(Topic ID: 259139)

Why is it good to produce a crap load of pinballs?

By pinballOsp

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jurassic pooooo (resized).jpg
    61bYnt9EZ8L._SX466_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago

Why is it good to produce a crapload of new dumb threads?

#30 4 years ago

i have no idea why it’s a good idea to produce threads at this current rate and quality.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Judging from Posters declaring they will no longer purchase Stern due to unresolved quality issues sales should have dropped 25%.

So this isn't a joke? You genuinely believe Stern's sales have dropped 25 percent in the last year or so?

Posts like this are why people in the industry point and laugh at Pinside.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Oh yeah? They laugh at a site encompassing 63,295 hobbyists, at least a portion of which are their sales base for every new NIB they pump out? I always forget that you are Gary Stern's best friend, Charlie's best friend, etc. You befriending the guys at American Pinball too?

What in God's name are you blathering about? You sound like you just took a hit from Jadaveon Clowney.

Yes, they laugh at this site. It's a never-ending river of bad information and uninformed opinions on what it takes to stay in business as a pinball manufacturer. If Pinside ran any of the existing companies, they'd be out of business in a week!

And you know it!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Boys boys! Clam down, or take this to PM... This thread is about how the hobby needs less pinball machines

He didn't say less, he just wants to know what the value is in a crap load.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And at least I’ll say this. It’s good to know that a lot of people on here are full of shit, that say they are no longer buying Stern games with all the issues, but then still continue to do so.
    Now I know I can skip over that next “My Stern Playfield is dimpling!” thread.

Complaining is free. Starting dumb threads is free. Claiming you were buying Stern games three times a year and now refuse to buy any is also free.

Unfortunately none of that shit actually gets you a pinball machine. So despite all the over the top posturing the NIB addicts here will keep buying Sterns because they remain the cheapest and best games on the market and the only ones you can have in your home a day after they are announced.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Finally, an actual cheap shot involving clowney

LMAO!!!

nice

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Wasn’t long ago when people could near break even when selling a lightly used recent title pin. Seems like recently people are losing thousands on similar titles. Is an increase in used pin inventory part of the reason? Not saying I know......just asking

Perhaps pinball is like some kind of spherical object, which may soon pop!?!?!?!?

You don't lose thousands of dollars of "slightly used" titles, you lose hundreds, unless you made the mistake of buying a Houdini. Not sure where you got that from.

Quoted from underlord:

Geezus Levi. Have a cup o cranky with yer whine chaser....

You ain't lyin. Lately pinside is the piss in my cheerios.
    I'll take all the Stern pros at "thousands" under NIB price, please PM me.

Years ago - the 2000s - you'd lose $1,000 by opening the box on a Stern. Even stuff like LOTR and Simpsons. Times have indeed changed.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I got mine and have been playing the snot out of it. All it takes is a few plays on some of the newer games to realize how superior that one actually is.

I have a No Fear. It's enjoyable enough on a lark.

You don't find it a little...uhh...repetitive?

Every game is kind of exactly the same and if you play too many games in a row those rock themes are stuck in your head for a week. And not in a good way!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-it-good-to-produce-a-crap-load-of-pinballs?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.