(Topic ID: 74894)

Why: Everyone I try to buy from- Wants top $; When I sell, expect below market?

By Cobray

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Don44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordnorth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

or respond to your WTB ads with prices that are historically over what the game usually sells for in the condition presented

I have never sold one of my pins, so I can't claim to be 100% knowledgeable on this subject but.....

In my opinion, any time someone has a WTB, that ALWAYS jacks the price up. Seems to me if someone actively WANTED to sell something they would have listed it for sale. WTB seeks out the one who don't really want to sell, but can be persuaded for the right price.

There are games that I have wanted, but I generally tried to avoid WTB ads and just did lots and lots and lots of looking through the for sale ads.

But what do I know......?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordnorth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-everyone-i-try-to-buy-from-wants-top-when-i-sell-expect-below-market?tu=lordnorth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.