73 days ago

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 70 days ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 85 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#155 72 days ago

I don’t get the hate for pinstadium lights as a concept, though I completely get the hate for the spam they pump out. It’s ridiculous how often you see their advertisements, especially when searching irrelevant topics!!

I’ve made my own versions which do the same job at a 10th of the price. I love them.

Using “pinstadium” lighting or whatever you want to call them 100% makes a positive improvement. Reduces reflections, boosts contrast and colour saturation and often negates the need or desire for anti-reflective glass. And this works whether the room is dark or light. Gameplay is much easier, all of a sudden you can actually see the ball in areas you previously couldn’t. To me it’s plain to see.

For the $20-$30 it costs to make them, its a no brainer, dial the strength up or down till you’re happy... job done!

#158 72 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm fine with the concept, but won't go near any games that actually have them. Seriously.

Because of their blatant spamming??

#174 72 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, because I prefer things that look good and don't clutter up an otherwise perfectly good game, and I value my eyesight.
    The spamming must be because they are having a hard time selling them. Word of mouth and seeing them in person must not be doing it.

I also value my eyesight. The good thing is, on mine, and I’m assuming on the pinstadiums, you can dial the volume up and down. I run mine at maybe 5-10% which is just enough to lift the shadows and reduce reflections from the room. I’d hazard a guess and say the ones you saw were on max which looks flipp’n ridiculous.

The upper loop shot on my Funhouse was so difficult to hit prior to adding the lighting. The ball would just appear out of the dark.

So yep at full volume, they’re incredibly distasteful, tacky and cheap looking, but at the right complimentary amount I dig em.

#175 72 days ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

I assume yours aren't controlled by any sort of intelligent controller based on RGB inputs from the game lighting? I don't know his products well, but like I said I removed them from a game I bought and they aren't just RGB strips. They are likely addressable strips and some sort of microcontroller which takes inputs from the game lighting to create responsive lighting. Much more than just a RGB controller and some strips. If I made something like he did I would charge at least $150 for them, if not more. The products have a place for people who can't make their own and want the kind of advanced control he provides in a complete product. Don't know why this is a thread about the quality or viability of the product, some people like and some don't, who cares. Just don't spam the place all up and we can all live in peace.

Nup, mine are pretty basic, you can dial in an RGB colour if you want, or simply white or warm white to boost ambient on darker games. Especially with LED GI and Insert games, the boost of ambient makes it easier on the eyes.

#195 71 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird, It's almost like everyone doesn't agree with that? Maybe that's where the 20K fucking posts arguing back and forth are aboot?

Ah yes the "dark ages" of pinball! I remember none of us could hit the upper loop in Funhouse till lighting was added! Why did we play it all the decades?

Heaven f’n forbid someone having a differing view. It’s idiocy or sheer stubbornness to discount or discredit what appropriate extra lighting can add, be it pinstadiums, DIY versions or whatever. Every pin is different and every player’s preference is different.

As others have said, throw some brighter LEDs in your pin and all of a sudden, extra ambient is needed to help balance it out. Play in the dark if you want, but my personal choice is to balance out the lighting for easier gameplay.

Why are their so many condescending ass clowns on here pushing their “opinion” on others. Go to town on Pinstadiums gratuitous advertising, I couldn’t care less, but you can jam your opinion on me wanting to use my DIY lights up your ass.

#197 71 days ago
    543E83D3-E912-4BEC-8E7D-E09B0A340372 (resized).jpeg
    #198 71 days ago

So every pin ever made got their lighting perfect did they? In a dark room, in a bright room, with nasty reflections? Is it the concept of changing the way it came from factory the biggest hurdle?

Hell, my new MBRLE is the latest and greatest with an amazing RGB lightshow, but damn it’s dark in spots. WOZ is terribly dark and it ruins playability.

If raising ambi levels by 5-10-15% was possible out of the factory, would you refuse to fiddle to get a better, more playable result??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    € 110.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    $ 43.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 214.99
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside