(Topic ID: 258147)

Why has no modern manufacturer made another head to head pinball?

By Shoot_Again

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

It's simple forecasting and seeing that they probably won't sell. Stern wouldn't make one, but maybe a boutique may come to fruition one day.

The main problems are that not only does a head-to-head require a lot of space, but it requires 2 and only 2 people. Meanwhile, pinball can accommodate anywhere between 1-4 people at any given time, while taking up less space.

In another thread, I saw someone suggesting getting a Chexx over what I think was a Stranger Things. I recently did something similar, I got rid of my 4th pin I had in my basement and got a Chexx. The problem is that it's freggin way bigger than I thought! It's like 9' required for the game and space for both players (and it's wider too!). Therefore it's sort of the middle of the room instead up against a wall like pinball. Then you always need that 2nd person to play, and I'm sure many of us go to our game rooms alone more often than not. Chexx is cheaper than a NIB which is cool, but a head-to-head pinball will be just as expensive so it doesn't have that advantage either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-has-no-modern-manufacturer-made-another-head-to-head-pinball?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.