiting .
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a cool neon sign!

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice.

#1239 2 years ago

Thanks Chad , if you agree , I know I'm on the right track

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Reason I happily sold my POTC CE

No rules, no depth, just multiballs
Instead I got some game modifiers by selecting characters. What did that take. An afternoon to program?

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

than you should have gone for SEGA Godzilla, and than spare some $$$

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

[quoted image]

Great line up, Ice! Although it does look like a bit of a squeeze to play Aliens.

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So,I was right?

All the way up to being a DB..

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Great line up, Ice! Although it does look like a bit of a squeeze to play Aliens.

Does look tight but I can get in there nicely! What a great game that is

I have 23 pins in that game room garage now. Building a casita behind with a big game room to stretch out a bit

Pure crazy

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have they updated the code on the modes to where they're worth playing yet? Game was so scoring imbalanced to the songs it was not even worth playing the modes when I owned it. Light show and song jackpots only go so far, game has been out almost ten months now and one of the modes is not even completed yet last I heard.

Still needs better scoring balance they say they are working on along with other updates.

To me, it’s great right now. You will have some great scoring games when you build and cash those jackpots. All the time it just a blast to play a rock concert.

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Reason I happily sold my POTC CE
Instead I got some game modifiers by selecting characters. What did that take. An afternoon to program?

POTC is the most overrated game in pinball.

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’re wasting your time Panzer, it’s cool to hate on GNR now.

It is true tho that the album modes themselves seem to be not worth playing tho

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It is true tho that the album modes themselves seem to be not worth playing tho

Not worth it for what? The scoring needs to be tweaked, but the modes themselves are a lot of fun with cool sound, graphics and objectives.

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

All the way up to being a DB..

I was kidding but I could see the misinterpretation

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

POTC is the most overrated game in pinball.

100%

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/25?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.