(Topic ID: 188515)

Why I feel Pinball Prices Are Going To Plummet...

By g0nz0

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will Pinball Prices Drop Hard Over The Next Ten Years?”

• Definitely 137 votes
      19%
    • Not a Chance 283 votes
      39%
    • The Future Is Uncertain 298 votes
      42%

(718 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bounce (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    500 Hats (resized).png
    trading-places-copylab (resized).png
    crystalball.gif
    std160 (resized).jpg
    20994163_508473359495199_2732693749596596543_n.jpg
    Understanding Market Prices.jpg
    IMG_0547 (resized).JPG
    18555879_1539155196115105_149888256188700266_n (resized).jpg
    18491740_462302524112283_6063571034552307319_o (resized).jpg
    lAhV1U3MCBPhu.gif
    20170502_171951 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205752 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205820 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superbee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#331 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I do sometimes wonder how some of you have enough money to buy pins when you can't even capitalize, use punctuation or use the correct your/you're or their/there/they're.

200w (resized).png200w (resized).png

#334 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Read your first sentence.

How is he throwing stones when he then wrote this ..

Quoted from TRAMD:

. I paid over $9000 for it and maybe I won't make my money back but I don't care because I bought it for fun, not as an investment.

#336 6 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

By our teens the fighting games were becoming top dogs around here, besides pins. Mrs. Pac-Man maybe, but she blew Pac-Man out of the water and it was almost impossible to find and actual PM.

I agree, but in my day (im a child of the 80`s) , only chicks played Mrs Pacman.

#364 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

.I kick back on xbox all day with a cold beer and buy pins with my wife's commission checks...

Epic !!!

#374 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

It's reality, with joysticks,

I play with my joystick almost daily...

#375 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmicjim:

I think his arguments have merit, but I don't completely agree either.

I totally agree !!

#376 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmicjim:

I also think the least desirable dmds could sink some.

Can someone say WWF ?

#381 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I've got kubota in my backyard somewhere...but nobody pays me to play with it

I hear ya ! I got my wife in the backyard somewhere also. And no one plays with her either !

#386 6 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I don't know if prices will continue to skyrocket, climb slowly, hold steady, fall slowly, or crash. But I'll go on the record as saying that I'm hoping for a big, fat CRASH!! When you're currently a looker instead of owner, you definitely shouldn't be on the side of the owners. Lord knows that they're not going to come down for you just to be nice.

Maybe you should find a hobby that you can afford ? Just sayin....

#390 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

"Most" people can afford this hobby.....but not if you're only interested in A-listers or NIBs.

I agree. Lots of affordable pins out there beyond A list but thats not what he/she said.

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Uh, no. Not even close. Need to sell about 100,000 more games in a year to be even remotely close, like 10x what they're probably selling now. Only thing that's increased is home ownership.

I was thinking the same thing.....

#441 6 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

But in the end, I just assume pinball is like most hobbies for people with not much extra money laying around. Start small and slow. Then over time grow, meet people, get some deals, and simply enjoy what you are doing

Please refrain from making so much sense please!! That is not an acceptable attitude in the thread!!

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Keep that up sparky, because sarcasm usually works out really well for people in online forums.

Are you being sarcastic ?

#460 6 years ago

I think that the price of nib pins are what is partially to blame for the driving up the value of older machines (especially 90s bally/williams titles). A nice $6000.00 Adams Family or TZ doesn't seem all that out of line when a nib can run you over 10 grand.

#590 6 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Thanks man. I love it. And you might not believe this but I really did start this topic to share my opinion and get other opinions. I didnt expect so many to attack me and I retaliated. And Im sure people probably hate me but honestly Im a nice guy who brought up a sore subject and became a target. It was my mistake and hell I tried to delete it but I guess the mod was enjoying the back and forth.

So if I personally insulted you by disagreeing with ya. My bad. Nothing personal.

Hopefully in another topic we can agree and along. Thanks for the kind words. I haven't seen many in the past 24 hours lol

I honestly think that you have been pretty decent and polite through all this. Some others, not soo much. You were just stating an opinion, not a fact and got ripped for it although i do see why many are very tired of this type of thread. Move on and enjoy the many many things that Pinside offers. Lots of fantastic people in here.

#604 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

We're gonna need some pics asap

+1

#636 6 years ago

I can't believe this thread is still going!!!

#642 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

It would have stopped two hours ago if you hadn't just posted.

Yeah, sure it would have !! lol

#644 6 years ago

Do you think this is going to make it to 1000 posts ? ...

#645 6 years ago

I think we should start a new thread based purely on pissing matches. No holds barred. Everyone just piss all over everyone elses thoughts and ideas. Throw it in the basement where all the negative crap can fester. Could be fun no ?

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#647 6 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

These are the kind of threads that take the fun out of this hobby. Thanks gonzo.

Sorry, but totally not his fault.

#650 6 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Thank you for replying, you made my night. I was seriously sitting here earlier thinking to myself "does nobody really see how slammed I got first and see why I got angry those times. Do they not realize my post is just a theory, not a fact".

You gave me hope again!

All good...You did no wrong. Regardless of what others might say. Last time i looked it was Pinside FORUM . Thats right, i said it ... FORUM guys !

#651 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Literally lot's of stuff:

PWM driven flippers

Magnetic ghostbuster slingshots

Fiber optic lighting on TRON LE ramps.

Motorized moving bridges

Peak-a-boo beaded curtains in playboy

BUSTED !!!!!!

#662 6 years ago

Really.... Still going ? ....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superbee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-feel-pinball-prices-are-going-to-plummet?tu=superbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.