(Topic ID: 188515)

Why I feel Pinball Prices Are Going To Plummet...

By g0nz0

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will Pinball Prices Drop Hard Over The Next Ten Years?”

• Definitely 137 votes
      19%
    • Not a Chance 283 votes
      39%
    • The Future Is Uncertain 298 votes
      42%

(718 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bounce (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    500 Hats (resized).png
    trading-places-copylab (resized).png
    crystalball.gif
    std160 (resized).jpg
    20994163_508473359495199_2732693749596596543_n.jpg
    Understanding Market Prices.jpg
    IMG_0547 (resized).JPG
    18555879_1539155196115105_149888256188700266_n (resized).jpg
    18491740_462302524112283_6063571034552307319_o (resized).jpg
    lAhV1U3MCBPhu.gif
    20170502_171951 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205752 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205820 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Sorry that I posted something already discussed. But then again with THOUSANDS of post on here what hasn't been?
    Every post you see on PS today was discussed last week. I didn't see a recent discussion and I brought up an old topic but just voiced my personal opinion. And considering I am new here it is fair that I can't read every one posted.
    It appears some also got butthurt based on their replies (why they even bothered to click on the subject and not just scroll by it is beyond me, but that is what some people do. They complain about complainers never realizing the hypocrisy of their own post).
    Most likely replies from those who bought in at the peak I guess. Understandable.
    So sorry for rehashing a sore subject that's been discussed I guess. If a moderator wishes to del3ete this post, I don't mind.
    Maybe my next topic will be "what can I talk about pin related that has never been discussed."
    Wish me luck! Lol

Don't let the snark get you down. I appreciated your thoughts and agree with most of it.

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from davideokills:

I think we are seeing a shift in the pinball demographics and with it will come a price shift. I agree the with Vid that the LE market will drop out. There will be a shift to lower priced pinball machines that match the new demographic. The LE market and collector quality games are toys for an older generation with more cash to spend. New games are going to get cheaper because they hit the ceiling on what operators and average collectors are willing to pay. Also the more exploration and open source play the greater the possibility for inexpensive alternatives to the current options.
    The OP's judgement of the market based on A list game prices is common and boring to everyone. Talking about the car market and citing Ferrari and Bugatti as your reference point is aggravating and ultimately puts people on edge in your discussion.
    I know my location is a bit different but I have a couple class field trips scheduled this week and lots of photographic evidence to support the real demographics of people that play pinball. Here are images from a tournament we host every month.

This guy is having such a good time

IMG_7619 (resized).JPGIMG_7619 (resized).JPG

#640 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I can't believe this thread is still going!!!

IMG_7684 (resized).JPGIMG_7684 (resized).JPG

#652 6 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

I failed to realize that the OP , owning one pin was so right. Many have used the phrase (10,000 by Christmas ), so
    I am selling all 36 of my pins at a discount to that $10,000 price, $9,500, each!! LOL. It's a hobby, buy, sell, play,
    have fun.

Holy moly you have a Stern addiction!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-feel-pinball-prices-are-going-to-plummet?tu=Rascal_H and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.