76 days ago

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 74 days ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 85 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#93 76 days ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

How many other ads, percentage wise, are not pin stadiums? The server doesn’t run for free. Would you rather pay money for a monthly subscription to pinside than to see these ads? Be honest. Especially those without the donation heart ❤️

A monthly subscription isn't going to happen. At least I can block the ads. I haven't seen one of those goofy Pinstadium ads with the weird robot guy in a long time. I was surprised to see this topic, then I turned off my ad-blocker to see how bad it really was...... Damn..... That is brutal. Thank god for ad-block.

#181 75 days ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Perhaps you'd be interested in my new product. It's compatible with all versions of Pinstadium. It even works when you're playing next to a pin with Pinstadium. IFPA approved. Mountable headlamp coming soon.
    [quoted image]

Can I get it powder coated to match my game? Where do I mount my sweet LED cup holder to it?

#185 75 days ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

First order going out!
    [quoted image]

Sooooo close, I was really hoping the LEDS were a warm white, and not cool white.

Bonus points for the sweet ‘merica pattern though.

#334 74 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

If I knew then what I know now... I would have never Added the game to the pinside database.

You can have the game removed if you are truly bothered by it.

It’s Robin’s site, no one is holding you hostage here. Pull it all, no way you should be “disrespected” by anyone here.

#349 74 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I specifically asked that - if the ads can't be removed. It's clear that you haven't really read this thread.

Oh, I have read it and watched it evolve in real time.... Here is the TLDR version of the thread-

- Guy points out there is a shitload of Robot Light icons down at the bottom of every page
    - Another 150 guys acknowledge that the Robot Light icons are abusive and still very confusing
    - Robot Light guy gets super nervous about the negative PR and starts posting random lonely posts in the Sandbox he has been restricted to.
    - Weird super sensitive Parking ticket guy steps in to lead a crusade against Robot Light guy and how he has been disrespected on a website owned by someone else.
    - Weird super sensitive parking ticket guy somehow manages to make Robot Light guy look like an actual normal person in this whole fiasco.
    - Nothing is accomplished, everyone that is chemically balanced has a good laugh, and everyone else is making a trip to their local hardware store to make sure they have plenty of pitchforks for their upcoming crusade.

#372 74 days ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

I agree. I’d love it if ralphwiggum did this for other threads.

Its a translation tool I acquired by having three children that will argue about the stupidest shit known to mankind. I will repeat back their arguments using this same translation technique to illustrate how stupid they sound. I have been looking for my father of the year award, but it has yet to show up, must have been misplaced in the mail somewhere.

I am not surprised how easily it works on this forum at times....

#466 74 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

he's done a good job of covering his tracks

Listen to this guy Whysnow..... He knows what he is talking about. After his failed startup at the "Human Fund" he has been running a successful mysterious Architecture firm for many years....
    Capture (resized).PNG

#482 74 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think it may help to better understand the business practices that some on here very vocally support

Do you have experience with his business practices? It looks like almost to a fault, his customer service is fantastic. I haven't seen anyone here state they were getting ripped off by him. This "other" business makes zero sense to post (regardless if it is accurate or not). Some people can be completely different based on what they are doing. Hell, there are even some people that come across as total tool-bags on the internet, and are somewhat okay in real life.

Put the pitchfork down, this guy hasn't done anything to burn the pinball community (except maybe their retinas).

#490 74 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I have moral issues spending money with people who are known to take advantage of or scam others, regardless of it being the same business or another business with common ownership. It's quite pertinent to this discussion.

That's totally fair, and I understand that, but what do you actually know about Scott? I don't know anything about him, but if I were basing it on two reviews from 10 years ago from people who feel they were ripped off by his service, I wouldn't be super quick to jump on the "burn Scott to the ground" bandwagon.

Ultimately everyone votes with their wallet, and all of it is personal choice, but I would slow walk this one a bit based on 1)Who is shaking the hornets nest 2)How much I (not ralphwiggum, but you yourself) actually know about Scott.

#497 74 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just putting it out there.

Why?

Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe it is pertinent to the discussion

How?

I am trying to follow along with this logic and I am still coming to the same dead end.

Here is where I am at-
    A random guy on the internet sells super bright lights at a marked up price

Almost to a T, everyone who has purchased these super bright lights sings his praises. He has literally walked on water with his customer service (even though he really didn't, people just have blind spots in their eyes from using his products)

He has other business(es) in his life other than pinball (hard for me to believe, I know), and one of those businesses had two poor reviews from 10 years ago

Those two reviews may (or may not) be from people that don't always make the best decisions financially, or actually understand how finances work (not stating this as fact, but it has been known to happen in that industry)

What am I missing?
    Please tell me that Pinstadiums are made from Baby Seals, then you will have something I can actually understand.

#500 74 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I am not cool with this, anyone who intentionally tries to disguise themselves or use aliases to hide stuff in the business world bothers me a lot. One thing I can't stand is a thief and I am not saying Scott did all those things but he is sure looking guilty. I don't care if it was 10 days or 10 years ago it shows his character.

What is he hiding? Some people just hate their name.

My kids are probably going to go by an alias at some point, because all three are named after Simpsons characters (True story).

#507 74 days ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Is one BORT ?[quoted image]

That would have been awesome.... To clarify a bit only one's first name is a Simpsons character (Otto), the other two have Simpsons middle names.

I fought tooth and nail to get my kids named after Cletus' kids, but didn't win that battle.... I still feel like I won though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.99
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside