Cherry2.png
Apply_cold_water_to_burned_area.jpeg
image-362.jpg
Peterbra.jpg
FGY TSPP.jpg
FGY Side Decals.jpg
FGY Green Flipper.jpg
FGY Orange Flippers.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago

So with 3300 made and them not changing hands often just lends to how good a total package the game is. No? FG in general is going to be viewed as a game changer for what it did to TV. Maybe even more so than simpsons. Plus Seth MacFarlane does not appear to be a one hit wonder and is going places. This all adds to the longevity of the pin and it's "keep" factor once someone has it. It's aging well as both FG and Seth are still mainstream while Shreks popularity is tied to a new movie being released. not a theme for lots of guys but is for many for sure. Demand still outpaces supply even at 3000+ manufactured.

If stern was thinking outside the box they'd approach Seth to get another voice pack. Seth and Fox might both bite Wishful thinking for sure but would be awesome and every collector with the game would probably pay for it.

#64 10 years ago

It did, but FG taking it to the 21st century. Simpsons is still a great show, but what it changed, it changed in its first decade. FG beget American Dad and Cleveland show don't forget.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I had at least three different multi-balls during that game

I don't think you can rate any stern by number of multiballs acheived. They're pretty easy to get on most their newish games. Keeps people plunking in quarters. TAV - many many multiball options per game, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're rock'n the game.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

...and The Simpsons spawned off Futurama, essentially.
In 20 years, 80% of the humor on Family Guy will be crap because it's almost entirely referential humor or recycled gags. The show won't age well. South Park has a similar issue, because they use so much referential humor. I really fail to see how Family Guy is groundbreaking in any way, to be honest. Popular? Yes. Long running? Sure. Groundbreaking? No, not really.
The last decade of The Simpsons has been nowhere near what its first decade was, but mostly because it's being compared to itself. On its own, The Simpsons today still stands up well to other cartoons on TV, but its first 10 years were so far and away above anything today that it's almost unfair to raise comparisons. In fact, Simpsons seasons 3 through 9 (and about half of 10) are unequaled in animated comedy. Pretty rough to measure up against for the modern iteration.
There's a reason that there's a meme "The Simpsons already did it." I really don't think you'll see that of Family Guy or its spinoff shows.
Conclusion: The Simpsons > Family Guy in both pinball and TV. #Truthfact

Guess everyone can have their own "opinion" huh. Personally I think Simpsons pin is a snore, but I don't dis those that enjoy it. Love the theme for sure though.

Anyway I'll go play some FG now. Its just pinball after all.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In 2014 we're pretty used to "dirty" comedy on TV by now, especially in animated form....but keep in mind FG started in '99, and was pushing the limits of what you could say/show on a network TV show with FCC standards. Now it almost seems quaint. Not sure if the show deserves credit for pushing network TV boundaries....perhaps it's just the evolution of pop-culture in general. Remember when Simpsons started in the early 90's and people were shocked by "Eat my shorts"? I had to turn my Bart Simpson shirts inside-out in Jr. High lol.

It was a pretty big deal when Bart said "Hell" and Simpson's did its fair share, but Family Guy took it way way way beyond that. Can you put "finger bang Meg" and "Hell" in the same category?

Then there is the whole star wars saga and what FG did with that. I'm in no way minimizing what Simpson's has done for TV, just saying that they finished pushing the edges last century and FG pick up where they left off. Before both was Flintstones. I'm not minimizing its place either.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Family Guy was cancelled for 3 years in early 2000. It made it back and has done well but it simply can't be compared to The Simpsons. Family Guy is good at fart and puke comedy. It is not smart humour at all. It's easy to understand... I fart on someone's Corn Flakes and do,it over and over and over again and you laugh. I don't find The Simpsons to be as stupid or dumbed down.
In terms of pinball, I was not a big fan of the gameplay on Shrek. Perhaps Family Guy is funnier and a better theme... I am sure there are at least a few fart jokes in there... Sperm multiball? Maybe fun but Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode just sounds a little more sophisticated for me... Hahaha. But those of you who enjoy the sound of Sperm mode can go for it! Not coming near my house... (Pun intended)

I'd agree there are a lot of fart jokes in FG, but if you look past it there's so much more.

A lot of pokes at what's going on in current mainstream media. As per my other post I'm not minimalizing Simpsons. Just saying that what it did it did in its first decade. Still a great show. I see it as Flintstones, Simpsons, FG - with Futurama thrown in there somewhere.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

if any machine pulls a kid off a video game and gets them to enjoy something else...major win!!!....

^ this for sure

But did you let them play in Adult mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-family-guy-so-expensive?tu=Hobbypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.