It's amazing what people believe if you just put it on youtube...
I checked our GNR SE last night. All the major suspect posts are all threaded studs with washers on top, bottom, and nylon locking nuts. No bolt was 'just holding on by a few threads' - They all thread all the way through the nut like every other game.
The holes were slightly oversized vs the threaded bolt... I'd say roughly a mm or less.. so the post could slightly rock in the hole before being secured. Not a chance of getting a sleeve in there - it's not that big.
But this is all a distraction. The oversized holes would be an agitator - not a cause of the puddling and separation. If the post were moving, it doesn't help and would cause wear/gouging of the topcoat. But here we are getting deformation and movement of the topcoat in all directions, with separation from the substrate.
Posts getting slammed, stretching holes, etc have been problems since the days of DC flippers and was really common in Solid State games. The solution, we put washers under them so we can crank the post in tighter to resist movement. The damage done to the PFs before looked nothing like the JJP playfields.
The one observation I made while checking these posts was just how easy it was to keep cranking on the post - even with just a simple nut driver. I worry how soft the wood is.