• Latest reply 1 year ago by Crans
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yuuup (resized).jpg
IMG_20190210_230213 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpetefromsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

So bring out the pitchforks. I am the guy that paid him on friends and family for a pin. Because we are friends. He needed the cash asap and that was the easiest way to get it into his hands. We live about 120 miles apart. I bought a game on Nov 11th from him. About Jan 10th I noticed a charge on my credit card for 1200.00 to GAME ROOM GU. I assumed it was GAME ROOM GUYS since I order a ton of stuff from them and at the time I was redoing a pin and building a virtual pin. So I contacted GAME ROOM GUYS and sent all the info over to them. They are awesome. They agreed that the purchase was not from them, and they helped initiate a fraud case. 4 weeks later I get a text, and fb message from CRAN wondering with the hell was up. And rightfully so. We know each other, but we don't know each other well enough. He explained that my payment was reported a fraud. My heart sank, because I immediately knew I reported it. Come to find out I payed his email on FF on PP, but the charge on my card was to GAME ROOM GU. I assumed the GU was just shorted for GUYS, come to find out CRAN's business Name is GAME ROOM GURU. I immediately called my CC and had the charge returned. I also offered to drive the cash to him.
Simple Mistake. As a buyer, I would say Paypal did right by me, it was a odd unintentional mistake. And on his end they did not freeze his account or remove money, they informed him. He looked into it and I made it right. No denying this was a royal pain in the ass for him. But I feel safer knowing that my CC and PP had my back incase of a fraud.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpetefromsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-friends-amp-family-pay-pal-is-not-safe?tu=pinballpetefromsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.