(Topic ID: 319865)

why does Stern take so active action in preventing asset modifications

By Ashram56

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 1 year ago

"These mods enhance the games"

Oh do they?

Mod guys are pretty arrogant... 95% of mods don't enhance much of anything.

Just be glad its a small enough market where they don't sue or go after people...

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

The problem is people share work that they didn't do on their own and the really dumb ones try to monetize it.
    No way Universal hasn't noticed hundreds of people sharing the real footage mod for Jurassic Park and said "what the hell" to Gary

This stuff is my favorite.

The guys who make mods and ignore all intellectual property or copywrite law and then complain if someone copies them.

How dare someone bootleg my bootleg art. Hypocritical A-holes.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like the guy, but this reminds me of Franchi selling art/prints to stuff he doesn't have a license to and how much time he spends trying to take down bootleg tshirts and stuff with his art on it. Listening to him explain his version of getting let go from Stern is pure facepalm.

They all do that shit... make mods based on property they don't own the rights to work with.

Then act like a victim when they get shit for it or god forbid someone "copies" their bootleg bullshit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-stern-take-so-active-action-in-preventing-asset-modifications?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.