Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-1.jpeg
    limaWatermelon.jpg
    cartman.jpeg
    RSN.jpg
    crack2.jpg
    crack1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 12 years ago

The switch stuff could have happened from the jostling in transit. I have seen my friend's NIB IM come from the factory with minor switch problems that required soldering. You will always have switches, mechs, flippers, and coils to fix on a pin. NIB, HUO, HEP, whatever, that is just the nature of the beast.

The playfield crack is the million dollar question, and different all together. I don't know or have any good answers. I would guess your options are:

1. Send the game back, get another one. I don't know if shipping was involved, but that is a lot of money if it was. Have no idea the cost/loss on this option. Price Guess: 400-1000 bucks. (Not counting that Cointaker/Stern would have to sell it as a floor machine. So that might be something they might not consider.)

2. Send you a new playfield and have somebody replace it for you. Probably would probably void any future warranties. Price Guess: 1700 - 2000 bucks. Sorry,not a viable option.

3. Partial refund? Depends if you can live with the crack. (Probably the solution Cointaker/Stern would be the most open to)

I am sure there are some options I could have missed.

Just curious, what options have been discussed between you and them? They are probably silent as they do not know how to handle it.

I wish you well and best of luck.

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

For the record, I definitely don't expect Stern to give me a NIB, that's ridiculous.

That's why I think they did not get back to you right away as they were probably discussing what would be fair restitution.

Curious how they want to handle it. Easiest solution is a partial refund, but I don't know if that is a good solution as you would still have a crack in the playfield.

Unless I missed it somewhere in one of your posts, how can they make this right for you?

Wish you luck, curious on how this turns out.

#68 12 years ago
    Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

The easiest thing, as someone suggested, would be to have Stern send me a pre-populated playfield, and then I send my populated playfield back to Stern. I have LED's from Cointaker in mine, so it's gonna cost me hours to swap those, but at least if it's populated I wouldn't have to do a complete playfield swap. That's the ideal at least.

That might be something they would be willing to do. Hope it works for you, keep us posted.

#85 12 years ago

I just read the thread for the pics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-may-never-buy-nib-stern-again?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.