(Topic ID: 102486)

Why does the hobbyist not want to put a game on route/location?

By ZenTron

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

locationlocationlocation.jpg
    moosestash.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 9 years ago

I would say I'm one of the hobbyist who have done this.I provide many of the pinballs on location in Charlottesville Va,currently 14 with 2 more to set up this month at a new location.I feel better calling it a hobby cause with a business you are suppose to make money.
    For me the hardest thing is fixing the games on site.I pretty much set aside time on the weekends to tend to this being I have another business to run during the week.It kills me to have a game out of order so I try to stay up on it.When I go out to do service I load up with tools and parts I might need, which most of the time don't have - requiring a second trip.When I get to the location it is usually busy and as soon as I get the playfield up it draws a crowd.Everybody wants to know what's wrong with it,what does this do,what does that do. No matter where I go someone is always there that has an uncle that used to work on pinballs.God forbid I look stumped or perplexed because then they want to share stupid solutions.If I have to go to the car for a part,the whole game has to be put back together,glass on and locked up or someone will have their fingers in it when I get back.
    One horror story that happened the other week could have shut me down.I had my tools spread out on the floor working on a pinball.A little boy came running through the store and tripped over my tool box.He went airborne and l watched as his face missed the leg of the pinball by an inch.I had to go sit down for a bit and just think about this boy with a scar on his face for the rest of his life and how much I would be sued for.

#65 9 years ago

Some positives for me is watching people enjoy playing a game after I have worked hard to fix it.After a service call I always put free games on them just to watch them play.It also feels good when someone comes up and thanks you for providing playable pinballs for the area.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-the-hobbyist-not-want-to-put-a-game-on-routelocation?tu=brz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.