Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Choose the reasons you don’t attend pinball shows”

• Too expensive 29 votes
      6%
    • Too far away/distance 123 votes
      27%
    • Body odor/ strange smells 43 votes
      9%
    • Middle age men wearing Velcro shoes 22 votes
      5%
    • Don’t like big crowds 59 votes
      13%
    • Too noisy/can’t hear games 31 votes
      7%
    • Too many germs-unwashed hands 23 votes
      5%
    • No tournaments 5 votes
      1%
    • Too many tournaments 14 votes
      3%
    • Quality of games in free play area 28 votes
      6%
    • Too few games available 24 votes
      5%
    • Lack of advertising 4 votes
      1%
    • Wife/husband won’t let you go 9 votes
      2%
    • Hotel prices/multiple night stay 29 votes
      6%
    • Can’t get off work 16 votes
      3%

(Multiple choice - 459 votes by 210 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

929C6E2B-085A-499C-80DF-765C6458240C (resized).jpeg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

This is the only way we are going to grow this hobby we all love. I

I would say growing the hobby has been detrimental in many ways. Manufacturers (some) make less durable machines and sell for higher prices.

1500 dollar machines go to 3000-4000 in a years time. Every time I look it seems a B-Title has went up 1000 or more.

Growing the hobby caused the rise of ruthless Flippers who contributed to price increases and machines in the wrong hands (storage units / warehouses)

If the end result is thousands of units being produced and placed in Public location for all to enjoy like the heyday of Bally/Williams I'm all for it. It will also ensure a future supply of used games someone will reproduce boards for at an affordable price.

What is going on now is not good for "The Hobby". Every Title that is even halfway good suddenly has an inflated price, working or not.

Shows are fine with me, the question as perceived was why I don't.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Still gottem!
    [quoted image]

Trip-resistant!

#53 4 years ago

Multi-day packages as a requirement to play A and B titles without a long wait.

#54 4 years ago

I’ve been to every Pintastic New England since it started. I look forward to it all year. It’s worth it just to all the machines in one place. As long as it continues I will always go. There are negatives to the experience but that goes with any large coordinated effort to get everything and everybody together and try to make as many people happy as you can. You will never make everybody happy. There are things about the show I would do differently. But I don’t put on a show so there you go. Gabe and company are great about taking suggestions and criticisms and making tweaks if they decide it needs one. Work is really the only thing keeping me from spending the whole weekend there and bringing games.

#55 4 years ago

My local pin buddies and I are 3.25 hours from Allentown and 2.5 hours from York. With one spring and one fall, that's enough for us. Plus we're all project game/restorer types and what show is better than Pinfest for projects/parts and parking lot deals?

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I’ve been to every Pintastic New England since it started. I
    look forward to it all year. It’s worth it just to all the machines
    in one place. As long as it continues I will always go. There are
    negatives to the experience but that goes with any large
    coordinated effort to get everything and everybody together and try
    to make as many people happy as you can. You will never make
    everybody happy. There are things about the show I would do
    differently. But I don’t put on a show so there you go. Gabe and
    company are great about taking suggestions and criticisms and
    making tweaks if they decide it needs one. Work is really the only
    thing keeping me from spending the whole weekend there and bringing
    games.

Thank you for the kind words. But I can’t take all the credit. We now have a team of 12 key people that run different aspects of Pintastic. That’s only the full time volenteers. Pintastic is a 12 month a year job, I’m not even kidding a little bit. We have had over 30 confrence calls and 4 face to face meetings for this years show. But we beleve pre planning is very important so when it’s time for the main event things will run smooth and people will love it.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-dont-you-attend-pinball-shows/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.