(Topic ID: 43638)

Why Has No One Made a Cool Zombie Game??

By Billy16

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by lowepg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Enough of all the comic book/movie tie-ins--how about a smokin' zombie game, someone? And I guess by "someone" I'm referring to Stern or that dude in Jersey...

#2 11 years ago

It is in the works.........see Spooky pinball and Pinball inventor.

#3 11 years ago

When I read the headline, I thought to myself "ouch, would hate to be jpop and ben heck right now."

#4 11 years ago

BHZA

Ben Heck's Zombie Adventure land

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

In the works sounds good!

Quoted from Shpwizard:

When I read the headline, I thought to myself "ouch, would hate to be jpop and ben heck right now."

Mayhaps these guys need to promote themselves more...

#6 11 years ago

only good if you back up what you say, as we have seen others fail at this at various points.

#7 11 years ago

Jetzxi said:
    In the works sounds good!
    Shpwizard said:
    Mayhaps these guys need to promote themselves more...

Sold out! Why promote it?

#8 11 years ago

Sega did...you just need a Gameboy Advance to play it!

#10 11 years ago

So what's today's fascination with zombies all about? What's the appeal?

#11 11 years ago

Just like we watched old horror flicks as kids it's the theme of the day. Not for all but for bunch of folks it's the cool hot trend in the macabre.

#13 11 years ago

I'll post pics when BHZA arrives so you guys can see what a great Zombie game looks like

#14 11 years ago

Ice I'm still sitting on the waiting list here for BHZA
    I had hoped some spots might open up beginning
    Of march as I heard that a payment was due.
    I never got the call I guess I'll keep waiting.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ice I'm still sitting on the waiting list here for BHZA
    I had hoped some spots might open up beginning
    Of march as I heard that a payment was due.
    I never got the call I guess I'll keep waiting.

Hang in there and keep emailing John...apparently there were several people that hadn't made the November payment and Jpop was trying to get everybody caught up before the March payment was due...I'm sure some will drop out with 2250 due soon...

#16 11 years ago

Gave mine up doh!!! Big mistake : o

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Gave mine up doh!!! Big mistake : o

It's a shame you did because I would give up every other pin I have/on order for this one based on what I've seen and what I know is coming.....

#18 11 years ago

Well Alice may be the one for me then ; )

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well Alice may be the one for me then ; )

Yikes....but if anyone can make Alice look good its Jpop!

#20 11 years ago

I know I'm looking at this toooooo seriously, but I wonder sometimes. When vast swaths of the populace become entertained, if not preoccupied, with the notion of dead human beings eating live ones, does this say anything about where society is at? Or headed? Pretty twisted!

Maybe it's how we need to process through these endless wars that we fight but rarely see....especially when it comes to the dead. Maybe the thought of turning on one another eases our guilt. Or something. Whatever. Just rambling now. Or again!

I'm not into the zombie thing myself. "28 Days" was really cool. And "I Am Legend", but for me it seems really overcooked at his point. I like horror, but the cannibalism just doesn't do it for me.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

"28 Days" was really cool.

One of the best vampire movies....vampires and zombies have nothing to do with reality and that's the point, its entertainment and an escape, nothing more, nothing less...

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Hang in there and keep emailing John...apparently there were several people that hadn't made the November payment and Jpop was trying to get everybody caught up before the March payment was due...I'm sure some will drop out with 2250 due soon...

This gives me hope!
    Thanks iceman image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 11 years ago

What year did Nosferatu come out ?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Just like we watched old horror flicks as kids it's the theme of the day.

The new zombie fascination is just a revival of what Romero started back in the 60's...

I just think this would make a really cool theme for a game. Enough comic book and movie games, how about something different? I can't believe Bally, Williams or Gottlieb did not do a game back when George Romero or Wes Craven (way before Freddy) was hot with zombies (and they would have been at the forefront of the film tie-in craze). Between the music (Rob Zombie would be my choice to collaborate with), playfield artwork and whatever cool toy(s) the designer might add, this would be an open canvas. Could be the new Scared Stiff, or better.

#25 11 years ago

I'm surprised one hasn't been made. Especially with how big zombies have gotten in popular culture. Plus there are some great licenses out there like Walking Dead (which is based on a popular comic) and World War Z if you want to go with the movie tie-in. I think it's a huge miss by Stern not to have gone this route.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What year did Nosferatu come out ?

1922 of course

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

This gives me hope!
    Thanks iceman

You bet, if you get the chance, do it....some of the things so far being discussed are really exciting!..

#28 11 years ago

If they do zombie game, I hope they have standups like those Dragons in Dragon (interflip version). Hope they make the same sounds too. That would rock.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It's a shame you did because I would give up every other pin I have/on order for this one based on what I've seen and what I know is coming.....

One of your few sensible posts. This knocks out your love of woz? I have faith in your decisions, finally.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You bet, if you get the chance, do it....some of the things so far being discussed are really exciting!..

Even though I have no vested interest in any of the new games, this is the one I'm most interested in seeing.

#31 11 years ago

bhza might be a good game but a good zombie game i doubt it. In order for something like zombies to succeed it needs to be very much rated R so to speak. We need tits, blood, gallons of it and nasty language.

TRASH IS TAKING HER CLOTHES OFF AGAIN!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

One of your few sensible posts. This knocks out your love of woz? I have faith in your decisions, finally.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night! Glad I'm finally making some sense..

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

bhza might be a good game but a good zombie game i doubt it. In order for something like zombies to succeed it needs to be very much rated R so to speak. We need tits, blood, gallons of it and nasty language.

It's hard to argue with any of that. BTW,I can't help but read all your posts in my head with the voice of Capt Spaulding.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

One of the best vampire movies....vampires and zombies have nothing to do with reality and that's the point, its entertainment and an Escape, nothing more, nothing less...

Actually, it IS nothing less, but a lot more. I won't put on my professor hat, but dismissively saying zombie fiction is nothing more than escapist fantasy is not doing the genre proper service.

#35 11 years ago

Of all the new game makers, I think JPOP's new BHZA has the most chance to be a game changer. It's boutique, unlicensed, a popular theme, and should skyrocket after release. I wish he could have released 500 or more. In any case, if what I've seen so far holds steady, I'll be early in line for his future releases. Alice, anyone?

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

In order for something like zombies to succeed it needs to be very much rated R so to speak. We need tits, blood, gallons of it and nasty language.

Yup, now that is what I was trying to say myself--you just succeeded way better! I see heads rollin' down the ramps!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Oh my god thank you! I am not alone in this universe. I love you man!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

Oh yeah, " Come in dispatch. Send... More...paramedics."

#38 11 years ago

Send. More. Paramedics.

Edit: You beat me to it!

You mean the movie lied?!

#39 11 years ago

Anyone can do gore. Coupling the zombie theme with a 50s retro feel in an amusement park setting is genius, in my opinion. I predict awesomeness from BHZA.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Send. More. Paramedics.
    Edit: You beat me to it!
    You mean the movie lied?!

You are right. Please, forgive my friends.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from vulture:

Anyone can do gore. Coupling the zombie theme with a 50s retro feel in an amusement park setting is genius, in my opinion. I predict awesomeness from BHZA.

And that's a great opinion. But I prefer the tits ,swearing, and gore. Bring on the next craze:

R-rated pinball! Yes! MAN TIME!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Yup, now that is what I was trying to say myself--you just succeeded way better! I see heads rollin' down the ramps!

I wouldn't trade what Jpop is doing with this pin but yeah......I'd love to see heads lopped off and rolling down the ramps and as much gore and skull crushing as you could fit in but it ain't happenin in this one...

Maybe Skit B will do it

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I wouldn't trade what Jpop is doing with this pin but yeah......I'd love to see heads lopped off and rolling down the ramps and as much gore and skull crushing as you could fit in but it ain't happenin in this one...
    Maybe Skit B will do it

How do you know that for sure iceman...on BHZA?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from slapshot:

How do you know that for sure iceman...on BHZA?

There is an on-going discussion daily with Jpop discussing ideas, etc....and its gonna be like what vulture said...but there are some unbelievably new great stuff that is already on the table...this pin will be great and groundbreaking...

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I know I'm looking at this toooooo seriously, but I wonder sometimes. When vast swaths of the populace become entertained, if not preoccupied, with the notion of dead human beings eating live ones, does this say anything about where society is at? Or headed? Pretty twisted!

I don't think it's that simple and shallow at all. In fact, I'd say the zombies aren't even that big of a deal. They're just the vehicle for what fans of the genre find most appealing: The reset of the human civilization. The end of an all-too-often hopeless and corrupt world. A chance to start over with a clean slate, and maybe to see the human species actually start to evolve again.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

There is an on-going discussion daily with Jpop discussing ideas, etc....and its gonna be like what vulture said...but there are some unbelievably new great stuff that is already on the table...this pin will be great and groundbreaking...

Huh, daily discussion?

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

But what about the most important thing: The fit & finish?

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from slapshot:

Huh, daily discussion?

We have a BHZA group that Jpop posts ideas, concepts, issues, pics etc for feedback and a lot of people chime in with some really good ideas....its basically constant updating from Jpop and a lot of cool stuff....

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

But what about the most important thing: The fit & finish?

Yep, that too

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I don't think it's that simple and shallow at all. In fact, I'd say the zombies aren't even that big of a deal. They're just the vehicle for what fans of the genre find most appealing: The reset of the human civilization. The end of an all-too-often hopeless and corrupt world. A chance to start over with a clean slate, and maybe to see the human species actually start to evolve again.

Well, that's exactly what I mean. Its really nihilistic. And as more and more people feel that way, civilization will surely crumble more and more rapidly. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that. I'm still hoping we can fix it, as opposed to blowing it up and staring over.

#50 11 years ago

Zombieland did a lot to breathe new life into the genre. But for a pin, what I'd most like to see is Resident Evil.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-has-no-one-made-a-cool-zombie-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.