Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#20 4 years ago

They sponsor everything so good luck. As long as he gives to podcast and shows they will let him do whatever I'm sure. I cant believe people buy that stuff. I fell for it when he first started selling and it was a waste of money.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

The thing that always bothered me about pinstadium, a certain company I wont name, but likes to refine pinballs, made a cheaper version of side lights. Two styles, one was 60 and the other was 70. Took them down after about a week. Pinstadium loyalists were screaming on the forums how it was a rip off and that's bad business. I guess forcing any competition out and spamming every game with ads is good business.

Yes, this is actually what turned me against them.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Frankly, I've never really paid any attention to the advertisements in the marketplace. But I do know that this guy is a marketing genius compared to most of the hobby and he's responsive, which is more than I can say for a lot of vendors. I sent out an email a couple months ago on my website to a bunch of vendors, and the only one who responded was Pinstadium. You know why he succeeds? Because he's relentless and driven to succeed. Possibly over the top, but you have to give the guy credit for building a business from scratch and delivering good service to everyone. And I don't even own any of his products, but I've seen him build his business up here.

You can have great responsiveness and not blast the site with ads. It is common sense marketing not geniousness. The problem is we are a small niche market and he vomets all over it. He can dial it back a lot and still be fine.

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

So many people do not like pinstadiums... How the hell did they win the TWIPY's best mod two years in a row?
    What a joke!

$$$$$ - dude sponsors everything. He buys them votes.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I have some Pinstadium’s and having them fall off has been a big “gotcha” that I didn’t anticipate! Scott has supported me, however it’s been a PITA. I see Pinstadium Hover’s as the “bug fix”, however Scott is charging $40 IIRC for the new/improved mounts. Considering the price of the product, it’s a huge slap in the face to his existing customers. I’ve voiced this on the other Pinstadium thread and didn’t get much sympathy. I refuse to pay $40 for the bug fix and don’t plan anymore Pinstadium purchases until Scott changes his strategy. I don’t mind paying “up” for great products, however Pinstadium’s magna-mounts were buggy from day 1.

they are horrible. I got a set for WOZ and hated them. Having to remove them to lift the playfield was a joke. The app was basic and nothing special. they did not have molex connectors for hook up, so you had to shove these wires down inside other molex connectors for setup. I for sure felt like I got bent over. I fell for his crap early. Ended up taking them off and left in bottom of cabinet for next owner.

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

What I find “illuminating” is that every time this post gets bumped to the top, he posts something redundant on his thread. I’ve often considered his advertisements spam but just went with the flow. Glad someone mentioned it.

I actually felt weird reading his last days worth of post. I kind of felt bad for him, because he was trying so hard.

#412 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Can't we just agree that the pinstadium folks that think every game needs them are crazy, and that the people losing their minds and hating on pinstadium are crazy, and that pinball people in general are just mostly crazy.

agreed

#487 4 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

where are those people that posted “good or bad, he is the king of marketing because you’re talking about his product”....well, here’s a reason why that isn’t always the smartest play sometimes...haha

yep, brought a little too much attention to himself.

#498 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

"Darren" is Scott Helterbridle's middle name.

Agreed, and that is what I am trying to figure out. He has 4 aliases...that's not a good start.

I am not cool with this, anyone who intentionally tries to disguise themselves or use aliases to hide stuff in the business world bothers me a lot. One thing I can't stand is a thief and I am not saying Scott did all those things but he is sure looking guilty. I don't care if it was 10 days or 10 years ago it shows his character.

#508 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What is he hiding? Some people just hate their name.
    My kids are probably going to go by an alias at some point, because all three are named after Simpsons characters (True story).

LOL.

with me having woodard as a last name, woody become nickname very early in life. Way before toy story was ever dreamed of...

#522 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thinking back it was a pinside detective, can't remember who, that found it on another website and linked it here right after it was announced he was hired. . Not much different than how it turned out to be. The whole pinside post and link got deleted real quick I believe and I don't remember the website is was on.
    Edit- found it!
    http://www.performancepinball.com/news/stern-pinball-hires-legendary-pinball-designerjohn-trudeau#.XUs54PJKiM8

Dang, that was all the way back in 2013 and I guess Stern ignored it.

#527 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I always knew you were up to something Woody, or should I call you Ron you sneaky devil. What are you hiding over there????

LOTS of stuff, but I provide good customer service.

I can't confirm nor deny that there might be a DUI in there from the college years.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.