Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Here is more abuse of the market.
    Their product for pinball machines made by spooky is linked to 136 games.
    I didnt know spooky made that many games.
    Their advertising tactics are complete bullshit and I really hope something is done about it.
    [quoted image]

It's beyond the linked games in the listings.
    It's pretty much every machine I've seen on the website.
    If you search any random machine these adverts come up and that machine may or may not even be in the relevant game listing.
    Also, click on any EM pin and their advertisement is guaranteed to be on the relevant market place items adverts.
    Go to any EM pin on the top 100 list and check it out.
    I'm sure they sell a lot of these to EM collectors.

Heres a good one for you.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/total-recall
    The Total Recall prototype (1 made) and guess what the relevant market place items are.
    What the hell and why?

It's effectively spam and really cheapens the site.

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.29.11 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.29.11 AM (resized).png
    #15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I notice it every time so much so I don't want to look at my personal market pages anymore.

This is the real problem I think and feel the same way.
    I want to search for items for specific machines and then when I search another game I have to weed though it all over again.
    It's too much and makes you not want to visit the marketplace for parts or mods.

#200 4 years ago

Just for fun I decided to go back in the database to some of the earliest listed machine to see what products were linked to them as relevant in the market place.
    Here is an example Automatic Industries Whiffle.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/whiffle-board

This machine like every other machine in the database has this product linked to and the machine doesn't even use electricity as its from 1931.
    There are countless other examples like this.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.57.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.57.00 AM (resized).png
    #238 4 years ago

I think I'm going to invent solar powered pinball lights that are compatible with every machine ever made.
    I'll get right on the after I get the patent filled on my waterproof mop.

#391 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this has been answered, but wouldn't the simplest solution code side be that when it decides what ads to show it just limits it two or 2 ads per seller per page? Then it won't matter how many games a product is linked to, in any given list of ads on a page you would never see 1 or 2 of their ads.

No because many games would only have one page of ads anyway.
    Also if you're looking for mods for certain games you might have one seller that created many different mods for a game.
    There's some pretty talented guys on here as far as 3D printing, sculpting, modeling and casting go.
    Some of those guys might have 3-5 different one of a kind custom mods for the same machine.
    Since each one of those are a unique product I don't think they should be limited.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.