Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think we're probably heading back down that way

Ask a question and they don't like it.????????

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

As a buyer, I sure as hell feel a reward in not having to carry thousands in cash to meet a stranger in person.

This.

Also, funny, true story:

Not long ago, I took my 12 year-old daughter along on a pickup, about 3 hours away (she loves it, and it's some great dad/daughter time). My bank has a branch in the supermarket 3 blocks from my house, and we stopped in to get cash and supplies for the road trip. It occurred to me that it was a completely accurate description that a man in his late 40s was getting a bunch of cash, and preparing to transport a minor across state lines in a white cargo van.

I half expected to hear an AMBER alert by the time I got to the seller's place.

Seriously, though, every single time I've made a pickup from a seller I didn't know, I have been incredibly conscious of how much green was in my pocket, and not in a good way.

#53 5 years ago

Be aware that I had someone send me money for an item once and sent it paypal. I saw the email come through verifying payment. I was leary for some reason so I logged into paypal to make sure the money was free and clear, and low and behold no money. Seems the email came from a fake paypal address and looked very legitimate.

#54 5 years ago

Some sellers will only text , F#%K that!! I would just as soon pass on buying a machine if i can't talk to a human being. What's up, do you think your going to get raped over the phone ya bunch of mary's.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Wish I was joking. Guy lived 30 minutes away, wanted $20 off a $6k pin. My wife, son and I packed it in his truck while he watched ( he was my age and healthy). I mentioned a hand would be nice and he just stood there.
Fucking concierge service while you wait MFer.
THEN... he forgets one of the mods on a table and wants it mailed to him. About $20 bucks to mail it iirc.
One and only Jackass I ever sold to. Banned him here on PS, he pissed me off so much.
Everyone else without exception was fantastic to deal with. Even kept up communications with quite a few years later.

Still got your Scared Stiff you sold me man! lol

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I thought everyone loved electronic money. Hell what do you think a credit card is?? I still rather pay with cash if I can.

Too many potentials for the Buyer to say the Seller misrepresented the Item.....

#57 5 years ago

ive sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff over paypal and had zero issues at all. ive also carried more than 27k to purchase a bunch of games/pins before, and i really didnt like the idea of driving 8 hours with a bag full of cash money. Also even if i give you an answer you dont like, or a smart ass answer, i still give an answer. "it sold" "pending sale" "pending pick up" or "i dont like your name so im not selling" hell something. even the old " you tried to lowball me so hard, that now i refuse to sell to you even if you overpay" works.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

As a buyer, I sure as hell feel a reward in not having to carry thousands in cash to meet a stranger in person.

I haven't had to do this yet, but I agree that idea terrify me. I've had good luck though: one purchase with PayPal (shipped!), another with a personal check (shipped!), and a third with a cashier check (delivered locally). I've been rolling the dice I guess...

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I had people try to knock price down just because they had to drive 3 hours!!

So what? I just sold a game for below asking to a great guy that made a long trip. He mentioned the long trip he had to take, asked for a discount, I gave it to him. What’s the big deal?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Some sellers will only text , F#%K that!! I would just as soon pass on buying a machine if i can't talk to a human being. What's up, do you think your going to get raped over the phone ya bunch of mary's.

I do not do this, but it gives them leverage. They can field several offers and just wait to respond. They are sort of timebound when talking live.
Again, not agreeing with it but I think that is why.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

ive sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff over paypal and had zero issues at all. ive also carried more than 27k to purchase a bunch of games/pins before, and i really didnt like the idea of driving 8 hours with a bag full of cash money. Also even if i give you an answer you dont like, or a smart ass answer, i still give an answer. "it sold" "pending sale" "pending pick up" or "i dont like your name so im not selling" hell something. even the old " you tried to lowball me so hard, that now i refuse to sell to you even if you overpay" works.

You have to really be careful about carrying that kind of cash. Thanks to relatively loose search and seizure laws, the police can take that money from you when they pull you over; all they have to do is suspect you may be using it for something illegal. No evidence required. It's insanity. Numerous examples of this have been published over the years, and nothing ever changes.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

ive sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff over paypal and had zero issues at all. ive also carried more than 27k to purchase a bunch of games/pins before,....

Yeah but what's the max you've spend or sold in dirt?

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Still got your Scared Stiff you sold me man! lol

You were one of the top 10 I ever dealt with. Glad your still rockin’ Elvira’s world!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You have to really be careful about carrying that kind of cash. Thanks to relatively loose search and seizure laws, the police can take that money from you when they pull you over; all they have to do is suspect you may be using it for something illegal. No evidence required. It's insanity. Numerous examples of this have been published over the years, and nothing ever changes.

And the other 95% of cops would ask a few questions and let it be. I know alot of officers, they are stand up guys and ladies. Attitude of suspect is key, as well as location and timing, I’m sure, but common sense may have to be part of anyone’s planning travel strategy as well as bank receipts. Anything to help law enforcement in the moment.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Attitude of suspect is key... Anything to help law enforcement in the moment.

Don't help a roadside bandit even if they're wearing a uniform. Stealing is wrong and should be deterred.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Don't help a roadside bandit even if they're wearing a uniform. Stealing is wrong and should be deterred.

I’m not going to turn this into a good cop/ bad cop discussion. You know what I mean.

#67 5 years ago

civil asset forfeiture

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 72.50
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-even-try-to-buy-or-sell/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.