• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180421_223740 (resized).jpg
maidn (resized).jpg
8993FC75-D4C4-47DE-B5AD-178074EE2EEA (resized).jpeg
iron-maiden-i-hate-them-after-they-ripped-of-children-of-bodoms-song-the-trooper (resized).jpg
E97D6D27-C25F-45EF-AD6A-29EF697920B4 (resized).jpeg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I hate Iron Maiden.
There. I said it.

When the band surged in the early 80's it was nothing but disgust!
Im in my early 20's in New York, No clubs play Rock, and my choices were Disco, Leisure suits, and the Bee Gees,
or Punk Rock.
Sure, the Hot girls were at Discos, but there were plenty to shoot for at Billy Idol Concerts, Police, the Clash, etc.
Much easier to shoot for that unique and special short term relationship.
At a Rock concert, Didnt see to many ladies then at Iron Maiden, Rush, etc. and it just wasnt me.

I hate Iron Maiden.

I dont know the name of a single song. When I played today, and heard the call out to spell Eddie, I could only think of Eddie Munster!
I expected to hate the game too.

But Guys, I was blown out of my Shorts!
We played Houdini, Dialed in, and GOTG, at the Lounge, and Iron Maiden was so well orchestrated, lighting, and stunning new graphics!
It sucked me into an adrenaline rush, to keep playing, even though musically, its all new to me.

The shots and ramps were smooth, fast, and insanely rewarding. Everything about the game, is a winner and a thrill. It simply Rocks!
(Even if I hate Iron Maiden!)

I love the pin!!! Now, I have to learn the songs as Ive never heard them....what a sensation!
Can you imagine just discovering them?

Gotta say, even with Batman and Star Wars in the row, this is one Sweet Game!, and Towers over the others with its Magic integration of all senses.

Shit, now I want one....

I hate Iron Maiden, sigh.

#2 5 years ago

And that’s only the Pro model!

#3 5 years ago

I'll get to play it tomorrow at Zapcon !
I to hate Maiden can't name a single song .
I'm looking forward to having a similar experience.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I hate Iron Maiden.
I dont know the name of a single song.

Neat!

#5 5 years ago

I to have never been a fan of there music. Really would like to try this pin soon really like the art and layout

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thay have a song called Iron Maiden, it was off their first album also called Iron Maiden.
Hope that helps.

#7 5 years ago

'hate' is such a strong word

#8 5 years ago

I don't like Maiden that much either. But LOVE Eddie artwork, always have... The game looks beautiful artistically and doesn't appear to have a single band member pictured. After seeing the original DeadFlip live stream I plunked down $9k for an LE. As I'm sure a TON of others went out and bought machines after watching, they saw this game looks to be VERY special.

I like metal so I'm sure the music will grow on me... If not I will edit it out with my own music....... or wait for Cleland.

IF the game is as good as everyone is raving about the music really won't matter..... imo

#9 5 years ago

gonna hate cause its gonna cost us all!
game looks friggin killer. gotta get my @ss to sunshine laundromat to play the darn thing!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I hate Iron Maiden.
There. I said it.
When the band surged in the early 80's it was nothing but disgust!
Im in my early 20's in New York, No clubs play Rock, and my choices were Disco, Leisure suits, and the Bee Gees,
or Punk Rock.
Sure, the Hot girls were at Discos, but there were plenty to shoot for at Billy Idol Concerts, Police, the Clash, etc.
Much easier to shoot for that unique and special short term relationship.
At a Rock concert, Didnt see to many ladies then at Iron Maiden, Rush, etc. and it just wasnt me.
I hate Iron Maiden.
(Even if I hate Iron Maiden!)
I hate Iron Maiden, sigh.

You hate a band because there were not many girls at the concert you saw?
That is neither reasonable nor rational and I doubt it Art. Be honest about your reason for hating a group of musicians that have been making a living together for over 40 years.

#11 5 years ago

I only know 2of the songs . The game is awesome.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You hate a band because there were not many girls at the concert you saw?
That is neither reasonable nor rational and I doubt it Art. Be honest about your reason for hating a group of musicians that have been making a living together for over 40 years.

Im simplifying it, I hope.

In college, the T-shirts worn, or Disco outfits, gave an idea on where to meet the ladies in the college world.
Manhattan, its own scene.
I worked at the Meadowlands, Shea Stadium, Yankee Stadium, and the Nassau Colosseum, Hundreds of shows under my belt.

My Musical Taste, and my Taste in Ladies, at that time, didnt relate to metal.
My younger brothers, Both into Rush through the 80s.

So, from the mind of a 20 year old, "Hate" would have been used in 1980, as a "word", that an immature teen would use.

I cant help my taste in women, and I couldnt Disco Dance....Leisure suits in Polyester with Platform shoes wasnt it.

Of course, I recognize how it looks today, and it is that irony, I was hoping to share......
Just my Journey.....we all have different ones in Music, and experiences.....

#13 5 years ago

i love iron maiden and i love the pin

#14 5 years ago

Very interesting to see people LOVING a type of group or music in hope to meet girls. I always been around girls and very comfortable around them and yes I'm a cool guy to hang around cause I have a twisted sense of humor. But never once in my life I said to myself.....oh let's go see that group or listen to that band to meet girls. Even in lonely period, desperate times and in a mood to meet a good girl. So weird to hear this. Like pretending to be someone i'm not. Cheating myself by lying to me and maybe a future ladie friend. Let's start dating based on a lie from the very beginning hahaha. Of course I never met my girlfriends in a Maiden concert but that was my time for myself and my friends. Music and bands have and will always be about me and how I feel and what I like.

All that love hate about that maiden themed pin makes me realise even today that some people taste are more based about how to play it safe in life and have the numbers on your side instead of just choosing for yourself and be passionate and confortable about who you are in life and true to yourself.

Don't be shy to say to the world : I love Iron Maiden pinball and I don't care about what all you trending fashion statement guys think. Don't judge me.......love me hahahahaha

So I love maiden and will always.......guilty.

Now can we get these LE Premiums pictures so I can choose which model i'm buying.

#15 5 years ago

Played it at mgc, what a great game. Really guys. Find one, play it.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

gonna hate cause its gonna cost us all!
game looks friggin killer. gotta get my @ss to sunshine laundromat to play the darn thing!

update:
rock fantasy in middletown just got one today.
gonna check it out tomorrow gonna be a long line.

#17 5 years ago

"Cause at 5 o' clock thet take me to the gallows pole. The sands of time for me are runnning loooooooooooooow, ahhhhhhhh yeaahhh!" Hallowed my favorite track.

Always been a maiden fan so this pin is a real special treat when Im out on location. Glad you were able to discover this pin and band.

#18 5 years ago

When I saw Dave Gilmour in Chicago a couple years ago, it had to be at least 99% dudes. They even converted a women's bathroom to a guy's bathroom at one point to accommodate.

But anyway, back to Iron Maiden. Without cheating, I could only name Run to the Hills. I played the game at MGC and liked it. If I was an Iron Maiden fan, it would be a no-brainer.

#19 5 years ago

Iron Maiden had some good album cover art.. Can't remember a song from them.

#20 5 years ago

I betcha Ryan Adams is buying one!

#21 5 years ago

Art Vandelay I presume?
I'm coming down there to slap ya cross the face with every different religions bible on yer shelf which I'm guessin is like 30 or more.

#22 5 years ago

Holy shit Mike that just gave me da goosebumps. Wow.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

» YouTube video

Damn thats good!
Ill take a Ryan Adams premium please

#24 5 years ago

Haha just caught he's wearin Vision Street Wear high tops. Had a grey and black leopard style set in 88. Man those shoes got me laid bigly time. Ladies loved em. Don't think at 43 they'd have same effect....

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man those shoes got me laid bigly time. Ladies loved em.

All I see is fear when the ladies get a look at my shoes.

#26 5 years ago

OK,this sucks....I know I am in trouble when I start dreaming about a pinball machine.

All night I am hearing Iron Maiden Songs....Stuff I only recall hearing yesterday for the first time.
I get why they have a huge fan base. I can understand how this would have grabbed me when I was younger.
I dont think Id listen to any yet in the car, but my dreams were haunted by this game!!

Not by the play, or anything specific, but the entire integration! Love the Graphics!
I played all night long in my sleep, and thats not a good sign to my wife, about another pin!

Heres how I am seeing it this morning.

Metallica...Great Pin with Music to play Pinball to.
Aerosmith....Good Pin, but the Music isnt integrated like AC/DC or as driving as Iron Maiden.
AC/DC.....Great Pin with Music seamlessly integrated into game play. The Songs, and Goals, are mirrored in Gameplay.
Iron Maiden Great Pin with the Music Driving the game. It pushes you while you play. It sets the mood and carries it through
the whole game.

So for someone who knew none of these bands as in a "fan" (sans Aero), Iron Maiden has grabbed hold of me, much like AC/DC.

Sure, those who havent played, might knock the theme, but I hope, like me, that if you let the music in, youll find
it insanely well done, even if its simply background.

The game has something special going.

In another way, GOTG is 2 flippers, ST, and many are 3....but the fourth flipper and shots make this soar above GOTG, which a great theme, and fun game,
but not the adrenaline rush from Iron Maiden.

For me, Ive changed the Station.

#27 5 years ago

Can't wait to see it up close and play it. Going to try it today. Maiden is one of my top bands that I like and have seen more than 20 times. Looks like I might be getting one.

#28 5 years ago

I havent read the threads on Guesses for the Premium/LE, but Im thinking that the Pyramid in the Back will have a full plastic tomb, and open up to match the graphics. A solid figure of Eddie on right. Others with me guessed a lower Playfield.
Ill wait for pics, but is there any consensus on whats in the Premium?

#29 5 years ago

Been listenin to that Ryan Adams all morning. Wasn't being hyperbolic about da goosebumps...thats how I can tell when I'm hearing something REALLY special. Doesn't happen very often, but boy, when it does...spine tingling.
Thanks Mike!!!

#30 5 years ago

I haven't listened to much Iron Maiden in over 30 years so I really have no love or hate for them at all.

But I do love the fact they keep releasing pinball machines that don't tempt me to spend my hard earned money on.

#31 5 years ago

I love Iron Maiden and I've never played or seen one. Why? I just picked up a really nice ES and the I500 that I have been coveting forever from guys who dumped them to buy IM.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't listened to much Iron Maiden in over 30 years so I really have no love or hate for them at all.
But I do love the fact they keep releasing pinball machines that don't tempt me to spend my hard earned money on.

Lol!

Hard to get all planets aligned.
I really can’t stand this music, just agressive noise for me. But I easily admit I’m jealous of IM fans (as ALice cooper fans) as the layout looks great and smooth to shoot.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

» YouTube video

Yeah but can he play "Cuts Like a Knife"?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Yeah but can he play "Cuts Like a Knife"?

Maybe not, but he has played "Summer of 69"

https://www.spin.com/2015/04/ryan-adams-bryan-adams-summer-of-69-cover/

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wasn't being hyperbolic about da goosebumps

http://www.classicfm.com/music-news/music-gives-goosebumps/
I get them too - usually listening to Maiden. Empire of the Clouds gets me everytime.
We are wired differently my friend.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Lol!
Hard to get all planets aligned.
I really can’t stand this music, just agressive noise for me. But I easily admit I’m jealous of IM fans (as ALice cooper fans) as the layout looks great and smooth to shoot.

Aggressive noise lolol. If you think Maidens music is “aggressive and noisy” I would love to see a reaction video of you listening to something actually heavy like sayyyyy....Job For a Cowboy, Dying Fetus, or even some Slayer lol. Lol

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I really can’t stand this music, just agressive noise for me.

E97D6D27-C25F-45EF-AD6A-29EF697920B4 (resized).jpegE97D6D27-C25F-45EF-AD6A-29EF697920B4 (resized).jpeg

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Can you imagine just discovering them?

I'm gonna have to, because I don't know but one Maiden song.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

http://www.classicfm.com/music-news/music-gives-goosebumps/
I get them too - usually listening to Maiden. Empire of the Clouds gets me everytime.
We are wired differently my friend.

I get goosebumps listening to Rime Of The Ancient Mariner pretty much every time as the guitars and drums are building up right after the creepy bass guitar, and ominous guitars sounding like some ships fog horns in the middle part where the ship is creeking. All the guitars, drums and everythimg comes back in and they hit that A chord perfectly in time with the buildup! Shit is rocking again and BOOM!!! Goosebumps lol. The harmonizing guitar parts in this WHOLE song are pure genius. Iron Maiden is king of guitar harmonizing.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Give them a serious chance. The guitar parts are some amazing stuff. The tempo changes that Iron Maiden implements and the sheer amount of different riffs you will hear in some of their longer songs. 10 min songs are pretty common for Iron Maiden. Heck I think Empire Of The Clouds is like 16 min long!!! They have more creative riffs and tempo changes in ONE SONG than a lot of bands can’t even compete with on a whole album... Seriously. Bruce takes some getting used to if your not used to the “epic” singing/opera style of metal. He’s a great storyteller and imagery creator in his delivery. Just my opinion.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

'hate' is such a strong word

'honesty' is such a lonely word.

#42 5 years ago

Just played 2 games 138 million 2nd game ...
WOW !!!!
really fun fast never even hit the left ramp through the pops , but Damn !

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Give them a serious chance. The guitar parts are some amazing stuff.

If you like other bands that have two or more lead guitars you'll probably like Iron Maiden.
Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Megadeth, AC/DC. Dozens of other examples.

#44 5 years ago

Iron Maiden looks amazing. Cannot wait to play it! But that said....Stern has never made a bad game...there is no such thing as a bad pinball game IMO..... just better games than others.

This table looks very good but its all down to who programs it. You can have an amazing game with crap rules and shortly the game will not be played because of it.

Did I mention I cannot wait to play one! Gonna be tough to knock Acdc and Metallica off the best band pins based on play alone though. but I hope they pull it off.
Better games all around for everyone...the future is looking bright in pinball.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I love Iron Maiden and I've never played or seen one. Why? I just picked up a really nice ES and the I500 that I have been coveting forever from guys who dumped them to buy IM.

You just NOW got your I500? You fisherman are admirably patient.

#46 5 years ago

I don't really care for Maiden either, but I love the pin.

#47 5 years ago

iron-maiden-i-hate-them-after-they-ripped-of-children-of-bodoms-song-the-trooper (resized).jpgiron-maiden-i-hate-them-after-they-ripped-of-children-of-bodoms-song-the-trooper (resized).jpg

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Aggressive noise lolol. If you think Maidens music is “aggressive and noisy” I would love to see a reaction video of you listening to something actually heavy like sayyyyy....Job For a Cowboy, Dying Fetus, or even some Slayer lol. Lol

I guess if IM sounds like noise for me, no need to try these bands (that I’ve never heard), correct?
Musically, my limit is rock style...hard rock is already too much noisy even if I can love songs, depending of the melody.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

» YouTube video

I know he catches a lot of shit but the dude is incredibly talented.

#50 5 years ago

Iron Maiden? IKR.
PRIMUS SUCKS!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-hate-iron-maiden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.