(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 52.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody in the market for a second-hand JJP game is going to specifically be looking for this damage and the price of the game will be lower because of it.

Probably. I know I would. I am glad my Hobbit is perfect.

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody in the market for a second-hand JJP game is going to specifically be looking for this damage and the price of the game will be lower because of it.

Supply and demand decides the price as well as how many concessions potential buyers will accept. Take the current housing market as an example. There isn't any negotiating going on, waiving inspections, multiple offers with cash covering offers over appraisals, etc.
Damage can be a negotiation point... but not in a high demand low supply market which is what JJP has created here ... How long it will last is the $64,000 question. I'm totally expecting another price increase once they have announced their next title, honestly.

#853 2 years ago

I actually believe nobody buys Toy Story. I remember seeing small complaints and issues prior to GNR but not on this scale. I think that is the smaller issue and future deciding factor. People are seeing what a shitty company JJP is now and that is the nail in the coffin. I met Jack way back and that made me like this company. But now that there’s some trustfund douchebag running it, and going forward this shows you what this company is all about - and it doesn’t include customer service. And no response nor remedy for the current issue? Here, have some washer for your $10k pin? FK JJP. So yeah, this will trickle on to whatever shitpin they release next. And this will affect sales. It’s affecting GNR sales now. JJP may not care cuz they have enough orders, but wait till nobody orders 99Cent Store Toy Story. Lawlor & Eric should move to Spooky

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I actually believe nobody buys Toy Story. I remember seeing small complaints and issues prior to GNR but not on this scale. I think that is the smaller issue and future deciding factor. People are seeing what a shitty company JJP is now and that is the nail in the coffin. I met Jack way back and that made me like this company. But now that there’s some trustfund douchebag running it, and going forward this shows you what this company is all about - and it doesn’t include customer service. And no response nor remedy for the current issue? Here, have some washer for your $10k pin? FK JJP. So yeah, this will trickle on to whatever shitpin they release next. And this will affect sales. It’s affecting GNR sales now. JJP may not care cuz they have enough orders, but wait till nobody orders 99Cent Store Toy Story. Lawlor & Eric should move to Spooky

I'm buying Toy Story. So nobody minus one. lol

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm buying Toy Story. So nobody minus one. lol

#857 2 years ago

2 people and a Yellow Bird. Well that will keep JJP in business

#858 2 years ago

Honestly at this point; it could be a Star Trek: Picard pin from JJP and I wouldn't buy it.
Last thing I need is a self destructing playfield at way inflated prices in my collection.

You people and your buy a theme at any cost are just nuts.

#859 2 years ago

-4 .. And it is not the eternal thirties dissatisfied with this thread that will change anything in the pinball market. Whether you like it or not.

#860 2 years ago

Definitely no TS for me whilst this shit-show is ongoing.

#861 2 years ago

So that’s 3 vs 4. Of course if you count Carl Hardy, Marv from A pinball Podcast & Kaneda, that’s 6 No, 4 pWnd Noobs

#862 2 years ago

C'est donc 3 contre 4. Bien sûr, si vous comptez Carl Hardy, Marv de A flipper Podcast & Kaneda, c'est 6 Non, 4 pWnd Noobs

And this is where you are wrong, you are 30 against 10,000 ...

#863 2 years ago

Maybe I’ll start a poll and see?

#864 2 years ago

I am out on any future JJP title until they have a track record of quality!

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am out on any future JJP title until they have a track record of quality!

You will be out forever!

#866 2 years ago

If that was true, you would be watching GNR prices plummet. Looks like they are still selling for at or above msrp. Everyone complains but you know there will be excitement for the next launch and that translates to sales and fomo.

#867 2 years ago

Yeah I'm probably done with JJP also. I'll keep the 2 I have because they are amazing pins but moving forward its not looking good.

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You will be out forever!

so be it, I have zero desire to deal with those sort of PF issues.

#870 2 years ago

I was a self proclaimed jjp fan. Not any longer. I can't get behind how shitty they've become.

#871 2 years ago

I met Jack way back and that made me like this company. But now that there’s some trustfund douchebag running it, and going forward this shows you what this company is all about - and it doesn’t include customer service.

Jack has always been a douchebag. He is a great salesman and likes to make you think he is a nice guy and that Gary Stern is a lying carpetbagger but he is exactly the same or worse. I wouldn't shake his hand for fear of getting shit on mine.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:Jack has always been a douchebag. He is a great salesman and likes to make you think he is a nice guy and that Gary Stern is a lying carpetbagger but he is exactly the same or worse. I wouldn't shake his hand for fear of getting shit on mine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#873 2 years ago

And i Missed out on my new jacket which sold out and broke the server..
I wanted to Flip it !!!!!! This is the way !!!!!!
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/entertainment/celebrities/2021/06/09/kanye-wests-yeezy-gap-puffer-jacket-sold-out-few-hours/7609992002/

this new culture has ruined shopping / Kanye should make Toilet paper too and we can re live the beginning of Covid where there was a run on TP!!!

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

And i Missed out on my new jacket which sold out and broke the server..
I wanted to Flip it !!!!!! This is the way !!!!!!
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/entertainment/celebrities/2021/06/09/kanye-wests-yeezy-gap-puffer-jacket-sold-out-few-hours/7609992002/
this new culture has ruined shopping / Kanye should make Toilet paper too and we can re live the beginning of Covid where there was a run on TP!!!

Funded by the steady stream of stimulus checks.

#875 2 years ago

From a GNR picture JJP posted today on their Facebook page...

Screenshot_20210609-150726_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210609-150726_Chrome (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From a picture JJP posted today on their Facebook page, guess they don't care about posting games with pooling / chipping.
[quoted image]

I see what you are trying to do here but probably not worth it when the photo resolution resembles a digital photo produced in 1982. I seriously can't tell what that's supposed to be.

#877 2 years ago

This is not new. Its been like this for the past 3 games!!! They don’t fix it because you people keep buying and they sell out!!! It’s that simple. If you people stop buying them they will fix the problem very fast you watch. You as a consumer have all the power.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

They don’t fix it because you people keep buying and they sell out!!! It’s that simple. If you people stop buying them they will fix the problem very fast you watch. You as a consumer have all the power.

youpeople (resized).jpgyoupeople (resized).jpg
#879 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I see what you are trying to do here but probably not worth it when the photo resolution resembles a digital photo produced in 1982. I seriously can't tell what that's supposed to be.

Enhance! haha.

It's one of the main posts on the upper playfield that has seen a lot of pooling / chipping issues.

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From a GNR picture JJP posted today on their Facebook page...
[quoted image]

Yeah this looks bad. I think.

hghghgh (resized).jpghghghgh (resized).jpg
#881 2 years ago

-5 here on Toy Story.

Make that -6 and -7. My brother and friend of mine are gonna be in for Toy Story for their first pin.

I’ll buy it for $12.5 and flip it for $20k just like GNR

Well I won’t do that but yeah the CE will sell out immediately again because of the above

Kaneda is already shipping his game to HEP to “bulletproof” it. Or is that after he gets a new pf he doesn’t need? Lol

How many plays does it take for my pf to literally “disintegrate right before my very eyes”?

My definition of “disintegrate” doesn’t quite match some of you guys

The super silent majority will come out in droves again and why not?

For every one they lose they will gain 10 more sales. Just the way it is.

Primarily because people like myself love our GNR, Wonka etc games. They are gorgeous and awesome to play.

Stern games too! A lot of dimples and minor insert ghosting doesn’t ruin my fun on GB and yes I could sell it for more than I paid.

And IF I happen to live long enough to put another 50k plays on it, then maybe I’ll send it off to HEP for a better than new restore.

In the meantime, play and enjoy your f ing games. Life is too short!

#882 2 years ago
CA9C43FC-3982-43A1-9104-C40DA1AD052B.gifCA9C43FC-3982-43A1-9104-C40DA1AD052B.gif
#883 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

-5 ici sur Toy Story.
Faites que -6 et -7. Mon frère et mon ami vont participer à Toy Story pour leur première épingle.
Je vais l'acheter pour 12,5 $ et le retourner pour 20 000 $, tout comme GNR
Eh bien, je ne le ferai pas, mais oui, le CE se vendra à nouveau immédiatement à cause de ce qui précède
Kaneda envoie déjà son jeu à HEP pour le « pare-balles ». Ou est-ce qu'après avoir obtenu un nouveau pf, il n'en a plus besoin ? MDR
Combien de jeux faut-il pour que mon pf se « désintègre littéralement sous mes yeux » ?
Ma définition de "désintégrer" ne correspond pas tout à fait à certains d'entre vous
La super majorité silencieuse sortira à nouveau en masse et pourquoi pas ?
Pour chaque perte, ils gagneront 10 ventes supplémentaires. Juste la façon dont il est.
Principalement parce que les gens comme moi aiment nos jeux GNR , Wonka, etc. Ils sont magnifiques et géniaux à jouer.
Les jeux de poupe aussi ! Beaucoup de fossettes et d'inserts fantômes mineurs ne gâchent pas mon plaisir sur GB et oui, je pourrais le vendre plus cher que ce que j'ai payé.
Et s'il m'arrive de vivre assez longtemps pour y mettre 50 000 autres lectures, alors peut-être que je l'enverrai à HEP pour une meilleure restauration qu'une nouvelle restauration.
En attendant, jouez et profitez de vos f ing games. La vie est trop courte!

What does it feel like this kind of talk...

#884 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

What does it feel like this kind of talk...

Feels great!!!

Thrilling. Excited for next game.

All I gotta do is sell myself.

My brother and friend? A little chip or pool here or there? Not something they would give two F’s about or ever know.

UNLESS the pf literally disintegrates into nothingness. Lol

Yet after all the negative Pirates BS, Wonka and now handful of GNR games the fact of the matter is that Mr Market has spoken and DEMAND is very high!

Because? They are overall phenomenal, gorgeous and loaded games. Throw DI, Hobbit and Woz in the narrative while we are at it.

I’ll give the same love to Stern for other aspects that I love about them. I’ll shill em both when it’s warranted and they deserve huge praise too

AND I don’t need to rail against manufacturers as a “champion for the little people” to get anyone to listen to me because I don’t care

Chris needs to do a “podcaster babies” edition starring Kaneda. He made me shed a tear for him over the total agony and JJP despair he’s facing.

Great entertainment Chris!!!

I love the games I have, don’t need anyone to tell me how much to spend or how games I should have etc etc

Are any of them “perfect”? Nope. If that’s what you want you are in the wrong hobby or give HEP a call

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Feels great!!!
Thrilling. Excited for next game.
All I gotta do is sell myself.
My brother and friend? A little chip or pool here or there? Not something they would give two F’s about or ever know.
UNLESS the pf literally disintegrates into nothingness. Lol
Yet after all the negative Pirates BS, Wonka and now handful of GNR games the fact of the matter is that Mr Market has spoken and DEMAND is very high!
Because? They are overall phenomenal, gorgeous and loaded games. Throw DI, Hobbit and Woz in the narrative while we are at it.
I’ll give the same love to Stern for other aspects that I love about them
AND I don’t need to rail against manufacturers as a “champion for the little people” to get anyone to listen to me because I don’t care
I love the games I have, don’t need anyone to tell me how much to spend or how games I should have etc etc

I missed you when you were gone. Hope your healing well.

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I missed you when you were gone. Hope your healing well.

Thanks Yelo! I feel great now. Back to some golfing and long stretches of pinball again.

Life is great!! I missed you guys too, even the malcontents and whiners. Lol

#887 2 years ago

Re: disentegrating
If it gets this bad , definitely in trouble.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Re: disentegrating
If it gets this bad

No worries, according to @iceman44, jjp are overachievers... They'll be there in a game or two

#889 2 years ago

I know the Band members most likely know none of this playfield issue. They have special edition games and I really wonder how those ard holding up?

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If that was true, you would be watching GNR prices plummet. Looks like they are still selling for at or above msrp. Everyone complains but you know there will be excitement for the next launch and that translates to sales and fomo.

It’s too soon for that. This will hurt resale in the years to come not now when it’s still got that new fomo sheen to it.

Once the race has died off and new pins are out that’s when quality issues will hurt it not before.

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

It’s too soon for that. This will hurt resale in the years to come not now when it’s still got that new fomo sheen to it.
Once the race has died off and new pins are out that’s when quality issues will hurt it not before.

Doesn’t seem to hurt PoTC. Hardly anyone wanted it when it was in production, now it brings stupid money even with major PF issues.

My guess is that GnR will be similar to WoZ where the light board issue kept the prices suppressed for a while, but they have slowly appreciated over time after production ended.

The X factor for GnR is that it’s a *really* good game that will continue to get better. For me, it’s JJP’s best game to date!

#892 2 years ago

Funny how Stern is now seen as the gold standard for high quality pinball machines.

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny how Stern is now seen as the gold standard for high quality pinball machines.

Yep. It is funny how petty the previous complaints seem about “build quality” when people see what serious QC issues actually are.

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The X factor for GnR is that it’s a *really* good game that will continue to get better. For me, it’s JJP’s best game to date!

Agreed.

Of course, that isn't really saying much.

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. It is funny how petty the previous complaints seem about “build quality” when people see what serious QC issues actually are.

Dimplegate is now a fond memory. Personally I’m looking for dimples as proof of quality.

#896 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Personally I’m looking for dimples as proof of quality.

#897 2 years ago

Dimples? I don't see any dimples.

#898 2 years ago

The title for this thread should be changed to "Why are people still buying JJP games?"

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

It's a big issue now and sales still strong. It was a big issue in the past and prices still soaring. There is no dip in value on any JJP pin and no history to support that it will happen at some time in the far future. It's not like you will ever see a GNR in working order go for $4500 or something like that.

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nah, I think AP has the best build quality. Some owners did have issues with power on Houdini but that's been resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

7,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/18?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.