(Topic ID: 343367)

Why don't you subscribe youtube channels?

By miglea85

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you subscribe youtube channels?”

• What is Youtube? 4 votes
      6%
    • I don't use/have youtube account. 6 votes
      9%
    • I use youtube but i don't subscribe pinball related channels. 21 votes
      31%
    • I will subscribe some youtube channels now. 2 votes
      3%
    • I'm already subscribing some/all youtube channel. 34 votes
      51%

(67 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230915_135441_YouTube (resized).jpg
    youtube subscribers (resized).png
    year (resized).png
    overall (resized).png
    #1 10 months ago

Hi all,

Are there any reason for you to not subscribe youtube channels?

These channels are the must see youtube videos for me. They are the way for me to see the most accurate and high quality pinball related information as they are created directly from the source.

Here on Pinside we are +100k users that logged on at least once and 35k who have logged on in the past year as you can see bellow or filter yourself.
    overall (resized).pngoverall (resized).png

year (resized).pngyear (resized).png

Nevertheless, the exclusive pinball related youtube channel with more subscribers is Stern and PAPApinball with only 22k subscribers each.
    youtube subscribers (resized).pngyoutube subscribers (resized).png

After search Pinside for youtube channel threads, I've only found a 11 years old thread to share your youtube channels. Please feel free to share your youtube channel here and at least I will follow you.

#2 10 months ago

Tnt Amusements
    Pinball Mayhem
    Joe's Classic Video games/pinball
    Classic Arcade repair.

And occasionally rcade radio ( more of a arcade podcast)

#3 10 months ago

Because I prefer reading, examining pictures or schematics in my own tempo to learn things.
    That way I have a better understanding than being told from a dark, noisy basement with bad sound what is going on.
    I also don't have to sit through advertisments or sales pitches.

#4 10 months ago

Re Stern YouTube, I do not see much on there that would appeal to me

PAPA, I look at if I want to find out how to play a game

#5 10 months ago

I really only watch Straight Down the Middle. Their videos helped me make decisions on pins and specific versions to get.

I like news and reviews, prefer to learn about shots on my own. After owning a pin for a few months I will start watching gameplay videos.

As for subscriptions… I really just go look for what I want. I’m not interested in watching gameplay and rules tutorial for a game I’m not interested in.

#6 10 months ago

I like STDM and that Cary Hardy guy.

#7 10 months ago

Just bought the latest gopro to add content to my YouTube page. Mostly have mtn bike videos up now. However as the weather gets colder I plan on showcasing each pin in my collection one at a time.17 in total.
    Right now it's an amateur hour mess, but going forward I plan on doing a little better. It's basically just for friends and family and will always be somewhat lame and unprofessional so don't expect much if you visit.

Tomspinball7561

Screenshot_20230915_135441_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230915_135441_YouTube (resized).jpg
    #8 10 months ago

I'll usually subscribe and throw a like to the pinball channels, it helps them out since they don't typically get a ton of traffic

#9 10 months ago

Pinball videos on YouTube are insufferable, I try but end up wanting to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.
    And they are hours long, who watches this stuff? For hours? I just don't get it.
    B

#10 10 months ago

Because I have my own reaction, don’t need to see someone else’s.

#11 10 months ago

I sub to any channel I like and decide I want to see more content from

#12 10 months ago
    Quoted from F__U:

I plan on showcasing each pin in my collection one at a time.17

F_U

#13 10 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Tnt Amusements
    Pinball Mayhem
    Joe's Classic Video games/pinball
    Classic Arcade repair.
    And occasionally rcade radio ( more of a arcade podcast)

Joe and Todd/TNT crew are the only people I actually enjoy watching. They have funny, informative YouTube videos that don’t cater to the annoying algorithm tricks that everyone else uses.

They do their own thing and it is enjoyable to watch.

#14 10 months ago

I find most of the channels that have been mentioned to be painfully boring.

#15 10 months ago

I understand and share many of your comments. Nevertheless, at least the channels I shared in the first topic they don't upload in daily basis but it is a good source for me to keep updated in this hobby.

#16 10 months ago

I subscribe to a bunch of youtube channels, pinball and otherwise. Don't have to time to watch all of it, but there's always something interesting waiting for me. If I'm gonna ride the algorithm, I should at least try to steer the ship.

#17 10 months ago

I try not to even log in to Youtube unless I am uploading or editing something. Just another tracker that I don't need or want. I can search for what I want to see just fine.

#18 10 months ago

Only the entertaining ones.

#19 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

You'll love my monkey videos.

The CGC pinball ones are informative.

LTG : )

#20 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Watching me faceplant into the track might be entertaining to some. Put me out of action for the last 9 weeks and into the near future. Adrenaline only last so long, then reality sets in. Tried to copy the link to my page but had to settle for the picture of the url above. If you find your way click on video titled "Wipeout jack o diamonds trexler bike park.

#21 10 months ago

I find most pinball YouTube channels boring. Too much new stuff. Too much game play. I’ll watch all of Joes arcade and Todd’s TNT. There are a couple of vintage arcade restore/fix channels I watch.

#22 10 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You'll love my monkey videos.
    The CGC pinball ones are informative.

Where's your Patreon?

#23 10 months ago
    Quoted from F__U:

Watching me faceplant into the track might be entertaining to some. Put me out of action for the last 9 weeks and into the near future. Adrenaline only last so long, then reality sets in. Tried to copy the link to my page but had to settle for the picture of the url above. If you find your way click on video titled "Wipeout jack o diamonds trexler bike park.

Can't find it, but would love to your faceplant.

#24 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Where's your Patreon?

Don't have one.

People have helped me in the past. Mid 2000's when everything crashed a Spiderman pin, later refresh and covid. I feel they've given enough. I won't ask for more.

And if I'd known the fall out from the pin, I wouldn't have accepted it.

#25 10 months ago

I could watch iepinball all day. His content is amazing.

#26 10 months ago

I subscribe to a ton of them, must be 400 including classic arcade. Some are great, some less so, but whatever, it's all free and is a nice range of topics to scroll through when getting into bed at night. Twitch is okay, but please all you Twitch people, crossload your stuff to youtube! You don't have to pay money for video storage unlike Twitch, the search is better, there's public playlists, etc. It's a bummer reading about some great pinball or arcade play/history/whatever, going to the Twitch link, and seeing it long gone, which happens a lot.

#27 10 months ago

What is needed is a channel like 'Whatever' where we explain pinball to OnlyFans models

#28 10 months ago

If all videos were the wife version. This is verbatim what the husband also posted:

#29 10 months ago

Because what should be a 5 minute video, always ends up being 20-30 minutes of unnecessary intros, ads, annoying music and blabbering.

#30 10 months ago

Because honestly, I play pinball with my free time. I'll occasionally watch a live stream if a friend is competing and I can't attend, and I'll also occasionally watch a tutorial, but there's no way I want to listen to people talking about pinball. I can only watch streams for so long before I have to play. It's torture. Quit talking and start chalking.

#31 10 months ago

YouTube is my primary source of entertainment. I don't have cable or any streaming services. I do have amazon prime video that I use to occasionally watch movies I guess, or antenna to watch football, otherwise almost all the media I consume is YouTube.

#32 10 months ago

They don't have subscribers because this is a very niche interest. Also pinball doesn't translate to youtube well, watching someone else play pinball, on youtube, doesn't work. Usually a top down camera which isn't how pinball is meant to be viewed. Also because it's so niche, there isn't really a lot of people doing it, which limits the creativity.

#33 10 months ago

I'm such a computer dumbass can't even post a link here. In my defense I only use my phone to go online.

If you go to YouTube and hit search type in...

tom'spinball@tomspinball7561

It should work.

Or Google

tom'spinball@[email protected]

no capital letters

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.