(Topic ID: 292889)

Why is JJP still making games with faulty playfields?

By PanzerFreak

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220617_154723.jpg
20220617_154445.jpg
IMG_20220613_032620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
20210909_134038 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
chrome_2022-02-15_12-00-35 (resized).png
17AEF3C4-B1B7-44A7-B1F2-071EA929B00F (resized).jpeg
4076DC23-3C1A-4942-9F24-34168523D514.gif
FB618287-0DDE-4466-AC99-9BC00DF91609 (resized).jpeg
EDF7D875-27AD-48ED-BBCC-E0DF0CB5C98B (resized).jpeg
2ED1C591-29D4-4E62-9285-6F2EC8D87582 (resized).jpeg
32A8819B-CD13-4A4F-A5A5-A989485403A2 (resized).jpeg
2021-10-22_8-36-44 (resized).jpg
68747470733a2f2f692e696d67666c69702e636f6d2f79687a6a792e6a7067 (resized).jpeg
9F8E0426-381C-4AE2-9E25-A03281F18142.gif

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 52.
#701 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:My distributor got an email from Barry today about my GNRCE. They will buy it back and I have until June 7th to make my mind up. If I decline, no other resolution will be offered. They know no CE owner will do this (I think) so it’s a easy way out for them.

Quoted from Skyemont:

... I have been offered 17k as is but I don’t want the $. I don’t need the $. I just want a better playfield. Jesus Christ!!

Why would you take them up on the buyback offer when you can sell it to someone else for a lot more? No one would do that. Since you don't want to sell it, I say try to push a little harder for an unpopulated pf. That's got to be cheaper and easier for JJP, right?? Unbelievable that JJP wouldn't want to do that.

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does it have faux/real cliffys on it?
The chipping issues are around the sim/phone slots

Not sure about the Cliffy's. I've looked into that, but still not sure what's in there. But whatever is install seems to be holding up.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Dimpling wasn't really the issue. Cracking and chipping at the SIM and Phone holes was the major problem. Happened within 50 plays on the NIB one we had. Jack eventually put real cliffies on the holes, but that took like 9 months of playing around with their terrible protector designs that sucked before he gave in.
Here's a picture when I put the Cliffy on. This was around 100 plays at this point and is representative of the kind of damage others were also reporting at the time...[quoted image]

Scoops seem to be OK. Dimples are not noticeable unless you really look for them.

I looked for a PF build date, but didn't see a date in the front area or the sides.

Sorry all - didn't mean to derail the thread w/DI posts- just wanted to share my DI w/a 8-2017 build date.

Big difference between then and now.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My distributor got an email from Barry today about my GNRCE. They will buy it back and I have until June 7th to make my mind up. If I decline, no other resolution will be offered. They know no CE owner will do this (I think) so it’s a easy way out for them.

I guarantee if you sell it yourself you'll get a lot more than the buyback price JJP are offering, regardless of how bad the PF may be...

#704 2 years ago

If you truly want a bare playfield, I would consider getting a lawyer involved. There are specific weak points in the warranty a lawyer will be able to use to give you the recourse you are looking for. JJP will not change their behavior until it is cheaper to make a non-defective playfield than it is to keep paying to defend a litany of lawsuits.

After reading JJP's response with this issue, there is absolutely no grail theme out there that I would ever consider buying NIB from JJP until they can prove to us they have changed.

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is JJP has been looking for another play field manufacturer for a while with no luck. They clearly know this is an issue, but aside from doing it themselves or paying a higher price per unit their stuck with Mirco.

To me - the advantage of finding a domestic manufacturer & paying a higher price seems obvious. This is not rocket science, there has got to be another company in the US that can CNC plywood, print it, add inserts, and clear coat it. My guess is a large sign company could start doing this without much investment.

With a domestic based PF company, JJP can oversee quality much easier.

#706 2 years ago

If enough of you grow some balls and sell them back JJP will fix the issue. Keep going at the rate you are and ya’ll are fucked. I’m out of any JJP pins ever. New or used, DONE. Enjoy

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:If enough of you grow some balls and sell them back JJP will fix the issue. Keep going at the rate you are and ya’ll are fucked. I’m out of any JJP pins ever. New or used, DONE. Enjoy

Never happen, people are trying to actually pay to get new PF's
What other product do you buy defective where you offer the company money to fix it?
If I had a CE, I would sell it back to them in a heartbeat, or to another collector if they were insane enough to pay me more than it cost me with the defective PF

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If I had a CE, I would sell it back to them in a heartbeat, or to another collector if they were insane enough to pay me more than it cost me with the defective PF

Quoted from EricHadley:

If enough of you grow some balls and sell them back JJP will fix the issue. Keep going at the rate you are and ya’ll are fucked. I’m out of any JJP pins ever. New or used, DONE. Enjoy

Either of you “have the balls” to give up the $5k profit you can make selling your CE in order to make a point to JJP?

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Either of you “have the balls” to give up the $5k profit you can make selling your CE in order to make a point to JJP?

I don't own a CE (tried to get one, and then was going to get an LE before the issues surfaced)
but if I had one, I 100% would sell it back to JJP or to another collector if they were willing to pay more

selling it back to JJP won't make a point to them at all
At this junction, they are either fully aware they have an issue that 100% needs to be fixed going forward, or they just don't care.
A few people selling machines back to them won't make a difference.

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I don't own a CE (tried to get one, and then was going to get an LE before the issues surfaced)
but if I had one, I 100% would sell it back to JJP or to another collector if they were willing to pay more
selling it back to JJP won't make a point to them at all
At this junction, they are either fully aware they have an issue that 100% needs to be fixed going forward, or they just don't care.
A few people selling machines back to them won't make a difference.

If I had an LE with a badly damaged PF and they offered to buy it back, id do it. You’ll be able to pick up an LE down the track for below RRP I would assume.

But I don’t think they’ve offered it recently to LE owners? (Was only offered very very early on in production when they were trying to pretend they fixed the issues). Likely because they know people will take them up on it if they do. The only recent offers have been to CE buyers AFAIK. They know full well no CE buyers are taking them up on the offer.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The whole buy back is JJP just calling your bluff. On paper I guess it’s a fair deal, but in reality we’re not dealing with replaceable commodities. It’s basically them saying “if you’re really that unhappy with it, we’ll buy it back, but if you don’t take the offer, then it proves our point that it’s not a big deal in the first place.”
I really don’t understand not selling you a replacement pf - even if it’s 6 months down the track. That makes absolutely no sense.

That's it in a nutshell. There is no fix and pins still work just fine. If someone is truly that unhappy then they would be glad to sell it back. Wants the point of buying a new pf is the whole process is flawed? You will then be trying to get JJP to warranty bad replacement pf's.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My distributor got an email from Barry today about my GNRCE. They will buy it back and I have until June 7th to make my mind up. If I decline, no other resolution will be offered. They know no CE owner will do this (I think) so it’s a easy way out for them.

This almost seems passive aggressive to me. For reasons already stated in this thread, they are playing a "calling your bluff" card on how bad the damage actually is.

It's shrewd and calculating, and not a way to build customer loyalty.

I know pinball is a crazy industry, but it seems foolish to assume there is an inexhaustible supply of new pinball owners to replace every unsatisfied one. Just because the cliff hasn't been found yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

#713 2 years ago

This buyback offer is the Schrodinger's cat of pinball warranties.

#714 2 years ago

Buying back a CE is an easy decision for JJP due to the market pricing of that model. Has JJP offered to buy back any LE's? My guess is many LE owners would take that offer in a heartbeat

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Buying back a CE is an easy decision for JJP due to the market pricing of that model. Has JJP offered to buy back any LE's? My guess is many LE owners would take that offer in a heartbeat

They offered to buy back at least one pinsiders SE.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I took the offer and they never followed through, i think 6 weeks is more than fair to wait, nothing but crickets. I know there was one other that waited 3 months and nothing, so JJP is full of shit on the buyback.

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Sounds good, but I was told
"The boxing material will be sent out.
After the game is boxed a pickup is scheduled.
Once we receive the machine, we check it out.
A refund will then be issued."
Assuming they even contact you back you wont receive one dime until they inspect the game for further damage. So JJP reserves the right to inspect for damage that YOU may have done to the machine, just not the other way around.

It seems really odd that they say they're going to inspect the machine for additional damage if you send it in for a refund. I think I remember on a Deadflip stream awhile back Jack mentioned Stern gets rid of all parts that are returned because it would be a legal liability if they recycled any returned part into a new machine and something went wrong with it.

Presumably when JJP offers the refund due to playfield chipping they've already accepted that the playfield issue is sufficient for a refund by looking at pictures, so it seems like there shouldn't be any issue/need for any additional inspection beyond that to qualify for the refund. Unless maybe they're trying to recycle machines or parts, which would not be good.

So basically it sounds like JJP is just throwing this language in there to try to plant an idea in the owner's mind that the refund might not get final approval after the machine is sent back. That way it's less likely the owner actually takes the offer and when it's refused JJP can just say "Hey, our proposed solution was the offer to buy it back and you declined it". Then JJP can carry on without incurring any cost to remedy the issue of their bad product. And if you call their bluff and accept the buyback then they just don't respond and delay hoping they never actually have to follow through on it.

It's evil genius at work. Definitely not a good example of good customer service and standing behind the quality of the product.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I took the offer and they never followed through, i think 6 weeks is more than fair to wait, nothing but crickets. I know there was one other that waited 3 months and nothing, so JJP is full of shit on the buyback.

I would keep sending them emails so its on the record. Was the offer made in writing (i.e. email)? My guess is the last thing they want to do is buy back LE's. Buying back a CE is a no brainer as they could resell it to one of their distributors in 5 minutes.

#719 2 years ago

As much as I hate litigation... It's beyond time for that. It's so insanely stupid that JJP refuses to send out replacement PFs which would cost them a hell of a lot less than buybacks and if they're going to do buybacks then they should be doing it for the market price. This entire attitude wreaks of entitlement and JJP needs to be put right back in it's place. I just don't see any other way than to sue their pants off. Will those actually affected get anything out of it? Nope, probably not but... Perhaps this will cost JJP so much in lawyers fees, bad publicity, and such that they either actually fix this permanently or go bankrupt. Either way, if the community is going to continue to allow this garbage from them then garbage is all we're going to get and that's simply not right. F JJP...

Jeff

#720 2 years ago

Barry responded to my question regarding the play fields and my LE order that’s coming. I asked how they’re handling the situation and here’s his response.

Hello Steve,

We are continuing to address each issue on a case by case basis.
This is a small percentage over all.
We only offered buy back on the CE because the CE run is sold out and replacement was not an option.

We never have offered populated playfields and that still is true today.

To recap, this is a small group, we offered to everyone affected a very generous resolution based on their game model.

Barry Engler
Jersey Jack Pinball
(331) 223-9396
Sent From My Android

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Barry responded to my question regarding the play fields and my LE order that’s coming. I asked how they’re handling the situation and here’s his response.
Hello Steve,
We are continuing to address each issue on a case by case basis.
This is a small percentage over all.
We only offered buy back on the CE because the CE run is sold out and replacement was not an option.
We never have offered populated playfields and that still is true today.
To recap, this is a small group, we offered to everyone affected a very generous resolution based on their game model.
Barry Engler
Jersey Jack Pinball
(331) 223-9396
Sent From My Android

Complete and total lie. I'd run the other way if I were you... For one, they can get more CE playfields if they wanted to, they just don't. Secondly, anyone here of a "very generous resolution" for ANYONE...???

Jeff

#722 2 years ago

With wiz I burnt up their phones. I called till they answered and called till they sent the PF but then Jack sent me a shit one and I sold it and bought a good one through Jen.

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

With wiz I burnt up their phones. I called till they answered and called till they sent the PF but then Jack sent me a shit one and I sold it and bought a good one through Jen.

Why did you settle for a shitty replacement play field? The good news us you had an option to buy another play field. It appears JJP isn't even offering that option at the moment.

#724 2 years ago

The host of the story was to burn their phones up. Call and drive them insane. I personally think they deserve to be sued. This issue has been going on since they started and they are knowingly selling la flawed product. But I am no lawyer.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why did you settle for a shitty replacement play field? The good news us you had an option to buy another play field. It appears JJP isn't even offering that option at the moment.

Cause they know the replacement they would send you is also the same shit quality????

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#726 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I guarantee if you sell it yourself you'll get a lot more than the buyback price JJP are offering, regardless of how bad the PF may be...

And THAT my friends........is WHY Toy Story will sell out again right away and the PF problem is just really not much of a problem when you can not only get a full refund from the manufacturer BUT you can also sell your "shitty pf game" for much more than you paid.

Not many people are really ever gonna do a PF swap. Maybe play the one you have until you wear out the thing with 50k plays and then send it HEP to make it "perfect" again. There you go, great solution!

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Cause they know the replacement they would send you is also the same shit quality????

Not sure this is true or not? My guess is they sent out hundreds of replacement play fields for POTC and WW although my guess is very few actually did the play field swap so we really don't know.

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And THAT my friends........is WHY Toy Story will sell out again right away and the PF problem is just really not much of a problem.
Not many people are really ever gonna do a PF swap. Maybe play the one you have until you wear out the thing with 50k plays and then send it HEP to make it "perfect" again. There you go, great solution!

Maybe? GNR was the only game JJP has ever made that sold out quickly (CE's)....all the other CE's took forever to sell

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Maybe? GNR was the only game JJP has ever made that sold out quickly (CE's)....all the other CE's took forever to sell

But then they did right? POTCCE with it's "shit pf's" now sell for over $35k

WonkaCE's just sold out the remaining at $12,500.

For the moment, whether it's houses, travel, pinball etc. people are spending the shit out of $$$ they have had to save over Covid.

The day of reckoning is coming but it's not this year!

AND as you get older, i promise you, you begin to care less and less about the little things that don't matter much.

The amount of pinball crap i've accumulated sitting in boxes that will never be opened most likely until after i'm gone is astounding. How much shit do you have? Life is short.

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not sure this is true or not? My guess is they sent out hundreds of replacement play fields for POTC and WW although my guess is very few actually did the play field swap so we really don't know.

My guess is that replacement playfields for POTC were closer to the single digits.

#731 2 years ago

With everything going on, inflation, oil will be through the roof, and much more, the economy is going to go to shit. People buying 12k pins is going to stop. Jersey Junk Playfields better enjoy this while it lasts

#732 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

shrewd and calculating,

Warning: Realism ahead!

When has anyone ever NOT been shrewd and calculating in a profitable business? What JJP is doing is classic Business 101. Handle all product defect issues individually and in private. Do the least amount as possible to satisfy the most vocal customers, and NEVER make an open statement to potential customers that there are any problems, because there are no problems that prevent the machines from performing their intended purpose. Stand on your warranty that says we will repair or replace only when the product can no longer function as intended. This is sound legal advise that they are getting from their counsel, I can guarantee it.

And that is the big rub for everyone who wants a "perfect" playfield. JJP can stand back and lawyer up and do absolutely nothing, and they would be within their rights.

The following is the phrase that just about every lawyer will agree with:

None of the defects that customers are experiencing makes the machine unusable as a coin operated amusement device.

Maybe we need to say that again for emphasis-

None of the defects that customers are experiencing makes the machine unusable as a coin operated amusement device.

I am not a JJP fanboy, don't own any, haven't seen one I can't live without, but I am also a realist, and anyone living in the fantasy world that JJP will suddenly jump up on a soap box, scream "Our playfields suck and we are working on it" is fooling themselves.

If I did own a GnRCE, I would be selling it to another collector if they are willing to buy it at going market rates, or selling it back to JJP if nobody else wants it at MSRP plus shipping. That is just simple Economics 101. It sucks, I would be pissed, but as someone who understands the reality of being in business, I also know what to expect from one, and isn't it surprising, be it Stern, JJP, or you name the manufacturer, they all follow this same playbook when playfield defects crop up? Hell even Bally/Williams back in the day did the same thing when people complained and the results were the same back then, too.

Moral to the story: be loud, be obnoxious, be vocal, get in their face and the face of potential customers. Put up a billboard near the factory, take out an ad in trade magazines, post to social media, start a "Screwed by JJP" fan club. "Only the squeaky wheel gets the grease" is a saying that applies here. A Class action lawsuit is a dead end (see lawyer loving legal statement above) so the court of public opinion is all you have left.

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Because people would attempt to hold them accountable and ask how they are addressing the issue. They would rather just be silent, it's much much easier.

Much easier for sure. But I ain't buying then.

Quoted from Colehvac1:

Its fucking stupid, not everyone can work on a pinball machine, just like not everyone can do root canal.

I am not helpless when it comes to fixing machines, but there's no f'ing way I would tackle a PF swap on any JJP machine. Not just because I don't have the time, but mainly because these machines cost too much to begin with. To expect customers to spend 80+ hours on a PF swap is just nuts...

Quoted from John_I:

Yep once all the dimples join together in one big mass, it doesn't look so bad.

Agreed. My Hobbit looks good as well. Dimpling is the least of the worries here.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

If you can't work on pinball machines, you probably shouldn't own them... Playfield swaps are a different animal of course but again, if you can work on your machine I'll bet you can do a swap...
Jeff

I've been working on pinball machines over 20 years and the last thing I want to do is attempt my first playfield swap...especially on a game I paid LE money for.

Fortunately my LZLE has a gorgeous playfield, guess I lucked out.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've been working on pinball machines over 20 years and the last thing I want to do is attempt my first playfield swap...especially on a game I paid LE money for.
Fortunately my LZLE has a gorgeous playfield, guess I lucked out.

Fair enough.

Jeff

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It's evil genius at work. Definitely not a good example of good customer service and standing behind the quality of the product.

That is exactly it. A 100% calculated outcome. Decide what the desired level of responsibility is wanted and then make a legally reviewed stance to present to the customer.

Some will not even consider the offer.
Some will worry about the parameters.
Some will tire over time.
Some will sell privately.
Some will just play the game.

Few will actually follow thru with the return.

JJP ends up taking the route of least liability. And that is a win in today’s business world...

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

"Only the squeaky wheel gets the grease" is a saying that applies here. A Class action lawsuit is a dead end (see lawyer loving legal statement above) so the court of public opinion is all you have left.

I posted this in another thread:

JJP getting called out on Twitter...
https://twitter.com/neilmcrae/status/1395033318366789633?s=20

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

That is exactly it. A 100% calculated outcome. Decide what the desired level of responsibility is wanted and then make a legally reviewed stance to present to the customer.
Some will not even consider the offer.
Some will worry about the parameters.
Some will tire over time.
Some will sell privately.
Some will just play the game.
Few will actually follow thru with the return.
JJP ends up taking the route of least liability. And that is a win in today’s business world...

Makes me wonder when distributors are going to start pushing back and saying enough is enough and simply drop JJP all together. Yeah I realize JJP sells direct but I'll bet they really don't want to be on an island with no buffer between the customer and them. Maybe I'm wrong here but I don't think JJP can survive on direct sales alone. I know what my distributor had to go through to get my POTC CE playfield replacement and there is no way I'd have gotten one if I had to deal direct. That experience alone is why I'd never buy from JJP direct either for that matter.

Jeff

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Barry Engler

lol

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Makes me wonder when distributors are going to start pushing back and saying enough is enough and simply drop JJP all together. Yeah I realize JJP sells direct but I'll bet they really don't want to be on an island with no buffer between the customer and them. Maybe I'm wrong here but I don't think JJP can survive on direct sales alone. I know what my distributor had to go through to get my POTC CE playfield replacement and there is no way I'd have gotten one if I had to deal direct. That experience alone is why I'd never buy from JJP direct either for that matter.
Jeff

I stopped by and spoke with a distributor in central MO a couple months ago who told me that they dropped JJP due to all the issues. I didn't press, but I assume they were getting far too many complaints relative to others. I believe they just deal with NIB Stern (and lots of renovations...which is why I was there).

#741 2 years ago
JJP (resized).jpgJJP (resized).jpg
#742 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

This is a start, but FB is more visible than Twitter, since they push the posts via algorithm. This works way better on bigger companies, we got our LG refrigerator repaired the same day my wife posted a big post to their page saying we were not getting good customer service. If she hadn't posted, we were stuck with a broken refrigerator and about $300 worth of food that was going to go bad. They got a repairman there within 2 hours.

#743 2 years ago

Allow me to shill for JJP for a moment...

THey are in a super tough and shitty situation, having sold what appears to be (at least) dozens of lemons at an incredibly high cost to seriously discerning buyers. A full refund/buyback is really their best option. They do not want to be babysitting these games for years on end, they don't want to be dealing with these angry buyers and their playfields for the foreseeable future, so they are offering everybody a chance to get out.

It sucks for people who want their games but at this point it makes the most sense for JJP. They want to wash their hands of this fiasco and move on and they'll never be able to do that if they are still dealing with these games for years to come. JJP isn't VW and they don't have the resources for this to go on for years while at the same time making everybody 100 percent happy. So this is what they've come up with.

In a couple hundred retail sales over the past 15 years I've sold a few lemons and eventually a buyback or trade offer has gone out to customers. At some point it's the best for everybody involved and in my case it's always worked out for myself and my customers.

If I owned one of these games I'd definitely be ready to move on with my life and get my money back. I'd know I could always buy one in the future once these issues are sorted out.

I know it sucks but I'd suggest to anyone affected they seriously consider this offer. It's clear JJP doesn't want to deal with these games anymore, so it's shit or get off the pot time for everybody.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

What about those that bought a CE = Collector's Edition - would it still be considered Collector's Quality with the defects?

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I posted this in another thread:
https://twitter.com/neilmcrae/status/1395033318366789633?s=20

There is actually someone else on that very post who called them out BEFORE the comment to which you point. Someone named "gribbs2". Hmmm...that name sounds familiar.

#746 2 years ago

Levi makes perfect sense but we're talking about a demographic who won't take refunds even for nonexistent RAZAs.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Allow me to shill for JJP for a moment...
THey are in a super tough and shitty situation, having sold what appears to be (at least) dozens of lemons at an incredibly high cost to seriously discerning buyers. A full refund/buyback is really their best option. They do not want to be babysitting these games for years on end, they don't want to be dealing with these angry buyers and their playfields for the foreseeable future, so they are offering everybody a chance to get out.
It sucks for people who want their games but at this point it makes the most sense for JJP. They want to wash their hands of this fiasco and move on and they'll never be able to do that if they are still dealing with these games for years to come. JJP isn't VW and they don't have the resources for this to go on for years while at the same time making everybody 100 percent happy. So this is what they've come up with.
In a couple hundred retail sales over the past 15 years I've sold a few lemons and eventually a buyback or trade offer has gone out to customers. At some point it's the best for everybody involved and in my case it's always worked out for myself and my customers.
If I owned one of these games I'd definitely be ready to move on with my life and get my money back. I'd know I could always buy one in the future once these issues are sorted out.
I know it sucks but I'd suggest to anyone affected they seriously consider this offer. It's clear JJP doesn't want to deal with these games anymore, so it's shit or get off the pot time for everybody.

Except, they aren't. From members that have posted here saying they got a buyback offer, JJP went completely silent. I haven't heard of anyone going through the buyback process successfully. It's a bullshit offer.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

[quoted image]

This is incredibly low brow, but I absolutely love it.

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Except, they aren't. From members that have posted here saying they got a buyback offer, JJP went completely silent. I haven't heard of anyone going through the buyback process successfully. It's a bullshit offer.

It seems the offer has been renewed and made "official," with a deadline of next week. Let's see if anybody takes them up on it and if JJP follows through. As they are sending out this offer in writing I'm inclined to believe they will.

#750 2 years ago

I think from this post, at least DP/Barry appears to be aware Mirco is a problem. I’m betting Mirco will eat a huge expense if the F up their playfields or they will go elsewhere. Something JJP should admit & commit to instead of losing more customers forever

E91906EB-9462-462B-84D3-501D322B9C7E (resized).pngE91906EB-9462-462B-84D3-501D322B9C7E (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/15?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.