(Topic ID: 144051)

Why haven't new machines become easier to support remotely?

By BrianZ

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

burningpins.jpg
    SW-NORTON-ANTIVIRUS-2014-1USER_large.jpg
    2722-00.jpg
    71zC2Pz4TrL._SL1500_.jpg
    PinballRemote.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from anthony691:

WiFi could also be used to facilitate a number of alternative payments (CCs, SMS, NFC)

All the ops I know DON'T want to take any payment other than cash.

They usually report 25% of their income, and you can't do that if you are accepting electronic payments.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I guess the new guard is doing it differently.

Maybe.

All the ops I know with big routes are still very "connected".

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

saw a nice Shrek at a movie theater just last week. Countless people wanted to play, including myself... Instead it sat completely idle.....Why? Nobody carries cash anymore.

You have to carry cash to tip your waiters. If you tip on the credit card, they never get the full amount.

If countless people wanted to play, somebody would have some real cash to get change

I always have $500 on me in case I see crap at a garage sale, fresh un-waxed apples at a roadside stand (season is almost over folks), a good condition throwaway, the tip for the maitre d', strip bar money......

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Most ops I know are going electronic payments and making triple or more

one would have to figure out if paying for the 5% fee on the electronic payments, plus the additional taxes going into the toilet for Uncle Scam by declaring 100% of the income, the bar wants cash - never a taxable check, then the family gets the cut they are owed - they don't take checks either (every conversion step loses more money); a lot of math there to figure out if you are really on top or not.

Even taking in 3x might not be enough to actually net you more money (even though the game is getting 3x the wear and tear).

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Maybe they should simply stop the tax fraud

LOL

That's great material.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Email to PBR, receive order, send money order. Plain and simple.

PBR rocks! Nobody has better service.

Get your stuff the very next day (2 days max).

Pay anytime within 7 days.

#91 8 years ago

Best use of networking on a pin would be to use the webcam to see and hear what players are saying about the game.

On my phone from anywhere in the world, I can view all my security cam feeds from my house and pole barn.

Intrusion switch on the coin door could alert you whenever the game is opened. OK if it's the bar owner unsticking a ball, not OK if the cash box is being pried open....

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

heck even remote surveillance.

Now yur talkin' !!!!

#103 8 years ago

My malware would find a frequency to overheat the coils, starting fires everywhere at once.

**AND LET THE EVIL GAMBLERS AND THEIR INFERNAL MACHINES BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

I have seen things that will blow your mind.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Leave it to Vid.... Nice Blade Runner quote.

You can hear Rose McGowan lift those lines on her song new song RM486 (NSFW) :

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-havent-new-machines-become-easier-to-support-remotely?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.