Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
    #401 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Pinstadium. I’ll never buy anything now from them. It’s not even that cool. How bright do you need it? I think even sdtm pinball show starts off with their ad, no longer watching.

Don’t Leave Us...

F35D2EA6-F834-43E4-92AA-A057AD95E68E (resized).jpegF35D2EA6-F834-43E4-92AA-A057AD95E68E (resized).jpeg
    #402 4 years ago

I think an even better solution is the option for us to pick "hide ad" or even "already own" so we dont get suggestions for things we don't want and/or already have. This would make it a solution for more things than just the pinstadium lighting. For example, I already own a replacement ramp for my Hollywood Heat, so I could tick a box on this page:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1188-vandelay-industries/02374-hollywood-heat-replacement-ramp

That says already own. If I ever need to buy another, I could click some sort of "mods I own page" or something of that ilk. Long term solutions are better than short term quick fixes.

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Must have been corrected as I'm only seeing a couple of ads for them now when I look at the market place banner. Anyone else seeing the same?

Yep....while there are a couple other mod creators that I may take issue with (off-topic), there was really only one that chose to "poke the bear". Regardless of how the noise has quieted, I'm appreciative (as well as the 214 others).

I love this hobby, and always enjoy exploring the site for new things/ ideas that may allow me to enjoy my machines more. Have bought quite a bit of stuff off of here, either directly, or by referral. The general passion and help provided to keep the games up .... priceless. The community and Robin's site is invaluable to this hobby imho.

Not every game, nor every mod is for everyone. Don't stuff it down my throat, or berate someone for not agreeing w your take.

Thanks again to the op for creating a thread to bring up what many (obviously) have been frustrated with for some time....

#404 4 years ago

I think pinstadiums are an excellent product...crazy how people are getting bent out of shape because their homebrew machines are being linked with a product that makes them look even better?!
    The subject matter that started this thread is warranted but the company bashing by over the top hot heads is just silliness.
    PINSIDE

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I think pinstadiums are an excellent product...crazy how people are getting bent out of shape because their homebrew machines are being linked with a product that makes them look even better?!
    The subject matter that started this thread is warranted but the company bashing by over the top hot heads is just silliness.
    PINSIDE

What's just as crazy: Someone that sells said product links it to a one off home-brew game even though he will never sell the product for that game. Then, despite very vocal complaints, refuses to unlink his product to that home brew game and also continues his obnoxious spammy advertising campaign even though it means losing him a lot of good will in the community that is most likely to buy his products.

#406 4 years ago

with a product that makes them look even better?

Theres the problem...not everybody thinks they look better....

#407 4 years ago

It is simply respectful, to ask someone if it is OK to promote your product, on someone elses property.
    In business, its called Licensing.

When in business, Ive reached to Stern, Keith, Jack, and John as well, for permission, fees, or agreements...I failed all.

In fact, Next week, ill be meeting with Marvel staff, about licensing a product....its how we work with laws, even if it is a home brew.

#408 4 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

What's just as crazy: Someone that sells said product links it to a one off home-brew game even though he will never sell the product for that game. Then, despite very vocal complaints, refuses to unlink his product to that home brew game and also continues his obnoxious spammy advertising campaign even though it means losing him a lot of good will in the community that is most likely to buy his products.

Is it really that crazy? Or is it even crazier that people will spend hours upon hours in one thread multi-bashing a product/MOD that they don’t care for. I quietly save my money for something else im interested in instead personally attacking a fellow hobbyist.

#409 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Pinstadiums can be mounted to games from any era or manufacturer.

I don't remember ever seeing Pinstadiums that could be mounted in my Crescendo...and I *NEED* to flood that game with UV light, as I custom painted the playfield with reactive elements.

#410 4 years ago

Can't we just agree that the pinstadium folks that think every game needs them are crazy, and that the people losing their minds and hating on pinstadium are crazy, and that pinball people in general are just mostly crazy.

#411 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Theres the problem...not everybody thinks they look better....

Common sense tells us that yes.

#412 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Can't we just agree that the pinstadium folks that think every game needs them are crazy, and that the people losing their minds and hating on pinstadium are crazy, and that pinball people in general are just mostly crazy.

agreed

#413 4 years ago

Glad you like them. "linked to a product that makes them look even better"??? wow...the epitome of why so many are pissed about this product and its marketing tactics. This is your OPINION. You're stating it as a fact (which the company also does with endless spamming).

#414 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

agreed

#415 4 years ago

I'm only up to page 4 and the sheer amount of stupid on this thread is unbelievable. It's almost like all of the white knights that bought his product can't remove their face from the company's arse crack long enough to possibly fathom that taking issue with how something is marketed is not the same as having an issue with the product itself. Like literally almost every third post is some Pinstadium flunky talking about how great the product is and they don't understand why anyone wouldn't like it and...

WHO CARES, BRUH? The entire point is about the MARKETING. It has nothing to do with how the product performs, what the product is, how many hummers it gave you to make that post, etc. Like......this is not even remotely a hard concept to understand that it's two separate things. My 9 year old can handle this level of differentiation and separation.

*Edit* This is the same BS 'false equivalency' crap that bullies and morons worldwide love to employ to attempt to defend things that are otherwise indefensible.

#416 4 years ago

Is it really that crazy? Or is it even crazier that people will spend hours upon hours in one thread multi-bashing a product/MOD that they don’t care for. I quietly save my money for something else im interested in instead personally attacking a fellow hobbyist.

Simply put....hoping a point is being driven home, w a loud, clear message here...

#417 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Simply put....hoping a point is being driven home, w a loud, clear message here...

Robin responded many many many many thread posts ago...HEARD.

#418 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Glad you like them. "linked to a product that makes them look even better"??? wow...the epitome of why so many are pissed about this product and its marketing tactics. This is your OPINION. You're stating it as a fact (which the company also does with endless spamming).

Everything on pinside is an opinion. Some people have sensitive triggers on what they get “pissed” about. Maybe that should be a club thread too

#419 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Don’t Leave Us...[quoted image]

That’s racist. Lol

#420 4 years ago

Here is my AFM without pinstadiums.

And the next picture is with pinstadiums.

So much better.

black  (resized).jpgblack (resized).jpglight  (resized).jpglight (resized).jpg
    #421 4 years ago

Pinstadiums = Flood...

clever pun there OP!

#422 4 years ago

I'm actually surprised the "Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace" on the bottom of this thread isn't full of their ads.
    Lately that's all they have been on every and any page you click on. Pinstat baby, Pinstat fusion, blah, blah, blah. I used to never understand all the complaining about over spamming of their products until recently. I do search Pinside marketplace for items all the time just to see what's new or to pick up something I need.
    I don't think their product is a bad product but would never buy one. Out of my price range for a mod. A couple well placed spot lights will do the trick for me. I prefer to have a few dark areas on my games.
    Conclusion: I agree with all that say to give the end user the option to hide ads from select vendors as the best solution.

#423 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm actually surprised the "Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace" on the bottom of this thread isn't full of their ads.

appears he either de-linked them to every game?
    or Robin has made some tweaks?

#424 4 years ago

Robin responded many many many many thread posts ago...HEARD.

yep

#425 4 years ago

Everything on pinside is an opinion. Some people have sensitive triggers on what they get “pissed” about. Maybe that should be a club thread too

yep again...apparently 220 and counting on this one...

#426 4 years ago

Maybe you can start one for trolling. After all if the shoe fits...

#427 4 years ago

Your opinion here is wrong. There is quite a bit of factual information on the website, you just need to do some digging.

fact_check.giffact_check.gif
    #428 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Don’t Leave Us...[quoted image]

Zach - what is your opinion on the marketing and this topic in general? Curious to hear. I thought you weren't going to touch this but I see you're inserting yourself so curious if you think the OP has a legitimate point.

#429 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Pinstadium. I’ll never buy anything now from them. It’s not even that cool. How bright do you need it? I think even sdtm pinball show starts off with their ad, no longer watching.

Lol. You are a bit unchained. I don’t like Bose speakers (high price, marginal sound, ads up the wazoo), that doesn’t mean I stop watching a show that I enjoy just bc my show advertises it.

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Lol. You are a bit unchained. I don’t like Bose speakers (high price, marginal sound, ads up the wazoo), that doesn’t mean I stop watching a show that I enjoy just bc my show advertises it.

No highs, no lows, must be Bose!

#431 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

An "audio-ment" the distant cousin of the "car-gument", well done!

#432 4 years ago

I don't have anything to add, just wanted to do my part in keeping this thread near the top, because it's hilarious seeing the Pinstadium dude furiously bump his thread over this one. Make him work for it!

#433 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I don't have anything to add, just wanted to do my part in keeping this thread near the top, because it's hilarious seeing the Pinstadium dude furiously bump his thread over this one. Make him work for it!

Best thread. Bump

#434 4 years ago

I'm surprised nobody posted the obligatory 'Yule Blazers' video yet.

#435 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

But then people would not know what to do with the internet.

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

#437 4 years ago

Substitute the word "movies" with "pinball"

#438 4 years ago
    lightupmylife.giflightupmylife.gif
    #439 4 years ago

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WaterloggedEvilAdouri-size_restricted.gif

WaterloggedEvilAdouri-size_restricted (resized).pngWaterloggedEvilAdouri-size_restricted (resized).png
    #440 4 years ago
    light.giflight.gif
    #441 4 years ago

I'm no coder but why not just give us the option to block an individual seller?

We get to block the annoying ads so we never have to see them. The seller has no clue if we're blocking him.

The seller continues to pay Pinside money to advertise, keeping the site running.

Everyone is satisfied.

*Footnote*---This has not been mentioned nearly enough in this thread, but Star Trek: The Mirror Universe is one of the greatest homebrews of all time. Such a great idea to flip the playfield! What a great tribute to an all-time classic Star Trek episode. Hopefully I'll get to play it someday

#442 4 years ago

PS's look like xmas tree's to me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #443 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Maybe you can start one for trolling. After all if the shoe fits...

Sorry it took me so long to respond...I actually do things during the day rather than stare at a website all day complaining about mundane topics like “ouch pinside ads hurt my feelings” or “why did I name myself poop”. Ya. Trolling. How creative and original

#444 4 years ago

This topic has been very enlightening, thanks!

#445 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Your opinion here is wrong. There is quite a bit of factual information on the website, you just need to do some digging.[quoted image]

I found a gif too. Now we are both cool.

486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png
    #446 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Hey everybody!
    I know some people live on internet time and kind of expect problems, bugs or issues to get fixed within 48 hours. That's not realistic. I'm one person running this site and sometimes there's other stuff on my to do list. I realise that some people are getting really worked up about this and I'm doing my best to cook up and code a solution, but it may take some time.
    Also, Pinside shop items linking to certain games does not mean the manufacturer of said games endorses said items. Most of the mods offered in Pinside Shops are homebrew stuff, that people create out of love for pinball (and perhaps make a buck or two). Please don't tell me I need to add a disclaimer for that.
    Anyways, thanks for your patience while I figure out how to improve your everyday Pinside experience

Don't most places simply ban people for massively abusing a system? You'd be gone in a heartbeat on ebay, facebook etc for tactics like this.

#447 4 years ago

I found a gif too. Now we are both cool.[quoted image]

It would be a little more effective if you actually knew how to upload one

Make sure to select "orginal size" in the drop down BEFORE you drag the gif in

#448 4 years ago

Is this morphing into the animated GIF thread? Don't get jeffspinballpalace in here.

#449 4 years ago

There is a lot of talk about lighting, but what about color? I don't think it should be excluded.

rainbow.gifrainbow.gif
    #450 4 years ago

This thread is bananas.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/9?hl=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.