Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Advertisers should only link products to games they work for. You would still see one Pinstadium ad for any modern-era pin search, but at least it wouldn't be 75% of the results.

No, because Pinstadiums can be mounted to games from any era or manufacturer. And because they offer basic Pinstadiums, Fusions (Pinstadiums with multiple flasher connections), optional Hover mounts, optional Invisi-shields, and the upcoming optional Blur, there could still be several Pinstadium ads for virtually each and every pin in the Pinside database. Even a lot of the proponents of adding Pinstadiums think this is just too much advertising.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Color LEDs for GI lighting is just as bad as far as splitting the masses.

But excessively colored GI is done by individual pin owners. There is no vendor to either like or hate as with Pinstadiums.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I run mine at maybe 5-10% which is just enough to lift the shadows and reduce reflections from the room.

I think full brightness reduces the effectiveness of a game's light show. I slowly dial up my Pinstadiums until the playfield artwork starts to show up better then I stop and set it there, leaving room for the game's flashers to still stand out. I like the product, but do not like the Pinstadium advertising overload. I am okay with what Scott posts in the one Pinstadium thread, though, since he is mostly responding to people's questions on where to connect in certain games or announcing updates and additions to his products there. If you don't like his products you don't have to even look in that thread.

Quoted from o-din:

Games were fine and easy to see as long as the bulbs all worked and the inserts were clean. But lets get rid of all the incandescents that spread light around and put in LEDs.

I was a late convert to LEDs in my games. I liked the incandescents fine in my WMS games until I bought a newer Stern that came with LEDs and it made all the games around it look dim in comparison.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

1 down vote and the targets reset.

I'm on it!

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

But are those LED candles, or in-candle-escents?

Nice pun. Nobody can hold a candle to you, eh?

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I'm starting a company named pinball pimp that supplies women wearing these.

Quoted from wolverinetuner:

The Baffle Ball mod could be marketed as Pin-Candleabra.

You're too late. JayDee already trademarked his pinball pimp product as the PinCandlea-Bra.

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

False logic there, as the creator is often constrained by budget reasons.

Or limited to the technology at the time. The great WMS games of the '90s would come with LEDs if they were made today.
    In fact, the remakes do.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Where's your car parked? I have a sticker I want to put on it to advertise for my business.

So not the same thing. You are the one who is coming off badly by the insulting nature of your incessant posts on this.

Quoted from jgentry:

So this guy broke in your house and installed pinstadium lighting on your homebrew?

Now that would be the equivalent thing.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

It's not unreasonable for me to expect that when I added my worklogs and the game to the database that it would not be used as a marketing vehicle for some other dudes crap. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Do you make a lighting product that competes with Pinstadiums? If not, then since Scott can assist customers in hooking up Pinstadiums to just about any type of electrical pinball machine he should be able to supply a kit that would connect to and work with your homebrew game. Since you would be the only potential customer and you are clearly not interested in Scott's products this will never lead to a Pinstadium sale. But I see no real harm being done to you.

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You would be ok with anyone using your hard work to "endorse" a product you don't care for.

Anyone offering a product that will work on or with someone else's product does not mean the original person is endorsing anything.

#518 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Anyone offering a product that will work on or with someone else's product does not mean the original person is endorsing anything.

Quoted from robin:

Pinside shop items linking to certain games does not mean the manufacturer of said games endorses said items.
    Please don't tell me I need to add a disclaimer for that.

Just like I said.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-?tu=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.