5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mwc (resized).png
    golden_state.jpg
    28B3BDEE-A7B7-41CE-80DD-58D65A1420A8.gif
    5D92F1EB-A97C-486D-9442-71A1E1FC1A03 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

To add, when was the last time we saw any wireforms from Stern?

Aerosmith & Kiss

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I heard the next Stern will have 3 subways and more toys than TZ

True, but sadly that will eat into the already low BOM for coil counts...so most likely they will be hand/lever operated.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

A bit of an aside, but I'm surprised a mod maker hasn't come up with some way to redirect that kickout to not be so lethal.

mod makers would just be showing Stern how to make an ass on mod so fix their shotty designs
    They've already ruined the (horrible but relevant) topper market.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

for us the old school pinheads subways are cool and adds much more fun to the game,i know not a lot of people will agree but its something i grew up with while playing pinball way back in the good old days

Yeah but it's sooooooo confusing

#70 5 years ago

This isn't super difficult... It's not the subway itself that's cool, whom gives a shit, it's the ability to make more creative designs on the PF (you may have heard peeps are kind of tired of the similar PFs).
    Cant have a piano shot without a subway, can't shoot a STTNG cannon in a scoop without a subway, Cant have a whirpool without a subway.... Etc

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

You guys are crazy if you think subways aren't confusing for inexperienced players. Ever watch a newb play CFTBL? Right into the drain without flipping.

Have you ever played a Stern today? Fucking scoops sent the ball SDTM most the time anyway ... They already added a ball saver when it happens so what's the difference? It happens a few times and you learn it.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

The difference is obvious, with a scoop the ball comes out of the same hole that it went into.

Missed my point. I understand you think people are so dumb they can't move their head 2 inches one way or the other, but they'll learn.
    There's 2 kinds of noobs ; one that will be confused by anything and play once and leave, and those that want to learn. They'll figure it out.

#84 5 years ago

Haha, baby time.

Anyway, for the grown ups, I think your making it more confusing than it needs to be. Subways usually lead to the same place. Take TZ, we know when the ball "disappears" it's going to come out of the slot machine. When it disappears in No Fear, it's coming out to the right flipper...it's repeatable and people can pick it up pretty quick. Sure of course some dumbasses will never learn but as it was mentioned before these poeple cant even launch the ball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-doesn%e2%80%99t-stern-use-subways?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.