Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by 85vett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is deathsaving cheating?”

• Yes, of course! Duh. 104 votes
      65%
    • Nope, it's a real skill of pinball, not cheating. 15 votes
      9%
    • No, but should be illegal in competitive play. 41 votes
      26%

(160 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F18BAC91-6D1A-4AC4-BA7C-E2951043BAB7 (resized).jpeg
    D9B8A7B4-984B-43B3-8FB9-F1D355046D8E (resized).jpeg
    F15E802A-6429-4974-84CF-BA7B060DC072 (resized).jpeg
    3EE63957-5011-4EE6-B29A-36A65D8B2C99 (resized).jpeg
    4 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    TWD Apron Lip (resized).jpg
    2D6EE1BF-CDF6-4D65-8D28-AEB0E7106818 (resized).jpeg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1721767.main_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

They're the only illegal move in competitive pinball

Not true. Competitions can allow them if they want. The big time ones won’t let you though. It’s just like most other tournament rules. If you allow them, the game takes longer. Games taking too long is a top priority for most tournament organizers. Keep things on time.

#19 3 years ago

It’s just a bad habit to get into imo. You do it all the time on your games fine, but it increases the risk that you inadvertently do it on others’ machines and piss them off. Or do it in a comp and get DQed.

One of the reasons why I’ve never practiced/learned them.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

There's a fix for slides saves. Ask anyone who played in Illinois state finals at my house how many they got away with.

Rubber feet?

#35 3 years ago

Yeah I’m surprised more people don’t mess with the debounce settings. I was so pumped when that was added.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

- I always thought if it occurred more than once per ball that the second time you were supposed to drain the ball. I don't know where I heard that but I've never had it happen twice in a single ball so never encountered it.

It’s no different than Lazarus balls. You get unlimited.

However if you budge at all, could get you a DQ.

Quoted from 85vett:

Some games have a post with a rubber on it in the drain. Waterworld is a good example of this. My understanding is you can use that post like you would a center post. Thoughts there?

I treat this as part of the apron. So Lazarus rules apply. No nudging to help it back in.

I take the rubbers off all those through posts. Honestly not sure why they are there. Maybe to slow down balls feeding the trough?

#92 3 years ago

Play on. He moved. The game didn’t. You can tell he wanted to move the game though. We’ve discussed this before on tilt forums. I think the consensus was play on.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Exactly. Great description.
    I’m still proud of my death save location GCs. I know all the other goons I dick measure scores with are doing it too so why give them an advantage?

Makes your victory even sweeter and theirs are stuck with a big fat *

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Now moving the game without tilting for a ball that hasn't entered the outlane or SDTM, that's kosher as hell. Because the ball is still in play.

When has a ball entered the outlane? Are wicked shimmy’s allowed?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-deathsaving-considered-cheating?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.