(Topic ID: 188515)

Why I feel Pinball Prices Are Going To Plummet...

By g0nz0

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will Pinball Prices Drop Hard Over The Next Ten Years?”

• Definitely 137 votes
      19%
    • Not a Chance 283 votes
      39%
    • The Future Is Uncertain 298 votes
      42%

(718 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bounce (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    500 Hats (resized).png
    trading-places-copylab (resized).png
    crystalball.gif
    std160 (resized).jpg
    20994163_508473359495199_2732693749596596543_n.jpg
    Understanding Market Prices.jpg
    IMG_0547 (resized).JPG
    18555879_1539155196115105_149888256188700266_n (resized).jpg
    18491740_462302524112283_6063571034552307319_o (resized).jpg
    lAhV1U3MCBPhu.gif
    20170502_171951 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205752 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205820 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

what some people may not get is that some of us don't have arcades or Barcades in our location. If I want to play pinball, it's way more easy and convenient to play in my basement.

And you don't have to pay retail for the 12 beers you're gonna drink...not a drop in the bucket.

#326 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yikes. That Avatar is scary.

Thank you

Quoted from jwilson:

Oh yeah, also - almost no one I know played pinball in arcades when they were teens, us 40-somethings all played Pac-Man and shit.

Funny I don't know anyone that played Pac-Man in their teens...then again I guess it's all which time frame it was.

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I do sometimes wonder how some of you have enough money to buy pins when you can't even capitalize, use punctuation or use the correct your/you're or their/there/they're.

haha I was wondering when this thread would finally hit rock bottom, surprised it took so long

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I thought we were talking about NBAFB! Avatar would draw a wtf from me too.

This is what I originally thought he meant and was just typing it up.

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

You guys didn't look at that pic.

I did but my goddamn rods and cones melted so it took me a few to recover.

Quoted from DaveH:

and dump quarters into Pac-Man. Those were some fun times. We had the whole game memorized and would get to the key levels where one tiny incorrect flick of the joystick ended the game. Good times.

By our teens the fighting games were becoming top dogs around here, besides pins. Mrs. Pac-Man maybe, but she blew Pac-Man out of the water and it was almost impossible to find and actual PM.

#351 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I agree, but in my day (im a child of the 80`s) , only chicks played Mrs Pacman.

Touche. Most ladies round here were more partial to Tetris...and then later Klax; jesus that game was tough

#354 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I don't believe Flinstones are anywhere near $4k yet.

It's a lot more popular than you'd think for being basically a 300lbs circus peanut; but agreed 4K isn't realistic. It doesn't top 3K (from actual sellers).

#361 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I know some will give me thumbs down, but the value is just not there.
    Those who bought (likely) said it's just 80 of a kind so it'll go up.

I bought GOT & there are a lot of people that make 3 times as much as I do per year & paying 3 times as much for a SLE just isn't as big of a deal to them as it is me.
    I don't think that points to them treating games as an investment.

#387 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I will eagerly await the "Stern to release Tron VE soon?"

Grab some wood there bub...I hear he's got a rock solid plan to fix the top 100 thread. "Now the problems YOU people have been doing are...."

#539 6 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Well, we (Pinside) have covered the exact ground you're trying to cover with this thread more than a dozen times.

Yes but was it 10 years ago? Huh? No I didn't think so!

#554 6 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Did rarehero have the definitive answer on those post also?

Rarehero wasn't here 10 years ago so there's no way of rating his foward-thinkingness against yours.
    I'll have to go back 5-6 years and see what he said, then wait 4-5 years form now and check his answers.

At that time I'll pop into this thread which will somehow still be being going in tedious loop of non sensible horseshit.

Funny I bet in 10 years people won't still be saying 'horseshit.'

#661 6 years ago

The Magno-Slings ®™ are not that horrible...I mean they don't work that well and the 1 switch on them seems to be a bad idea, but they don't ruin it for me.
    I'm wondering what we would think if they were put on a good machine? The 1 switch is still bad, but I wonder on a game that isn't so...well...GBish what they would be like

#665 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I really never want to play GB again but if I did - I'd rather play the Pro I think.

Haha the grass is greener?

Right ramp that isn't a ramp
    Right scoop that isn't a scoop
    Slings sending most balls down the shitter

5 years later
    #1064 1 year ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

Well this aged well

It didn't start well either

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-feel-pinball-prices-are-going-to-plummet?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.