(Topic ID: 74894)

Why: Everyone I try to buy from- Wants top $; When I sell, expect below market?

By Cobray

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Don44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Was talking to another pinhead about this, so I was curious to open up a discussion.. and whether it's a phenomenon in certain geographical regions, states, or ?

When looking to buy a game, all the sellers expect to get top dollar (or respond to your WTB ads with prices that are historically over what the game usually sells for in the condition presented) for their pins…

but when looking to buy yours, ask ridiculously low prices and low ball you?

Are you guys experiencing the same thing, or is this just because of the current market? Or are you "one of those guys" that does business as mentioned above?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

There is a pervasive pathological behaviour amongst a whole bunch of said people to simply "win" at the transaction. I personally start in the middle and if I get dimed I give a bit. But I usually only get moved a tiny amount as I start at the right price. As a result, the average time it takes me to buy or sell a pinball machine, or anything for that matter is about a day and everyone moves on happy. There are posts here where someone admits they walked away from their grail pin three years ago over the inability to adjust by $100. WTF is that all about. The desire to be not moved off their price is so high that it is actually the highest priority of the transaction. But that is not going to change. They are just like that. It's like pedants. They can't help it. Like I say, it's pathological. I think you have to simply know your market, and be the guy who yields a bit. I find that over time the result is you pretty much always get what you want. And you won't be keeping score anyway, cause you don't care that much about "winning" everytime you interact with another human being.

This seems right on, thanks.

The B.S. can just be a little to much when you try and deal fairly. Market has seemed to make it worse IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-everyone-i-try-to-buy-from-wants-top-when-i-sell-expect-below-market?tu=Cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.