(Topic ID: 188515)

Why I feel Pinball Prices Are Going To Plummet...

By g0nz0

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will Pinball Prices Drop Hard Over The Next Ten Years?”

• Definitely 137 votes
      19%
    • Not a Chance 283 votes
      39%
    • The Future Is Uncertain 298 votes
      42%

(718 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bounce (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    500 Hats (resized).png
    trading-places-copylab (resized).png
    crystalball.gif
    std160 (resized).jpg
    20994163_508473359495199_2732693749596596543_n.jpg
    Understanding Market Prices.jpg
    IMG_0547 (resized).JPG
    18555879_1539155196115105_149888256188700266_n (resized).jpg
    18491740_462302524112283_6063571034552307319_o (resized).jpg
    lAhV1U3MCBPhu.gif
    20170502_171951 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205752 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205820 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#580 6 years ago

I will clear it up for you. The pins that are the most fun to most people are the ones that went up in price the most. See how that works? No economic event or some other nonsense is going to change what machines most people enjoy. There are always new people getting in to the hobby and there are just not enough machines to go around and satisfy all those new to playing pins and owning a few games. The hardest games to find for sale right now are good titles in the 1500-2000 range. The reason is because most people that are entering the hobby are ok with spending that much and there are simply no great games left to fix up and sell in that range. I can't remember the last time I saw a great game listed for 1500. You see how all that just keeps pumping the prices of so-so games up and up? If not, it's ok. In 100 years no one will give a crap any way.

#641 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmicjim:

Stadium Events. DreamTR has one of the largest (unique titles) if not the largest video game collections in the world, unless he's sold some off or let people catch up to him.

Yup. I've bought a few things from him that are in my collection over the last 15 years.

5 months later
    #780 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Seems like we may have finally reached a tipping point based upon the listings I've seen lately...

Yeah, post some links. I hate it when people make posts like this and don't give examples. The games listed near me that I wanted to buy in the last few months have sold in 10 minutes.

#788 6 years ago

The only one I agree with is that the GOT prem. is a great deal... possibly RZ but ugh, I dislike that one enough to still not buy it.

The others look about right to me and have been at those prices for a while.

I mean, the time of buying NIB games and selling it down the road for more $ when the game is no longer available ended when the prices got so high that the resale value is so much less. That has little to do with a lot of people in this hobby. The majority of people in my circle of pinball friends have a new Stern here and there but 70% of all titles among all my friend's machines are still older than the year 1999.

Those 80's and 90's games seem to be getting closer and closer to the price where I saw restored examples of them sell for the same price 5-6 years ago. Crazy.

If they've reached a point where they start going back down, I'm ready to buy the 2 or 3 that always eluded me. If not, I don't really care if prices on the classics go up or stay the same because I've obtained just about every pin I ever wanted and it was because those titles are the ones I like to play, not because they will gain or lose value in the pinball market.

The majority of my friends and other I compete with feel the same and don't really care what a game is "worth" to resell. It's much more important that the game is reliable and fun at that moment that we are playing it.

#870 6 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

like System 11. I think their value will fall, especially since they are being remade.

Wait, B/W and system 11's are being remade... You mean the play fields and plastics, right? I don't follow the logic in stating that having readily available replacements parts will make those game worth less. I've found that exactly the opposite is true.

#872 6 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

I actually disagree with this. I have owned many of these titles. They are great, but they are starting to feel dated.

I chuckled at this and can only think of one overwhelming thought: I have noticed that among pinball enthusiasts a game starts to feel "dated" once owners start complaining of not having finished code.

#953 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Many seem to not care if they sell now - or ever - they're just waiting for that one sucker.

I don't think that's it at all. Everything I own is always for sale at all times. However, if I don't have it listed for sale, you probably will not like the price.

I'm not waiting for any suckers... I will not sell stuff unless it's at a price I that I can't refuse. I don't really remember a nice condition pinball machine selling for way under market value in the last few years.

Regarding a big ticket game that was 6k new and now you can find it for 5k. That is not relevant. Never was and never will be. Same with a 13k restored game. If that game sells for 8k or 13k, what does that even have to do with the "pinball market". This "pinball market" doesn't even really exist. You sell a game for an agreed on price and it's done. Location, availability, condition, if it is complete/working, if it's cash, logistics, are all detemrining factors but ONLY for that ONE sale of a game.

Sure, there are trends but you can't predict them nor should you try.

No one knows what will happen in the future but right now, I don't see any major changes. People have ALWAYS asked way more for crap than it's worth and it sits. Doesn't matter what the product happens to be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-feel-pinball-prices-are-going-to-plummet?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.