(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 52.
#801 2 years ago

Yeah we can all agree, JJPs play fields have folded like big crybaby Lebron. Right back at ya Lebron

A19C968D-10ED-4698-8A0F-D8991725DFD2.gifA19C968D-10ED-4698-8A0F-D8991725DFD2.gif
#802 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I don't know anything aboot Radcals but I always love watching LeBron lose, so thanks for reminding me so I can turn on the end of thr crying, pissing, & moaning....er I mean game.

Lol. I mean I’m anti anything NBA.

Le Loser Bron. Crybaby poor sport

Adios!!!

#803 2 years ago

There is a lot of talk the "ink not adhering to the playfield", but might it in fact be that JJP is using overlays instead of printing to the wood?

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dialed In
Some early Dialed In's had chipping at the SIM card and cell phone scoop. JJP attempted to correct the issue with factory made / installed metal edge protectors. The factory metal edge protectors didn't seem to work well and JJP later switched to installing official Cliffy protectors from the factory at the SIM and cell phone scoops.

I noticed on my Dialed In CE that there were a few posts that had slight pooling and the inserts were set low, you could clearly feel that rubbing your fingers over the playfield. Also had a spare mostly populated CE playfield, no pooling but inserts felt low again.

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

There is a lot of talk the "ink not adhering to the playfield", but might it in fact be that JJP is using overlays instead of printing to the wood?

No

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. I mean I’m anti anything NBA.
Le Loser Bron. Crybaby poor sport
Adios!!!

DE190466-8177-496C-94A9-BAF5E390D0EB.gifDE190466-8177-496C-94A9-BAF5E390D0EB.gif
#807 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Do people really believe buyers are lining up to pay a premium if people start dumping these. I think the value is very artificial on a CE. It super sought after by the hard core because it is supposed to be the best of the best and limited. It's all about fear of missing out and having that beautiful example. If ten appeared on the market place all with bad playfields I think that bubble would burst. If JJP actually fixes this in future runs the market will not be kind to the ones with bad playfields.

Every POTC playfield is the same - hasn’t affected their value.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Every POTC playfield is the same - hasn’t affected their value.

POTC was less FD up than GNR. GNR CE with jacked PFs will not cross $15K. The ones selling for 20K are NIB but will be jacked as soon as 10 games are played

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

POTC was less FD up than GNR. GNR CE with jacked PFs will not cross $15K. The ones selling for 20K are NIB but will be jacked as soon as 10 games are played

Well lets be fair....mine has around 50 plays and its still perfect....my guess is u won't find a CE even close to that number. No matter how screwed up the play field is. We all know at some point JJP will agree to replace or sell the owner a new play field....we've seen this movie before.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well lets be fair....mine has around 50 plays and its still perfect....my guess is u won't find a CE even close to that number. No matter how screwed up the play field is. We all know at some point JJP will agree to replace or sell the owner a new play field....we've seen this movie before.

I think that’s all we want to hear. JJP saying “we’re sorry guys, Mirco fucked up such a beautiful game we made. Well stand by our products and make this right”. Then I could care less if my ass is peaking because they manned up to this. So far a Taco Bell fart is more relevant

#811 2 years ago

POTC was so weird, when it was announced people went crazy. I guess you have to give it to JJP they know how to get the hype train moving. Then the whole spinning disk drama. By the time they actually got around to delivering those pins it just seemed completely forgotten. Started with a roar and then was just a complete whimper. It was so quiet with such poor sale they just quietly stopped making them and moved on. Then it was suddenly most sought after pin and people start throwing money to get one. I don't think I have ever seen something instantly become rare and collectible because no one wanted it. Sure you see it with things 20 years later when they have a nostalgia revival and everyone wants the rare unique items. POTC was like we just can't sell this and make money, the next day it was rare and people would pay anything to get one. I guess that is more about the weirdness of Pinball collecting than POTC but it was weird to watch.

#812 2 years ago

I think that’s all we want to hear. JJP saying “we’re sorry guys, Mirco fucked up such a beautiful game we made. Well stand by our products and make this right”. Then I could care less if my ass is peaking because they manned up to this. So far a Taco Bell fart is more relevant

Listen we've seen this movie twice before GNR came out. Buying back games is entirely unrealistic on JJP's part (LE's and SE's). My guess is when the dust settles they'll agree to sell or replace the play field. Its really the only option. Shipping alone would cost more than the replacement play field. At this moment my guess is they have zero play fields in stock so thats not a realistic option.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

POTC was so weird, when it was announced people went crazy. I guess you have to give it to JJP they know how to get the hype train moving. Then the whole spinning disk drama. By the time they actually got around to delivering those pins it just seemed completely forgotten. Started with a roar and then was just a complete whimper. It was so quiet with such poor sale they just quietly stopped making them and moved on. Then it was suddenly most sought after pin and people start throwing money to get one. I don't think I have ever seen something instantly become rare and collectible because no one wanted it. Sure you see it with things 20 years later when they have a nostalgia revival and everyone wants the rare unique items. POTC was like we just can't sell this and make money, the next day it was rare and people would pay anything to get one. I guess that is more about the weirdness of Pinball collecting than POTC but it was weird to watch.

The problem was that JJP gave up too soon. Discgate and trunk gate happened and the echo chamber turned very, very negative, but the thing is almost everyone who canceled preorders and decided they didn't want it anymore at that point HADN'T PLAYED IT.

Once jjPotC started trickling out and people started getting hands on in Nov/Dec they saw how GREAT it was and it started REALLY selling. Unfortunately, JJP had already made the decision to move on by then, so a few more were made to satisfy existing orders and that trickled into around Mar/Apr 2019, I think, but it was essentially over right as it blew up and demand exploded. We got one in March and it was one of the last LEs Automated had.

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem was that JJP gave up too soon. Discgate and trunk gate happened and the echo chamber turned very, very negative, but the thing is almost everyone who canceled preorders and decided they didn't want it anymore at that point HADN'T PLAYED IT.
Once jjPotC started trickling out and people started getting hands on in Nov/Dec they saw how GREAT it was and it started REALLY selling. Unfortunately, JJP had already made the decision to move on by then, so a few more were made to satisfy existing orders and that trickled into around Mar/Apr 2019, I think, but it was essentially over right as it blew up and demand exploded. We got one in March and it was one of the last LEs Automated had.

I didn't follow it closely just casually through here. The most amazing thing is disc and trunk-gate were enough to turn away pinheads and sink Pirates (horrible pun I know). Shit playfields that are literally falling apart, are people really still lined up to throw money at a GnR. I believe this is going to really hurt JJP and the value of this pin. I think a lot of people that are in on GnR this are doing there best to keep the value as high as possible. It's a lot of coin to put out so all the power to them to try and protect that value. If your stuck on $1000 deposit what else can you do. That billionaire owner people talk about would scare me, people with that kind of cash are not fond of bad investments. This turns into a legal mess I would not be surprised he just folds it up and walks away.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If your stuck on $1000 deposit what else can you do.

Just to be clear, NO ONE is stuck on a $1000 deposit. The law is on their side and ANY of them can get a refund because JJP changed the terms of the agreement substantially (the warranty) in March 2021 AFTER the deposits were taken before then.

That allows a full refund of the deposit with no penalty.

#816 2 years ago

Nah - the Playfields are as bad as each other. Just depends how torqued the posts were and where they are. The tearing also can happen if owners aren’t careful removing and reinstalling posts.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just to be clear, NO ONE is stuck on a $1000 deposit. The law is on their side and ANY of them can get a refund because JJP changed the terms of the agreement substantially (the warranty) in March 2021 AFTER the deposits were taken before then.
That allows a full refund of the deposit with no penalty.

Is JJP making it easy to get a refund, it seems like it would take legal action to actually get the cash. Same as the whole buy back offer that just seems to be more legalize to cover their ass that they have no intention of actually honoring.

#818 2 years ago

Im sure this has been said but....

because people keep buying them.

Want it to stop? then dont buy until issues are "fixed" otherwise shutup. You are welcome.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

the whole buy back offer that just seems to be more legalize to cover their ass that they have no intention of actually honoring.

People keep saying this, seems unlikely to me that JJP is to the point of promising buy-backs without any intention of ever fulfilling them. That would seem like “end of days” type behavior for a company.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is JJP making it easy to get a refund, it seems like it would take legal action to actually get the cash. Same as the whole buy back offer that just seems to be more legalize to cover their ass that they have no intention of actually honoring.

Well, it's a black and white legal thing in this case because they made a material change to the agreement after taking the deposits. So point that out, ask nicely, and if they refuse, it's a very easy win for $30 in small claims court fees (or whatever small claims fees are where you are, shouldn't be much).

I mean, I'm pro JJP in general, but this whole situation is RIDICULOUS, and these refusals to send fixed playfields (even a promise for a YEAR from now or something) are unbelievable. The owners LOVE THE PIN, they only do not like the defective playfield JJP sent them that's falling apart. But yeah, let's punish customers by making them return it or live with it in ratty shape.

#822 2 years ago

This is a $10,500 game? Those washers look like ass and whoever put the mylar down did a terrible job. The one picture you can see the mylar is off by at least a half an inch from where it should be. And then there is the theory that any artwork underneath a post is liable to separate with time, so looking at a game that is new doesn't really tell us what it will look like in a few hundred plays. Fingers crossed that this game will hold up with the test of time...

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Zitt seems to be betting that not a single buyback of any JJP GnR will occur

What I'm saying is We've seen ZERO evidence that they actually intend to offer anyone a buyback. Feb was offered; but now June and they haven't executed a buy back. Smells like a used car salesman tactic intended to diffuse the situation without actual intent of following thru. JJP is obviously dragging their feet - I doubt the offer was even genuine; and probably was shot down by the Jack himself when they approached him for final approval.

Let's say 30% of the customers make enough noise to be offered a buy back. Most of those customers will choose to take in in the butt because they really want the game. So let's just say 10% of the 30% actually follow thru with the buy back. How many will actually make enough noise to actually get a real offer to buy back? How many of them will actually get this "grail" of full price plus shipping both ways? I'm pretty confident that number will be near zero. <3 to be proven wrong tho.

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I doubt the offer was even genuine; and probably was shot down by the Jack himself when they approached him for final approval.

I don't think Jack is in charge of those levers these days. Pretty sure there's a new Dread Pirate Roberts and Jack's just on the ship essentially as a figurehead now.

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think Jack is in charge of those levers these days. Pretty sure there's a new Dread Pirate Roberts and Jack's just on the ship essentially as a figurehead now.

So, in other words, Jack is to JJP as the Colonel is to KFC? You recognize them as some sort of figurehead, but you'll be damned if you know that they actually DO anything?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#826 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So, in other words, Jack is to JJP as the Colonel is to KFC? You recognize them as some sort of figurehead, but you'll be damned if you know that they actually DO anything?

Kinda now. I don't think he's in charge like he used to be. He just has to stick around until the crew trusts the new DPR, but with this playfield mess and new bad, customer hostile decisions and "warranty", this new DPR may not have smooth sailing.

#827 2 years ago

Ok "Jack" ... I really don't care who it is... but I'm sure "the management team" stopped that buy back plan before a single offer was made. It is my honest opinion that nothing material will come of the plan. Basically; everyone screwed will indeed be screwed.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is a $10,500 game? Those washers look like ass and whoever put the mylar down did a terrible job. The one picture you can see the mylar is off by at least a half an inch from where it should be. And then there is the theory that any artwork underneath a post is liable to separate with time, so looking at a game that is new doesn't really tell us what it will look like in a few hundred plays. Fingers crossed that this game will hold up with the test of time...

Same same, nothing changed - at least it looks like they’re trying with the washers….

5D2398A5-A318-4E6E-8E5E-2176DA299398 (resized).jpeg5D2398A5-A318-4E6E-8E5E-2176DA299398 (resized).jpegA9ABE16C-0B90-4B39-9D6F-FC1CAB0F4873 (resized).jpegA9ABE16C-0B90-4B39-9D6F-FC1CAB0F4873 (resized).jpeg

#829 2 years ago

Who would have thought a NIB is worth less then a used proven playfield?

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I wanted POTC LE the moment I played it at PAGG, I knew instantly JJP hit it out of the park. The spinning map, rocking pirate ship, flickering lanterns and other toys and details were impressive. There was zero hesitation on my part ordering one for $9500 and the game is a masterpiece and staying in the collection until I’m dead. Still working up the nerve to install this full set of RadCals on my game, not an easy decision. If JJP ever sells more playfields for POTC, I’ll order an extra for insurance. Looking forward to the final code for POTC if and when it comes.

5110E107-4234-4214-909E-E281F8CFF972 (resized).jpeg5110E107-4234-4214-909E-E281F8CFF972 (resized).jpeg78B38A0F-3394-4197-A9C3-8ECF50762690 (resized).jpeg78B38A0F-3394-4197-A9C3-8ECF50762690 (resized).jpeg
#831 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to get the top right post off? I replaced all the small metal washers last night with silicone but couldn’t get that post off. It’s a tight space and wanted to avoid removing the right bumper

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Im sure this has been said but....
because people keep buying them.
Want it to stop? then dont buy until issues are "fixed" otherwise shutup. You are welcome.

Both Mirco and JJP said and showed us it was "fixed" though...

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from Shabazz18:

Both Mirco and JJP said and showed us it was "fixed" though...

Yes, here is the fix and remedy video they just published:

#834 2 years ago

Owner reports from the latest run games are so far so good, will see what happens after 100+ plays. Still, seeing washers installed all over is concerning. If playfield issues are resolved there shouldn't be a need to install washers all over.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Owner reports from the latest run games are so far so good, will see what happens after 100+ plays. Still, seeing washers installed all over is concerning. If playfield issues are resolved there shouldn't be a need to install washers all over.

No playfields are resolved. Washers is their fix. They are just praying they hold up.

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No playfields are resolved. Washers is their fix. They are just praying they hold up.

Is that a fact? How do you know this?

#837 2 years ago

Because three or four games over 8 or do years indicate they have no intention of fixing. Add their behavior of no remedies Is a further indication of their inability to solve

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Because three or four games over 8 or do years indicate they have no intention of fixing. Add their behavior of no remedies Is a further indication of their inability to solve

Completely inappropriate for them to turn their backs on current ownerS with problems if the issue is fixed, but its not, they are going to just keep going until they collect as much money as they can, then when theres too many problems they will close up before they will ever lay out the money to make it right. They wont survive this round of inflation

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Is that a fact? How do you know this?

Then tell me why all GNR’s come with washers installed and my 27 year old Addams Gold did not? That’s because the problem is still there!!

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Then tell me why all GNR’s come with washers installed and my 27 year old Addams Gold did not? That’s because the problem is still there!!

Clearly its still a problem....I do think JJP cares, but they have zero options since they put all their eggs in the Mirco basket. My guess is they want it fixed, but their not losing any sleep over it, because at the moment sales are up. They will continue to build out GNR until they announce their next game, which will most likely have Mirco play fields along with the same host of problems.

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Because no one takes pride in their work anymore, they just want your money. They know that the bottom is going to fall out and they want as much as they can get as fast as they can get it. Mirco and JJP are greedy assholes, my opinion.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Because no one takes pride in their work anymore, they just want your money. They know that the bottom is going to fall out and they want as much as they can get as fast as they can get it. Mirco and JJP are greedy assholes, my opinion.

So just JJP and Mirco....Stern isn't in that camp? Personally I'm fine with greed if u put out a quality product, and provide great customer service.

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So just JJP and Mirco....Stern isn't in that camp? Personally I'm fine with greed if u put out a quality product, and provide great customer service.

No one includes everyone. Of course not everyone is that way, some people and corps have scruples but not many. And to further answer your question, Stern seems to have gotten a lot better. Their shit is still way overprices and there are still bad PFs,cabs and such but they seem to have gotten better and if you keep at them they might do something about it. JJp and Mirco however will hide behind the curtain and pretend you don't exist then raise the price.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This post shows otherwise and only at 40 games played. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/218#post-6323718

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No one includes everyone. Of course not everyone is that way, some people and corps have scruples but not many. And to further answer your question, Stern seems to have gotten a lot better. Their shit is still way overprices and there are still bad PFs,cabs and such but they seem to have gotten better and if you keep at them they might do something about it. JJp and Mirco however will hide behind the curtain and pretend you don't exist then raise the price.

Put it this way. JJP got me back into pinball. Stern’s are crap to me. With that being said, if JJP does not make this right, I will switch over to spooky and American. It’s simple.

#846 2 years ago

Damn, well there goes that theory that the issue has been resolved with the latest build games.

When I see washers being installed all over the place on these games this quote from Rick Grimes comes to mind...

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Damn, well there goes that theory that the issue has been resolved with the latest build games.

I'd guess that JJP already purchased enough SE/LE playfields to fulfill 3000+ orders. And if that's the case, any of them could have issues regardless of when the build is completed.

#848 2 years ago

Anybody in the market for a second-hand JJP game is going to specifically be looking for this damage and the price of the game will be lower because of it.

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody in the market for a second-hand JJP game is going to specifically be looking for this damage and the price of the game will be lower because of it.

I agree with that but I think it may take a while to reach that point as the hobby and pricing is just nuts right now, people want this game and there's still a pretty long wait for it so for now the price, even for damaged PFs is going to hold. Two years from now I think it will start to take a hit and if you're lucky enough to have an LE or even better a CE without damage you'll be able to cash in.

#850 2 years ago

JJP, the owners need more light on this issue.!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/17?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.