40 days ago

Topic Stats

• 266 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by pcprogrammer
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C0B12A75-1BA3-4639-A5EA-ABED69B03696 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200218_232349 (resized).jpg
    E368C8B2-36E3-4270-9D97-08E75F53FEFB (resized).jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    35bab8fdac00005cd659c0ba808cdf5caf9e9662 (resized).jpg
    3pi5p2 (resized).jpg
    shut up (resized).jpg
    B5CDA040-A501-4A34-874B-6391FC2A6742 (resized).jpeg
    49B72245-63EC-4690-BC73-6BC2A060B72B (resized).png
    86372063_1590152774465869_8947611299383083008_o (resized).jpg
    86450893_10158191611127342_3122085171403161600_n (resized).jpg
    7e081a088ea1f79d2f85b696d5e23c896fdf6ec2.jpeg (resized).jpg
    66BE1EB8-4BD7-4703-9321-97EE63648B63 (resized).png
    3ph4ao (resized).jpg

There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 39 days ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Pay more for less is a common thing now in everything......wake up

Particularly true for products largely manufactured by humans (pinball, homes).

For tech products largely manufactured by robots, not so much (cars, tech).

#252 39 days ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Yes prices have increase and pinball companies like any other companies want to cut corners to increase profit margins but if you are not confortable with that you are always free to move to another hobby.

Thanks, but I’ll remain in the hobby and continue to complain about the god awful quality.
    What other 6K-12K products have these issues?

#253 39 days ago

OK,I've read all of this,and there are some points that are right and many wrong!! This is personal preference,yes,however,there is one point that I agree on!!I bought a B66LE because it was supposed to be a "limited run""The B66 SLE was a big finger in the eye!Then,they come out with a Catwoman edition,for all the whiners that missed the limited LE run! Exact same PF and codes,BUT,OH boy,a different translite!!Then,Stern dumped the new Beatles pin ! So,I bought a Deadpool LE!!Now,I hear a rumor that they MAY make a Deadpool "Vault!! SO,traded a dead Houdini,for a RZ!Now I go with a new R&M from Spooky!! I also had never heard about R&M but it was a easy choice! I'm not from Texas

#254 39 days ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Don't waste your time they are already "woke" and know more than you'll ever know, just ask them.

#255 39 days ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

What other 6K-12K products have these issues?

Every new Vehicle on the road today for starters. Find a brand that hasn't had a recall in the last five-ten years.

#256 39 days ago

Pinball was/is devised for two reasons, gambling and fun. Seems to me they have met both goals nicely over the years.

#257 39 days ago

More clear, more dimples! JP and Elvira, less clear less deeper "dimpling". 2+2=4

Not an issue on Bally Williams game? BS

Super wood back then? Ever see a chewed up shooter lane. Yeah, lmao.

Don't put on Cliffys, protectors or mylar on a new Bricks game, you don't need it! LOL

Let's see what that shooter lane looks like after a few thousand plays without it.

Play your games and have fun!

#258 39 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

wait until this guy starts getting into boats

That F$$&ing Hilarious!

Just Boston Whaler will go up in Value
    Ya just gotta wait 35 yrs

C0B12A75-1BA3-4639-A5EA-ABED69B03696 (resized).jpeg
    #259 39 days ago

I understand where the OP is coming from. I have been able to justify and grow my lineup in part because the machines I've owned have appreciated in value. That's said, I'm typically not going to be the early adopter for new games, regardless of the company. That's typically where you lose out on the most money. If you are worried about losing money, my suggestion is to buy used games. There have been only a handful of games where the best time to buy them was right away...I'll continue to play the odds.

#260 39 days ago

I stopped buying Sterns because there are just better options out there for the money, for me. But I certainly don't begrudge anyone who desires a Stern, we all have different requirements. My perception is fewer features for more money, it just stopped computing for me. I re-evaluate that position with every Stern release and will be happy to jump back in if they ever start putting more into the games, and it wouldn't hurt if Lyman coded them all.

But that's the great thing about the current competitive landscape, there's seemingly something out there for everyone.

#261 39 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

wait until this guy starts getting into boats

Where I live, boats hold their value nicely. They are in demand, especially used boats.

#262 39 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Every new Vehicle on the road today for starters. Find a brand that hasn't had a recall in the last five-ten years.

And then the recall is properly fixed.
    If Stern and JJP had recalls and properly addressed them like the auto industry, I wouldn’t complain.

#263 39 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Interesting that you mention that
    ebay.com link

Geez...

Well I hope they don't do vault editions of my Beanie Babies. I've got a horde that I've spent bank on!

Pure collectables, with tags! will never lose value!

#264 39 days ago
    Quoted from slicknick13:

Geez...
    Well I hope they don't do vault editions of my Beanie Babies. I've got a horde that I've spent bank on!
    Pure collectables, with tags! will never lose value!

LOL.... so much of it is random! I only posted that because I did a quick search after you mentioned the VHS tapes. I knew that some of them sold for over $100... but I would have never guessed someone was trying to pull in nearly half-a-mil!

My point on Disney was actually based on Art and their collectible figures. From my experience, they have tried to protect the value for the collector.

The whole concept of "what is collectible" is kinda crazy. For many (most?) items things turn south once people realize that they are collectible.... comics, baseball cards, coins, stamps, beanie babies.... once they are deemed "collectible" the newly issued stuff is over-produced (there is a documentary on the Ken Griffey Jr Rookie card).

#265 38 days ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Where I live, boats hold their value nicely. They are in demand, especially used boats.

Are you trying to talk yourself into one?

#266 38 days ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Are you trying to talk yourself into one?

I've owned a nice used one for 10 years. I get asked all the time if I'm selling it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 64.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 14.95
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 90.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside