Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

happy_cat_1600x1200.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I hate it when people with a holier-- than-thou attitude tries to tell me what I should or should not do
    The protest provably interrupted his business,
    Business is hard enough, nobody needs a priest outside their shop,when the issue has nothing to do with that bbusiness

I agree, Priests tend to hurt business, especially when you run a godless establishment like an arcade.

But the OP clearly DOESN'T have a holier than thou attitude (probably due to lack of priests outside his establishment). He SPECIFICALLY said, make up your own mind on this.

#52 8 years ago

I wonder if the the roles were reversed, if the 'minority' whites would occasionally rebel like this? No, probably not. We would just take it and smile. Yep, that's exactly what would happen. Ooh, Fox News is on, gotta go.

#53 8 years ago

happy_cat_1600x1200.jpghappy_cat_1600x1200.jpg

#54 8 years ago

Treating other human beings with respect is not political.
    But it is correct.

If you can't separate the two issues that's on you.

I hope you all have a great day today, regardless of your thoughts on this. If you need to comment, please keep it civil. No need for politics to pollute another well.

#55 8 years ago

Mullets rule! Hey, Greg Daniels called. He wants his hair back. Lol.

#56 8 years ago

Wow, racism is alive and well on Pinside! Yell shut up and go get a job, ok, run out there yelling the N word!? WTF?

I would tell Dorky to F himself before I would ever consider dropping any coin there!

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Wow, racism is alive and well on Pinside!

Not seeing that myself here. It's been fairly civil so far. But yeah, this thread can end any time.

#58 8 years ago

Why so much worry about the thread ending at any time? So many obsessed with a potential lock!

Take in the moment, people. Live dammit, live!!!!

#59 8 years ago

It's a pity this thread had to go to shit, but I guess it's inevitable here. Some people just can't help themselves. Spewers gotta spew.

I'll probably never be anywhere near this Dorky's spot. But if I ever am I'll keep walking. My prerogative to spend my money as I wish. No real need for me to get into why, that's not going to help the thread any.

I like pinside better when we can all just love pinball together. It's what binds us. We're not going to agree about everything else. It's a little fake, it's like the brown bagged liquor, we can all know what's inside it, but it lets us pretend we don't know. I'd just rather not know you're a giant racist personally. Maybe that makes me a bit of a hypocrite, but I'll deal with that on my own.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from JosiahCox:

If you need to comment, please keep it civil. No need for politics to pollute another well.

Well said!

#61 8 years ago

I had no idea that having your hands up meant don't shoot.

Uh..... Sarcasm alert!

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why so much worry about the thread ending at any time? So many obsessed with a potential lock!
    Take in the moment, people. Live dammit, live!!!!

I've never understood the thread lock obsession thing either...so weird.

#63 8 years ago

Can't speak for anyone else but I won't be back. My family and I just went for the first time Saturday..loved the place! But after seeing this asshole behave this way I will spend my time and money elsewhere! Just what I choose to do!

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That said, whenever I see a protest, I never hear the message. Instead, all I can think of is this: Why the hell aren't any of these people at work?

In this case, maybe because it was Sunday?

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Believe it or not the restaurant is in the DC area.
    And it's surprisingly hard to find good Chinese in NYC these days. They are all either disgusting carry outs or highfalutin "fusion" places - the good real Chinese/American joints you know and love from your youth have disappeared into the ether.

What Chinese restaurant in DC? Need a good recommendation when I visit.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from jchiu:

What Chinese restaurant in DC? Need a good recommendation when I visit.

You aren't from the anti-defamation league are you?

Paul Kee in Wheaton, Maryland (not actually in DC)

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Believe it or not the restaurant is in the DC area.
    And it's surprisingly hard to find good Chinese in NYC these days. They are all either disgusting carry outs or highfalutin "fusion" places - the good real Chinese/American joints you know and love from your youth have disappeared into the ether.

Not Chinese, but Japaneese... I had some fantastic Ramen over the weekend at Totto Ramen in NYC. I think it was around 52nd and 9th. A surprising little cellar joint.

#68 8 years ago

I have met a number of characters through the pinball community and even seen and had some personality conflicts. But I have never known of a pinhead that I would call "mean", until today. His intent is to silence the voices of those who would protest for a more just society and world. To the owner of Dorky's arcade in Tacoma, WA, I am glad that I have never met you and never will.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You aren't from the anti-defamation league are you?
    Paul Kee in Wheaton, Maryland (not actually in DC)

Darn. Will be near the Capitol. Had to get this info before the lock - just in case.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

c) the black lives matter people and their cause are horrible and they deserve to be called the n-word by an aggressive and possibly drunk lunatic with a bullhorn

Oh good lord. Nice stretch of what has been said here. You can't have an intelligent conversation when you just make stuff up because you think it proves your point of view.

#71 8 years ago

I watched the video, and seen the guy with the mega-phone being annoying, but never heard the "N" word. Did I miss something in the video?

Maybe it's just me, but could it have been possible that this was entirely a false accusation - After all, they are wanting publicity, and usually look for controversy to fuel it.

#72 8 years ago

Just watched the whole video and the only people creating a problem are the protestors blocking a major intersection. Got to give it to Dorky he is a true soldier, need more like him.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I watched the video, and seen the guy with the mega-phone being annoying, but never heard the "N" word. Did I miss something in the video?

2:56 he clealy says it at least 2 times in a row. EDIT: I would say 3 times the first one is quick...but don't worry he slows it down so there isn't much to debate aboot

EDit: I mean is this place a bar? I guess he could be saying "JIGGER" but I don't think so

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I missed your constant racism and ignorance. Wait, no I didn't, take it back to RGP.

Funny, I have never missed you and your liberal PC brainwashing. My point is that if you act like a piece of shit thug you cant complain if you are called a piece of shit thug. If you act like a criminal you cant bitch if you get arrested or shot by the police. Funny thing is that I have 20-30 black people come into my office daily and the only ones who disagree with that are the ones I'm referring to. Im pretty much betting that you never come in contact with these people of any color and are just some white guilt liberal talking out your ass

#75 8 years ago

Thanks for posting Josiah! Sad to hear this.. I love dorkys and go to tocoma just to play there occasionally. Not into supporting racist owned establishments though ugh sucks to know what an ass the owner is.

#76 8 years ago

This thread is just silly. There is a Pinsider in Asheville that is chooch-less !!! That is serious business !!!

#77 8 years ago

Well one thing for sure we now know who the bleeding heart liberals are. Probably living in a gated and guarded community, only coming out in the safety of daylight for brunch.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Probably living in a gated and guarded community...

"Palm Beach Gardens is a city in Palm Beach County in the U.S. state of Florida. As of the 2010 United States Census, the population was 48,452.[6] The city has a number of gated communities."

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

2:56 he clealy says it at least 2 times in a row. EDIT: I would say 3 times the first one is quick...but don't worry he slows it down so there isn't much to debate aboot
    EDit: I mean is this place a bar? I guess he could be saying "JIGGER" but I don't think so

Wow, I missed it the first time (probably the annoying musical mega-phone), but I can hear it now that I go back.

#80 8 years ago

Gotta lock this one, guys. I'm sure this comes as no surprise.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-am-boycotting-dorkys-arcade-in-tacoma-wa/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.