(Topic ID: 188515)

Why I feel Pinball Prices Are Going To Plummet...

By g0nz0

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,053 posts
  • 254 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ypurchn
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will Pinball Prices Drop Hard Over The Next Ten Years?”

• Definitely 136 votes
      20%
    • Not a Chance 267 votes
      39%
    • The Future Is Uncertain 289 votes
      42%

(692 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 78 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bounce (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    500 Hats (resized).png
    trading-places-copylab (resized).png
    crystalball.gif
    std160 (resized).jpg
    20994163_508473359495199_2732693749596596543_n.jpg
    Understanding Market Prices.jpg
    IMG_0547 (resized).JPG
    18555879_1539155196115105_149888256188700266_n (resized).jpg
    18491740_462302524112283_6063571034552307319_o (resized).jpg
    lAhV1U3MCBPhu.gif
    20170502_171951 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205752 (resized).jpg
    20170430_205820 (resized).jpg

There are 1053 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 22.
    #551 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

I also remember a time they couldn't give them a away.

Yes, but now almost 50% of pinball games are sold to home buyers, so the risk of seeing every single barcade go out of business, almost simultaneously and creating a glut in the marketplace is mitigated by home buyers eager for cheap pins and inventories sitting, heavily, in peoples basements.

Not to mention the kids that used to frequent the barcades willing/wanting (and now, 10 years older and richer) to buy the pins the bar is dumping.

#552 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

I also remember a time they couldn't give them a away.

I started collecting in the 90's and even when it was just me and a bunch of operators at an auction, games still sold for real money. I mean, a Twilight Zone for $800 is crazy cheap now, but that's still real cash when a new game was $3,500. So, again you're wrong.

#553 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Again.. you know it all.
    Shocker!

Projection. Look at the first post....hypocrite.

#554 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Did rarehero have the definitive answer on those post also?

Rarehero wasn't here 10 years ago so there's no way of rating his foward-thinkingness against yours.
    I'll have to go back 5-6 years and see what he said, then wait 4-5 years form now and check his answers.

At that time I'll pop into this thread which will somehow still be being going in tedious loop of non sensible horseshit.

Funny I bet in 10 years people won't still be saying 'horseshit.'

#555 2 years ago

Here was my crazy, stupid prediction on the pinball bubble as a newbie a year or 2 getting into pinball back in April 2013 and follow up in 2014. I really focused on the fact the pinball was so much fun and how can people leave something that is so fun? This is a fact!

See how I did?

(Flame suit on) lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-pinball-will-battle-on-and-survive

#556 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

No the point he is trying to make is his point is the only valid one and mine are invalid.
    And in a discussion about the "future" neither is valid. It is all up for discussion.
    I have listened to others and if you look you will see me on many occasions say "good point" because that is how it works. I make a point. They counter. I counter. It goes back and forth.
    It is a debate, it is fun. It kills time.
    But some go "hey man, I already explain it and you refuse to listen douche"..
    Like for some reason he solved the riddle of the future and we can carry on. At least I am still listening to others.

So someone mentioning that we've discussed this ad nauseum on the forum doesn't persuade you to think differently? Fine.

I'm glad we had this talk. I'm not persuaded by you that pinball prices will plummet in 10 years because there are far too many unknowns. But this type of thing has been rehashed dozens of times. No need to continue.

The point you keep missing is that since many of us have "discussed" this dozens of times is that we're weary of threads like this.

The other one is just a humorous observation -- I've noticed that people who make these types of threads tend to be 1) new to Pinside and have 2) relatively small collections, usually indicating they haven't collected for long.

This usually implies that they're wishful thinking--hoping prices plummet--so that they can build their collections.

#557 2 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

You are clearly not a scientist. You don't make a claim and then tell a skeptic to do their own research. You provide evidence to support what you're saying. This is like these Facebook posts that state marijuana cures cancer and then when I ask for links to research articles they tell me to "Google it. It's not that hard. There's lots out there." The truth is there is a lot of information out there but most of it is crap. Finding information is easy. Determining what information is good and from a reliable source is the difficult part. I'm not doing it for you. You don't have to do it either (you clearly haven't) but then most rational people aren't going to take what you say at face value as an undeniable truth.
    I am really not trying to attack you here; more just ranting about a general problem on the internet.

actually I am a scientist and a damn good one at that...

however, I dont have the time right now to help you to find the imperical data. Reality is that my claim is so blatantly obvious and backed up by real world data that I figured you were trolling for effect. I am not going to take the time to show you specifics, but all in the past 3 weeks there are quick to find examples fo many high end priced games selling for less than they would have just a year ago.

Hell, MG which is arguably the most colelctible and over priced game of all time already took a 15% decrease in the past week.

A super nice HUO RR Woz just sold for $600 less then it would have 8 months ago.

TronLEs are not moving at 9k where they used to be quick sales at 10.5

There are so many examples of high dollar games dropping in resale (of course a few outliers with some titles), that it takes you just minimal effort to look through the archives to see for yourself.

#558 2 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

I've noticed that people who make these types of threads tend to be 1) new to Pinside and have 2) relatively small collections, usually indicating they haven't collected for long.
    This usually implies that they're wishful thinking--hoping prices plummet--so that they can build their collections.

This topic gets recycled over and over however no one ever learns. Fun to watch the mosh pit from a far!

#559 2 years ago

IMO the more LCD pins that come out along with new tech, the older DMD pins will look and feel much more dated. In turn the older DMD games will be less desirable. BUT for this to happen we need new innovation as far as toys/tech are concerned and some really great hits. And in time yes DMD games will be what EM games are today IMO. With that being said your still going to get high prices with the DMD games bc just like EM games they will still be desired. Also the new pins will be over 10k for LE's.

Side note: Im 40 and been collection since I bought my first house in my early 20's. I would much rather have a STLE sitting in my house over a TAF or TOM. Yes they are great games but im past that era and like shiny new toys. Now to think is STLE had an LCD or AC/DC or any other recent hits had an LCD this would make the big DMD titles less desirable to many people. Prices will settle a bit with the DMD but in no way will the bottom fall out..... ever.

#560 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

however, I dont have the time right now to help you to find the imperical data. Reality is that my claim is so blatantly obvious and backed up by real world data that I figured you were trolling for effect. I am not going to take the time to show you specifics, but all in the past 3 weeks there are quick to find examples fo many high end priced games selling for less than they would have just a year ago.
    Hell, MG which is arguably the most colelctible and over priced game of all time already took a 15% decrease in the past week.
    A super nice HUO RR Woz just sold for $600 less then it would have 8 months ago.
    There are so many examples of high dollar games dropping in resale (of course a few outliers with some titles), that it takes you just minimal effort to look through the archives to see for yourself.

L O L at using Magic Girl as a gauge for the pinball market. you are really reaching, man.

#561 2 years ago

My prediction is the price of a Skill Shot just plummeted because of this thread.

#562 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

"Artificial value" = "temporary value" = "standard market value" = not a thing. The issue is you suggest these games have some intrinsic value (the $4-5k "worth" you brought up above), but they do not. As if there is some baseline "real" price that was established in 2002 or whatever to which all prices will inevitably return. It doesn't work that way. Prices will keep climbing if demand continues to grow. And they'll drop just as quickly if demand dries up. There's no reason to think prices will stop at an arbitrary "real" price on their way down if the demand is no longer there.
    It is reasonable enough to say "the game is selling for $10k today but I believe supply will increase or demand will fall and within five years I can get it for $5k, and therefore I'm not buying now." But to go from that to an assertion that the game is only "worth" $5k today, when the market is clearly saying otherwise, just does not compute.

Ok let me explain it.. one more time.

Maybe I confused you.

All value is temporary because it is constantly fluctuating at all times (a little bit back and forth and never stays put).
    I call this market value. It is the value that moves a little but stays pretty much in place. Over time with normal inflation it will go up and stay up. And then will wobble a little back and forth in its new seat.

Events can sometimes cause market value to change "for a short period of time".. I call it artificial because it doesn't really represent the objects value.. (but yes I know, if people are paying it, then it must be the value I get that. Are we still on the same page?)

Well this artificial value (well I had to call it temporary because you didn't like artificial which then led to MORE confusion because I had to change to name because (no value can be artificial) and now temporary value is being confused with the normal temporary value that we see in market value...

Ok I'll stop there.. yeah, I was being sarcastic.

Plain and simple. Items have a normal price that goes up with inflation and at times gets a mega boost due to some event. Normally it never last and drops back down to were it would have been due to normal inflation if the event had never came. I think we all agree on that right? I mean we see it happen all the time. No big secret.

So what caused this in certain titles in pinball? I don't know exactly. I have expressed different reasons. But we all.. and I mean ALL can agree that pin prices on "certain titles" did ROCKET up really really fast. Was it because of pinball arcade? Nostalgia? Greed? The Devil? Hell, I don't know but the increase doesn't feel natural at all.

So with that being said I believe it is a "bubble". And I believe the bubble will burst. And in10 years I'll be right or wrong. Hell if I know. Hell if anyone knows. And yes I understand that some of you believe it isn't a bubble but that all totally worth 15k and that is ok with me. You might be right.. never claimed to be right or wrong. I only wanted to discuss reasons and see what you guys thought.

So there, I wrapped it all up. I have NO CLUE if I will be right, I am not a prophet, I only own one pin, I am new to pinside and I have no clue and people have tried to give me the definitive answer (about the future ... smh) and I refuse to except it.

I am done for today.
    I am exhausted.

-Douche Out

#563 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

and I refuse to except it.

Accept. Beelzeboob would have corrected you once he arrived in this thread anyway.

#564 2 years ago

Hey OP, serious question. What is your professional background? You use a lot of consistent terminology in your postings. Do you have an analytics or economics background or are you arm-chairing this?

#565 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

L O L at using Magic Girl as a gauge for the pinball market. you are really reaching, man.

really? ok, then use BBB

both are rare games that used to sell for over 23k and no longer do...

The other examples are just as good. WOZ, TronLE, heck any LE besides the very few have and continue to drop in resale market

#566 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Hey OP, serious question. What is your professional background? You use a lot of consistent terminology in your postings. Do you have an analytics or economics background or are you arm-chairing this?

He's arm chairing. He's confusing (and making up) a lot of terms here. I'm not knocking him but I think he's getting a little over his head especially when he starts making up terms like 'artificial value' etc. Again, no offense to OP. I respect his opinion.

At the end of the day EVERYTHING is a bubble. We will be swallowed by the sun eventually. Trust me. Sell your homes prior to that event.

#567 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

He's arm chairing.

Not knocking him at all either. In reading through this shit tornado that landed here I noticed very specific and consistent terminology that did not resonate with what I know of economics. I did not know if there was something new that I needed to read up on.

#568 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

So with that being said I believe it is a "bubble".

But you have no facts or information to back that up, so it's literally just your opinion based on nothing, whereas others have posted tons of information showing otherwise.

So, you're just pontificating to hear yourself speak and ignoring everyone else. That's a textbook troll.

#569 2 years ago

I only play $1 a game (or $2 for 3 games) and that's been pretty steady for the past 5 years or so.

I can't even imagine how rich you'd have to be to own one of those in your own home!? Is it even legal to own one without a license?

#570 2 years ago

Let's hope the prices fall then I'll just buy them all.

#571 2 years ago

I wish I had the five minutes of my life back it took to read the first post in this thread. Before I drain this thread, let me say that I disagree with the general premise along with all of the supporting points. Pinball collectors are such an infinitesimally small portion of the population, all it would take is another 0.001% of the people to join us and suddenly those couple thousand copies of each game will not be enough to go around. And when it comes to money for machines, pockets will never be empty.

#572 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

hex (resized).jpg

#573 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Not my problem to go solve and unless you are in the marketing or sales ops department for a pinball manufacturer, not yours either. If pinball can grow its base then that is great. If not, you will have the pie shrink as people die off and their collections will wind up in other people's hands. Neither of these two actions will make the price for the A list titles crash compared to other titles.

Exactly, in 50 years, think about how much a beautifully conditioned TAF will be worth?? A small fortune I predict.

#574 2 years ago

As a collector, if prices go down we win. If prices go up we win. No problem!

#575 2 years ago

I dunno.. some noobs know how to make a splash, some don't.

Screenshot_2017-05-10-06-59-16-82 (resized).png

#576 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

At the end of the day EVERYTHING is a bubble. We will be swallowed by the sun eventually. Trust me. Sell your homes prior to that event.

Now this is economic analysis I can get behind!

#577 2 years ago

The good times will roll until there is a recession. Sales of luxury items will drop. The boutique companies will probably fold under the pressure. I give JJP 50/50 -- depends on how much market share they have gotten when it hits. Right now, one bad game probably kills them and so one bad recession probably does too. Planetary Pinball probably just takes a rest and produces no new games during a downturn. Stern will probably survive, unless the increase in overhead of their new facility crushes them when things go bad -- they would not be the first company killed by the cost of their own new/upgraded facility.

Long-term, a couple companies survive but probably eventually merge.

#578 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Don't worry. I am sure you will sell your overpriced pins long before they drop. Just keep an eye out and don't wait to the last minute and you'll be fine.

See everyone is attacking you, but you start of with "Don't worry. I am sure you will sell your overpriced pins long before they drop" How do you know what I paid? Overpriced based on what? What you think something should be worth? What you may see as overpriced, someone else may not, I think this is the problem you are not grasping that others are trying to point out to you, your opinion of price is exactly that.....yours, but you seem to think because you think a price should be X then that is what it is, no it's called perceived value.

Perceived value: is the worth that a product or service has in the mind of the consumer. For the most part, consumers are unaware of the true cost of production for the products they buy; instead, they simply have an internal feeling for how much certain products are worth to them.

I'm not worried about the prices coming down, but it seems you are very fixated on what you perceive something is worth as opposed to what it's market value says it's worth and this is what has you so fired up, because you want something so badly and you can't have it!

I really don't care if the value on the games I have drops, I paid what I paid and I love the games I own. I'm not chasing after a market swing to hope I don't get hurt to try and sell before I loose $$, IT'S PINBALL, it's a game, it's entertainment for the family, it's a stress re-leaver (you need one) you are so wound up over everybody that disagrees with your opinion, but that's what it is...........an opinion and everyone else is entitled to one......Oh what no not according to you, if someones opinion disagrees with yours, they are attacking you, no they just don't agree.........................and? So what

When did someone decide that pinball had a base line price that should be abide by?

I too would love to pay less, but if I can't I won't wait, I will save up and buy when I have the chance or make a decision to not buy if I feel the price is to high, but I won't go crying on a thread about it. Buy it or don't buy it

#579 2 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

The good times will roll until there is a recession. Sales of luxury items will drop. The boutique companies will probably fold under the pressure. I give JJP 50/50 -- depends on how much market share they have gotten when it hits. Right now, one bad game probably kills them and so one bad recession probably does too. Planetary Pinball probably just takes a rest and produces no new games during a downturn. Stern will probably survive, unless the increase in overhead of their new facility crushes them when things go bad -- they would not be the first company killed by the cost of their own new/upgraded facility.

We're literally just beginning to emerge from the worst recession ever...And pin prices have risen steadily throughout it.

#580 2 years ago

I will clear it up for you. The pins that are the most fun to most people are the ones that went up in price the most. See how that works? No economic event or some other nonsense is going to change what machines most people enjoy. There are always new people getting in to the hobby and there are just not enough machines to go around and satisfy all those new to playing pins and owning a few games. The hardest games to find for sale right now are good titles in the 1500-2000 range. The reason is because most people that are entering the hobby are ok with spending that much and there are simply no great games left to fix up and sell in that range. I can't remember the last time I saw a great game listed for 1500. You see how all that just keeps pumping the prices of so-so games up and up? If not, it's ok. In 100 years no one will give a crap any way.

#581 2 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

The 2008 recession was one of the worst in US history, and it didn't affect pin prices much if at all.

#582 2 years ago

My point of view from the bottom of the pile, from the low end collector, support s that prices are on a continued climb. I've watched the high end a bit, but that's from a dreamers view. I can't afford a $6K game. If it plummets to $5K, well, I can't afford that either.
    What I can tell you is that prices for low tier games in the $1000 to $1500 range are very often no longer nice games, or even fully working games. This range is now project game asking prices.

#583 2 years ago

Final note to g0nz0 in this thread from me

I hope you can get as much enjoyment as possible out of pinball; you apparently joined here to share in the hobby and in the fun. I hope you find all the machines you want to buy for a price you can afford--there's room enough for all of us.

#584 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So in your scientific field a few random data points are sufficient to make a blanket statement about the trends? OK, I can play this. Aren't there like 15 Magic Girls? It isn't even a functioning pinball machine. It is not comparable to real pinball machines. I believe you said $5k+ NIB (which is ALL NIBs now, BTW) originally? Then why bring up a HUO RR Woz? This is decreased because most people who can afford one would prefer a NIB RR WOZ for a bit more and they are still selling and being made. So that is actually an example of people buying NIB pins over $5k. Then you bring up Tron LE. How many NIB Tron LEs are there out there? Not many. Also, as the frequent posting about Tron VE hints, that is a real and probable thing that could be decreasing Tron prices specifically, but you weren't talking about used Trons in your original comment anyway. You should be talking about and looking at the sales of all of the recent releases (BM66, AS, WOZ, TH, GB, etc) with NIB sales (WOZ RR NIB counts) as that was your original point.

#585 2 years ago
    Quoted from thewolks:

See everyone is attacking you, but you start of with "Don't worry. I am sure you will sell your overpriced pins long before they drop" How do you know what I paid? Overpriced based on what? What you think something should be worth? What you may see as overpriced, someone else may not, I think this is the problem you are not grasping that others are trying to point out to you, your opinion of price is exactly that.....yours, but you seem to think because you think a price should be X then that is what it is, no it's called perceived value.
    Perceived value: is the worth that a product or service has in the mind of the consumer. For the most part, consumers are unaware of the true cost of production for the products they buy; instead, they simply have an internal feeling for how much certain products are worth to them.
    I'm not worried about the prices coming down, but it seems you are very fixated on what you perceive something is worth as opposed to what it's market value says it's worth and this is what has you so fired up, because you want something so badly and you can't have it!
    I really don't care if the value on the games I have drops, I paid what I paid and I love the games I own. I'm not chasing after a market swing to hope I don't get hurt to try and sell before I loose $$, IT'S PINBALL, it's a game, it's entertainment for the family, it's a stress re-leaver (you need one) you are so wound up over everybody that disagrees with your opinion, but that's what it is...........an opinion and everyone else is entitled to one......Oh what no not according to you, if someones opinion disagrees with yours, they are attacking you, no they just don't agree.........................and? So what
    When did someone decide that pinball had a base line price that should be abide by?
    I too would love to pay less, but if I can't I won't wait, I will save up and buy when I have the chance or make a decision to not buy if I feel the price is to high, but I won't go crying on a thread about it. Buy it or don't buy it

Well in all fairness people have been snarky and rude to me also. For some reason I am the only one getting getting the fingers pointed at. I mean we both know why you posted hahahaha in all caps. Come in now. You were trying to stress I was dumb and didn't have a clue. So i jokingly played it back. You dont have to play the victim bro. You guys are just as guilty.

And I have listened to many here. I give and opinion. They disagree and give theirs. I disagree and counter. Then someone pops in new and rehashes the same off topic crap again because they were too lazy to ready the forum.

Then I got a guy saying "I explained it to you and you refuse to listen " , apparently because I listened and I still disagree with him and never just said "I agree" he calls me a douche (but nooo one calls him out) it's just g0nz0 the douche lol.

And so be it. You guys have the right to call me whatever you want. Just dont play victim when I do it back.

Look a little bit closer and you'll see PLENTY of insults thrown at me fron random people.

#586 2 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Final note to g0nz0 in this thread from me
    I hope you can get as much enjoyment as possible out of pinball; you apparently joined here to share in the hobby and in the fun. I hope you find all the machines you want to buy for a price you can afford--there's room enough for all of us.

Thanks man. I love it. And you might not believe this but I really did start this topic to share my opinion and get other opinions. I didnt expect so many to attack me and I retaliated. And Im sure people probably hate me but honestly Im a nice guy who brought up a sore subject and became a target. It was my mistake and hell I tried to delete it but I guess the mod was enjoying the back and forth.

So if I personally insulted you by disagreeing with ya. My bad. Nothing personal.

Hopefully in another topic we can agree and along. Thanks for the kind words. I haven't seen many in the past 24 hours lol

#587 2 years ago

I am in I.T. mainly. Owned a computer store back in the mid 90's (back when you could make profit before HP and Dell made walmart the computer store lol. Now I currently do all th I.T work for a company I also do network security for them.

My father was into electronics (repaired ham radios and stuff) so I learned a lot of that field from him. Been a video gamer since birth. Obsessed with arcades. So I am that guy.

41 year old computer and game geek and luckily I have a 25 year old wife who is young enough to enjoy my childish hobbies I can't seem to get rid of lol. And luckily I got her into pinning and she loves it .

We actually spent our anniversary a few weeks ago playing pinball at a new barcade. So that was cool.

#588 2 years ago

Damn, i replied to the the guy insulting me instead of the one asking the question hahaha. But funny thing is I actually managed a hotel once in my life. Wasn't a holiday inn though lol

#589 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Then someone pops in new and rehashes the same off topic crap again because they were too lazy to ready the forum/blockquote>

Says the guy who earlier admitted that he only reads the last post in a topic.

#590 2 years ago
    Quoted from g0nz0:

Thanks man. I love it. And you might not believe this but I really did start this topic to share my opinion and get other opinions. I didnt expect so many to attack me and I retaliated. And Im sure people probably hate me but honestly Im a nice guy who brought up a sore subject and became a target. It was my mistake and hell I tried to delete it but I guess the mod was enjoying the back and forth.

So if I personally insulted you by disagreeing with ya. My bad. Nothing personal.

Hopefully in another topic we can agree and along. Thanks for the kind words. I haven't seen many in the past 24 hours lol

I honestly think that you have been pretty decent and polite through all this. Some others, not soo much. You were just stating an opinion, not a fact and got ripped for it although i do see why many are very tired of this type of thread. Move on and enjoy the many many things that Pinside offers. Lots of fantastic people in here.

#591 2 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

along with new tech

LCD screens aside, what new tech has come into pinball in the last 25 years? There's literally nothing Stern has done on a playfield that B/W (and others) didn't do before them.

#592 2 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

#593 2 years ago

To the OP: Man, you sure know how to draw a crowd !!

#594 2 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

So in your scientific field a few random data points are sufficient to make a blanket statement about the trends? OK, I can play this. Aren't there like 15 Magic Girls? It isn't even a functioning pinball machine. It is not comparable to real pinball machines. I believe you said $5k+ NIB (which is ALL NIBs now, BTW) originally? Then why bring up a HUO RR Woz? This is decreased because most people who can afford one would prefer a NIB RR WOZ for a bit more and they are still selling and being made. So that is actually an example of people buying NIB pins over $5k. Then you bring up Tron LE. How many NIB Tron LEs are there out there? Not many. Also, as the frequent posting about Tron VE hints, that is a real and probable thing that could be decreasing Tron prices specifically, but you weren't talking about used Trons in your original comment anyway. You should be talking about and looking at the sales of all of the recent releases (BM66, AS, WOZ, TH, GB, etc) with NIB sales (WOZ RR NIB counts) as that was your original point.

TLDR, it would have been easier to say you just dont get it

#595 2 years ago

Loud-Noises (resized).jpg

#596 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

To the OP: Man, you sure know how to draw a crowd !!

We'll, the title is misleading. He promised a fire sale and what we now have is a ~10% reduction within the next decade.*

The old bait and switch!!

*except for 'super elite ultra high end artificial value bubble tables'**

**This excludes actual bubble games like bubble bobble and bubble hockey***

***Unless stern releases a Ultra exclusive SLE-MAXPOWER Bubble Hockey themed pin

#597 2 years ago

I am pretty sure in 50 years my TZ will sell for 50k

#598 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

LCD screens aside, what new tech has come into pinball in the last 25 years? There's literally nothing Stern has done on a playfield that B/W (and others) didn't do before them.

Easier dimpling and cripplingly deficient code?

Runs away.

#599 2 years ago

pinside loves a good dumpster fire

Ever find your normal threads quiet? Just goto the front page and find the latest light everyone is flocking to

#600 2 years ago

Why does anyone care if the values bottom out? I mean, pins aren't investments RIGHT?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 1053 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside