(Topic ID: 83550)

Why is a game considered "not dialed in" if a shot goes down the middle?

By tb0ne

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacerRik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Modern games are not intentionally designed so that you plunge the ball, have it go into the pops, then come perfectly centered for a SDTM without ever hitting the ball. And that's certainly not a formula for fun. No one would keep putting quarters into such a game.

Except for AC/DC.... You described AC/DC to a tee!

#10 10 years ago

I do OK on it also. But it does require a little nudge when coming out of the pops or a good percentage of the time it will go STDM. I have to believe that is what Steve Ritchie designed it to do.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

My AC/DC rarely drains SDTM when coming out of the pops. I'd say it happens maybe one in every 30 times.

My AC/DC never drains STDM coming out of the pops - when I am playing it. That is because I have learned to nudge it every time and I don't think I could not nudge it without trying very hard! I only notice the STDMs when friends play my game. Kinda rough on them!

I also nudge when I don't get a clean shot up the left ramp or else it rockets STDM also when it comes back down the ramp. And I nudge when I make a clockwise orbit or else the ball tags the right slingshot before getting to the flipper. And I nudge when the ball is going for the right outlane hidden behind the camera.

I have the tilt bob set pretty tight, so all these nudges have to be quick but gentle or you get a warning or actually tilt. And once you get a warning, you gotta be that much more careful until the next ball. I love this game and I think all the nudging is just part of it making me a better player.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacerRik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-a-game-considered-not-dialed-in-if-a-shot-goes-down-the-middle?tu=RacerRik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.