• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180421_223740 (resized).jpg
maidn (resized).jpg
8993FC75-D4C4-47DE-B5AD-178074EE2EEA (resized).jpeg
iron-maiden-i-hate-them-after-they-ripped-of-children-of-bodoms-song-the-trooper (resized).jpg
E97D6D27-C25F-45EF-AD6A-29EF697920B4 (resized).jpeg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Iron Maiden? IKR.

Truth be told...
I had this poster on my wall while in elementary school. Really looking forward to seeing this pin and what it does to the community regarding the tittle and plAyfield. 8993FC75-D4C4-47DE-B5AD-178074EE2EEA (resized).jpeg8993FC75-D4C4-47DE-B5AD-178074EE2EEA (resized).jpeg

#52 5 years ago

Great thread OLDPINGUY,
So cool that you have pinball dreams
Wish I could

Very happy there is a positive vibe around this title, It certainly is a nice change.

I was fortunate to be in my teens during the 80's and Iron Maiden's Number of the beast was the first cassette tape I purchased when I was 15

I grew up with Australian 80's rock with awesome bands like The Angels, Midnight Oil, Rose Tattoo, AC/DC, The Radiators and so on. These were great times the music was brilliant and life was more simple back then.

Maiden was always hard and energetic and the band that eased me into the Metal scene of the 90's
I vaguely remember Maidens appearance at a shopping center in western Sydney to promote their new album.
Have been very fortunate to see them in concert 3 times. They just put on an epic show !

The wonderful thing about Maiden is they are story tellers through their music and without a doubt some worthy talent in this classic band with some great albums.

Just for the record, Maiden is classed as Hard Rock.

So happy that no one has to be a huge fan of the band to enjoy the pinball.
Brilliant that Keith and the team have created something special.

Enjoy your games everyone

I can't wait for IMDN LE 86 to be set up beside my METLE 86

Up the Irons !

Ando

Long hair and tight jeans ah the 80's

maidn (resized).jpgmaidn (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Great thread OLDPINGUY,
So cool that you have pinball dreams
Wish I could
Very happy there is a positive vibe around this title, It certainly is a nice change.
I was fortunate to be in my teens during the 80's and Iron Maiden's Number of the beast was the first cassette tape I purchased when I was 15
I grew up with Australian 80's rock with awesome bands like The Angels, Midnight Oil, Rose Tattoo, AC/DC, The Radiators and so on. These were great times the music was brilliant and life was more simple back then.
Maiden was always hard and energetic and the band that eased me into the Metal scene of the 90's
I vaguely remember Maidens appearance at a shopping center in western Sydney to promote their new album.
Have been very fortunate to see them in concert 3 times. They just put on an epic show !
The wonderful thing about Maiden is they are story tellers through their music and without a doubt some worthy talent in this classic band with some great albums.
Just for the record, Maiden is classed as Hard Rock.
Brilliant that Keith and the team have created something special.
Enjoy your games everyone
I can't wait for IMDN LE 86 to be set up beside my METLE 86
Up the Irons !
Ando
Long hair and tight jeans ah the 80's

Great Post! I also have METLE and IMDNLE coming. not matching numbers though! too cool! they will be amazing side by side!

#54 5 years ago

Son of a bitch... I played a bunch of games on Iron Maiden this afternoon. And I'm pissed off that I really liked it a LOT. The freaking shots are awesome.

#55 5 years ago

GD this game - so much hype and it looks so good. I hate IM too but I have to play this game I think. Closest place near pittsburgh?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

GD this game - so much hype and it looks so good. I hate IM too but I have to play this game I think. Closest place near pittsburgh?

Check pinballmap.com or the IFPA calender. Release tournaments are the weekend of May 4-6.
#SternArmy

#57 5 years ago

Delete. Wrong thread

20180421_223740 (resized).jpg20180421_223740 (resized).jpg

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

You just NOW got your I500? You fisherman are admirably patient.

Honestly I've been out of pinball for about four years, so I wasn't really buying anything.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Honestly I've been out of pinball for about four years, so I wasn't really buying anything.

Out of pinball , you where gonefishin ?

#60 5 years ago

Got to play one tonight and all I can say is its shoots outstanding. We only got to play three games each and our average score were around 100mil.

Except for the wifey that cranked up 185mil but had 170mil on her first ball.

Love the game in every way except for the fact of zero playfield toys.

I know now I am defiantly waiting for the Prem/Le even though I know its not going to be loaded with "stuff" .

Two lift ramps, a sarcophagus that moves , some RGB leds and a subway system will make i huge difference in my mind. It just needs some mechanic ability to make the game over the top.

I would love to have a pro if I knew that a Prem was not being made ( sort of makes me feel its a Stern sales tactic to sell more pros now more than ever. ) But after last night I can surely say a Prem is for me in our household.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Honestly I've been out of pinball for about four years,

Welcome back GFLM!
(You haven’t missed much. )

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I don’t know how this statement is based on.
Anyway, happy for Maiden and pinball fans that an IM pinball is out.
For myself, I effectively hope a re-theme of this layout as Stern did it for GOTG in few years.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I don’t know how this statement is based on.
Anyway, happy for Maiden and pinball fans that an IM pinball is out.
For myself, I effectively hope a re-theme of this layout as Stern did it for GOTG in few years.

That could happen in time maybe or at least something similar but it would be a ways down the road i am sure. It also probably wouldn't be an exact playfield layout either.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Been listenin to that Ryan Adams all morning. Wasn't being hyperbolic about da goosebumps...thats how I can tell when I'm hearing something REALLY special. Doesn't happen very often, but boy, when it does...spine tingling.
Thanks Mike!!!

gotta ask..what do u think about dax riggs?! Dunno why im askin in this thread!

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Out of pinball , you where gonefishin ?

Actually, yes. I got into offshore fishing. If you think pinball is a money-sucking hobby, try chasing tuna and billfish. Recently sold a house and came away with a little money, so I was able to pay off my boat and have a little left over for pinball.

"You are the master of... deep sea fishing!"

#66 5 years ago

Back to IM... They have two songs that I like, and Run to the Hills is not one of them. For me to drop thousands of dollars into a NIB it has to be a great pin AND have a great theme, and IM just doesn't do it for me. It would remind me of playing Carmageddon, where the soundtrack got annoying after a while. Fortunately I have a couple of friends that are getting them, so I'll play theirs.

Now if they ever make a Pink Floyd I'm selling a kidney.

#67 5 years ago

Yes...best out of box Stern in many years.
Tons of side to side orbit action type shots - very unique.

You can tell this game has the design and ideas of someone new.
IKIT (In Keith I trust )

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you like other bands that have two or more lead guitars you'll probably like Iron Maiden.
Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Megadeth, AC/DC. Dozens of other examples.

You can go back further than that. Fleetwood Mac started the twin lead guitars back in about '68. Wishbone Ash was the first group to really use harmonizing twin leads. Metal guys might not like Mac, but WA pretty much laid the template for what could be done with twin leads for the metal groups who followed.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

gotta ask..what do u think about dax riggs?! Dunno why im askin in this thread!

I like Acid Bath, but some of their stuff is just too slow for me. Love his vocals though.

#70 5 years ago

Got a chance to play IMDN today. 10 or so games, including a couple of 160M games and a 230M game. Game play, layout, and code is friggin' awesome. Game shots reminds me of a cross between TZ and Metallica, and during the 230M game with multiple multiballs and trying to use all 4 flippers for shots....man, that was almost a workout!!!

Iron Maiden fans, here is your grail pin.....enjoy it!! Never been a Maiden fan, although at least with the song choice I can put it on Trooper or Run to the Hills and stand it. Unfortunately for me with it's theme and artwork I'll never buy one for home, just not family friendly. If Stern ever rethemes it I will be all onboard with one!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-hate-iron-maiden/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.