• Latest reply 11 years ago by hAbO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown.jpeg
morons.png
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

People love to post things like 'great price, wish I was closer'. How often would these people actually drop the money if they were within 50 miles? I truly doubt that every person that posts this is in a position to buy. The perceived demand is then artificially increased.

I truly think this is one of the the biggest factors affecting pricing these days. We are our own worst enemies. It's no coincidence that as pinball related internet forums have become more active, prices have gone up. People start hyping a particular pin, and pretty soon everyone wants one. This is what happened with TS, and it's starting to happen with Congo. Heck, the average price of a Congo probably just went up $200 simply because I mentioned it in this thread.

#102 11 years ago

My father purchased a ton of Apple stock in 2005.. a ton.. guess what its worth now.......

same reason why you sit on a good game.. shet goes up.. especially when everyone wants a piece..

there is a lot more things to be worried about than AFM and MM prices.. why isnt anyone else complaining about missing out on stock deals that could have financed every pin in existence....

Get Paid Son

#103 11 years ago

Also worst time to buy is when everyone else wants it - look at TRON LE now. Whereas XM LE is currently easy to pick up because at the moment the perception is mixed.

Had AFM, loved it.

Would like MM but never going to pay going rate when I could have a Predator NIB and a Stern Pro NIB for same price!

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Heck, the average price of a Congo probably just went up $200 simply because I mentioned it in this thread.

Same thing that is happening with Gilligan's Island. Pin is on the rise.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Let's also say that you didn't get your first bj while playing a certain game - so extreme nostalgia pricing is out.

Great synopsis of your thoughts buddy! Above it the best line of the whole thing.

I think one thing that needs to also be factored in is the number of ACTUAL games still available/alive. Many of the popular "A" listers were/are popular on route and by default many have died over the years. I have probably seen 7 MMs on route over the years and all but 1 was completely beat to crap. I have seen probably 10 AFMs on route and most of them were also beat to crap. Heck, the AFM at my local bar in college was so beat that if you hit a floater up to the SOL hole the ball could get held in the hole/divet between the actual SOL hole and the hole protector the OP had made. It was a great way to cheat during a multiball and leave a ball in the divet till you needed it.

#106 11 years ago

AFM is awesome, thats why!! Only 3450 made and its a great game for everyone

Jon

#107 11 years ago

It all comes down to the fact that:

There are people who can comfortably spend 11k on a pinball game.

They won't lose sleep that they spent too much. They don't have to justify it to their spouse. They want it, they buy it, end of story.

=

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

AFM really is the complete package but still, no pin is worth 11K unless I have it for sale... Then it is worth 12K!

How much did you sell yours for?

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Same thing that is happening with Gilligan's Island. Pin is on the rise.

Yes, this pin is truly undervalued!

#110 11 years ago

Very late getting in on this.
I would love to have AFM but looking at my collection I would have to give up like 5 of my B or C games to get one.

I think I would rather have by cheap ass collection than a AFM.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I would love to have AFM but looking at my collection I would have to give up like 5 of my B or C games to get one.

Or just sell your AC/DC and TF ...

#112 11 years ago

I commissioned a HEP AFM and really enjoyed it for a year. Well balanced pin. After owning the trilogy (MM/MB/AFM), decided MB was the only keeper for me. For me, the audio rocks and stacking 5/6 monsters hard. If I'm not playing competitively, it's just a fun pin to whack the ball around.

I have RFM now and actually like it more than AFM (I know I'm in the minority Especially for the money. For me, the depth of the humor is great, the pf artwork is great, and it's something different. PB2K in the home is so much better than in the arcade. True for most pins, I know...

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I commissioned a HEP AFM and really enjoyed it for a year. Well balanced pin. After owning the trilogy (MM/MB/AFM), decided MB was the only keeper for me. For me, the audio rocks and stacking 5/6 monsters hard. If I'm not playing competitively, it's just a fun pin to whack the ball around.
I have RFM now and actually like it more than AFM (I know I'm in the minority Especially for the money. For me, the depth of the humor is great, the pf artwork is great, and it's something different. PB2K in the home is so much better than in the arcade. True for most pins, I know...

Do you not find MB too easy in the home? I have a nice AFM and know someone that has wanted to trade for a MB but I always found it to be a bit of an easy game

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Do you not find MB too easy in the home? I have a nice AFM and know someone that has wanted to trade for a MB but I always found it to be a bit of an easy game

When I first got MB, I thought it was "too easy" until I learned about stacking the monsters (which takes some skill Stacking all 6 is very difficult. I think I've stacked 5 to date a couple times. In terms of difficulty, I don't see a huge difference between MM/MB/AFM, though I haven't really played MM that much...only owned it for 3 months IIRC. Despite others affection for the game, I just didn't "get it" (and didn't find it all that entertaining compared with MB/AFM).

Since I have a fair number of tough playing games (AC/DC premium, TZ, STTNG, JP, Centaur), I like having an easier pin in the lineup. For me, MB is that game...it's entertainment value for me is high (like the theme, tunes, and callouts).

Maybe you should play MB a bit more trying to stack and see what you think.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also worst time to buy is when everyone else wants it - look at TRON LE now. Whereas XM LE is currently easy to pick up because at the moment the perception is mixed.
Had AFM, loved it.
Would like MM but never going to pay going rate when I could have a Predator NIB and a Stern Pro NIB for same price!

Sometimes it's like the saying goes. I prefer quality over quantity. If I only have space for about 5-6 pins why not spend the money if you have it on a really nice proven title as opposed to spending it on 2 unknowns.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Raise your expectations of what you consider a successful game to a Billion points, Big-6 stack, RBB, etc and MB will cease to be 'easy,' particularly if you turn off the gimmee EB's and open the outlanes.

#117 11 years ago

I avoided it because of the artwork. The playfield looked bland to me. Never judge a book by it's cover. After playing it once I was hooked. I traded a TOTAN back for it. It's the most approachable pin for newbies but has something for everyone. Picked it up for $4300 in 2004.

Mike

www.HabosArcade.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

16,500 (OBO)
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-afm-priced-at-11k/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.