• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180421_223740 (resized).jpg
maidn (resized).jpg
8993FC75-D4C4-47DE-B5AD-178074EE2EEA (resized).jpeg
iron-maiden-i-hate-them-after-they-ripped-of-children-of-bodoms-song-the-trooper (resized).jpg
E97D6D27-C25F-45EF-AD6A-29EF697920B4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I hate Iron Maiden.
There. I said it.

When the band surged in the early 80's it was nothing but disgust!
Im in my early 20's in New York, No clubs play Rock, and my choices were Disco, Leisure suits, and the Bee Gees,
or Punk Rock.
Sure, the Hot girls were at Discos, but there were plenty to shoot for at Billy Idol Concerts, Police, the Clash, etc.
Much easier to shoot for that unique and special short term relationship.
At a Rock concert, Didnt see to many ladies then at Iron Maiden, Rush, etc. and it just wasnt me.

I hate Iron Maiden.

I dont know the name of a single song. When I played today, and heard the call out to spell Eddie, I could only think of Eddie Munster!
I expected to hate the game too.

But Guys, I was blown out of my Shorts!
We played Houdini, Dialed in, and GOTG, at the Lounge, and Iron Maiden was so well orchestrated, lighting, and stunning new graphics!
It sucked me into an adrenaline rush, to keep playing, even though musically, its all new to me.

The shots and ramps were smooth, fast, and insanely rewarding. Everything about the game, is a winner and a thrill. It simply Rocks!
(Even if I hate Iron Maiden!)

I love the pin!!! Now, I have to learn the songs as Ive never heard them....what a sensation!
Can you imagine just discovering them?

Gotta say, even with Batman and Star Wars in the row, this is one Sweet Game!, and Towers over the others with its Magic integration of all senses.

Shit, now I want one....

I hate Iron Maiden, sigh.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You hate a band because there were not many girls at the concert you saw?
That is neither reasonable nor rational and I doubt it Art. Be honest about your reason for hating a group of musicians that have been making a living together for over 40 years.

Im simplifying it, I hope.

In college, the T-shirts worn, or Disco outfits, gave an idea on where to meet the ladies in the college world.
Manhattan, its own scene.
I worked at the Meadowlands, Shea Stadium, Yankee Stadium, and the Nassau Colosseum, Hundreds of shows under my belt.

My Musical Taste, and my Taste in Ladies, at that time, didnt relate to metal.
My younger brothers, Both into Rush through the 80s.

So, from the mind of a 20 year old, "Hate" would have been used in 1980, as a "word", that an immature teen would use.

I cant help my taste in women, and I couldnt Disco Dance....Leisure suits in Polyester with Platform shoes wasnt it.

Of course, I recognize how it looks today, and it is that irony, I was hoping to share......
Just my Journey.....we all have different ones in Music, and experiences.....

#26 6 years ago

OK,this sucks....I know I am in trouble when I start dreaming about a pinball machine.

All night I am hearing Iron Maiden Songs....Stuff I only recall hearing yesterday for the first time.
I get why they have a huge fan base. I can understand how this would have grabbed me when I was younger.
I dont think Id listen to any yet in the car, but my dreams were haunted by this game!!

Not by the play, or anything specific, but the entire integration! Love the Graphics!
I played all night long in my sleep, and thats not a good sign to my wife, about another pin!

Heres how I am seeing it this morning.

Metallica...Great Pin with Music to play Pinball to.
Aerosmith....Good Pin, but the Music isnt integrated like AC/DC or as driving as Iron Maiden.
AC/DC.....Great Pin with Music seamlessly integrated into game play. The Songs, and Goals, are mirrored in Gameplay.
Iron Maiden Great Pin with the Music Driving the game. It pushes you while you play. It sets the mood and carries it through
the whole game.

So for someone who knew none of these bands as in a "fan" (sans Aero), Iron Maiden has grabbed hold of me, much like AC/DC.

Sure, those who havent played, might knock the theme, but I hope, like me, that if you let the music in, youll find
it insanely well done, even if its simply background.

The game has something special going.

In another way, GOTG is 2 flippers, ST, and many are 3....but the fourth flipper and shots make this soar above GOTG, which a great theme, and fun game,
but not the adrenaline rush from Iron Maiden.

For me, Ive changed the Station.

#28 6 years ago

I havent read the threads on Guesses for the Premium/LE, but Im thinking that the Pyramid in the Back will have a full plastic tomb, and open up to match the graphics. A solid figure of Eddie on right. Others with me guessed a lower Playfield.
Ill wait for pics, but is there any consensus on whats in the Premium?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-hate-iron-maiden?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.