Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zennmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

Someone puts a pin up for sale. I offer full asking price.... Never even get a response. Why do you even put it up? Even if you sold it already, take it down, maybe a reply of " it sold already".

To be fair, I live in an area where there is always chum in the water, and I haven't been into pins for THAT long, but so far I have never succeeded in buying a pin from a "For Sale" ad. I've been in second position by replying within 10 minutes of the ad being posted, and way off the back of the pack by replying within an hour.

By far my best luck has been with "wanted" ads, or by just letting my non-game friends know that I'm always looking.

It's definitely a seller's market right now.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I had people try to knock price down just because they had to drive 3 hours!!

Holy smokes, all I ask of someone within 6 hours of me is that they hold the game until I get there!

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

As a buyer, I sure as hell feel a reward in not having to carry thousands in cash to meet a stranger in person.

This.

Also, funny, true story:

Not long ago, I took my 12 year-old daughter along on a pickup, about 3 hours away (she loves it, and it's some great dad/daughter time). My bank has a branch in the supermarket 3 blocks from my house, and we stopped in to get cash and supplies for the road trip. It occurred to me that it was a completely accurate description that a man in his late 40s was getting a bunch of cash, and preparing to transport a minor across state lines in a white cargo van.

I half expected to hear an AMBER alert by the time I got to the seller's place.

Seriously, though, every single time I've made a pickup from a seller I didn't know, I have been incredibly conscious of how much green was in my pocket, and not in a good way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zennmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-even-try-to-buy-or-sell?tu=Zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.