Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Where's your car parked? I have a sticker I want to put on it to advertise for my business.

So this guy broke in your house and installed pinstadium lighting on your homebrew?

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Where's your car parked? I have a sticker I want to put on it to advertise for my business.

So not the same thing. You are the one who is coming off badly by the insulting nature of your incessant posts on this.

Quoted from jgentry:

So this guy broke in your house and installed pinstadium lighting on your homebrew?

Now that would be the equivalent thing.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't mean to trigger you, but I got free parking today thanks to a meter error.

LMAO. Trigger me? Already triggered. But even I have a sense of humor:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/talk-me-off-the-ledge-high-end-uv-printer

#304 4 years ago

Alright, screw it, this guy is enough to put me on team Pinstadium.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Alright, screw it, this guy is enough to put me on team Pinstadium.

Your life just got a whole lot brighter.

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

No he's too busy posting single pictures to his thread. He don't have time to figure out how to break in to anything... even a wet paper bag.

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

What I find “illuminating” is that every time this post gets bumped to the top, he posts something redundant on his thread

everyone could always report his posts as they are both "broken record" and "over bumping of a topic"

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't mean to trigger you, but I got free parking today thanks to a meter error.

But, was it outside a court house? That's important too.

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

everyone could always report his posts as they are both "broken record" and "over bumping of a topic"

Up until this thread; I was actually ignoring his thread and products... thinking maybe one day I might actually take the time to see what all the hubub was. I considered breifly getting something for my games like DEST or STNG. But when I was looking at his thread with all the stupid gfx / videos that actually didn't get to the point; I was "done".
    Now I'll never even consider his products... and more importantly; actively work against him with my friends.

That said; I'm not going to make the admin's work harder by reporting his posts in his thread. That said; if he posts regularly to other threads pimping... then maybe that's grounds.

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

He is making money. His "ads" are being promoted on my worklogs... my homebrew page.

It's not your page, it's Robin's page. If you want a pure, unadulterated presentation of your "worklogs," host your own website.

Quoted from Zitt:

That's the whole reason he did it. He saw a popular thread here on Pinside and "added" my game to his ads to generate links and eyeballs.

Lol, it's pretty likely he doesn't even know what your game is. His products are on EVERY game. Last post in your thread was three years ago.

Quoted from Zitt:

That's reprehensible.

Nah, it's just annoying.

#311 4 years ago

Was very interested in keeping up on this interesting thread. But it might be too cringey for now with Zitt’s posts.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

But, was it outside a court house? That's important too.

Well... If I'm being honest; that other thread ended in a fizzle.
    Let me just say I parked for a full day of jury duty and didn't get a ticket.
    So; all that bitching and frustration... for a non-event.
    Let that sink in. Infact; maybe I should remember all this frustration is going to end up the same way.
    Humm... You guys are right. It's chump change. Life's too short. Robin will make it right. These guys will get "corrected".

So; When was the last time PoorMan's Pinstadium's thread was bumped?

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

is there anyone who seriously believes this game looks better with the Xmas lighting?

I heard this guy is a fan

MV5BODAxZTk4N2MtYTNiNS00OWY0LWJhOWQtYWVjZGQzMmI0ZWVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM4NzY3Njg@._V1_UY317_CR193,0,214,317_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BODAxZTk4N2MtYTNiNS00OWY0LWJhOWQtYWVjZGQzMmI0ZWVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM4NzY3Njg@._V1_UY317_CR193,0,214,317_AL_ (resized).jpg

#314 4 years ago

On the plus side, Ghostbusters owners are still waiting on code and certain node boards, but can pick up a pinstadium kit for their games almost immediately.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

It's not your page, it's Robin's page. If you want a pure, unadulterated presentation of your "worklogs," host your own website.

Let me make this crystal clear for you...

You and I BOTH know that market ads are a recent invention. One that "pays" robin and his brother to work full time on the site.
    When you and I started on this site; there was no Market Ad. There was no "linking of games" to ads.
    If I knew then what I know now... I would have never Added the game to the pinside database.

All I'm asking that the admins consider this. It's not unreasonable for me to expect that when I added my worklogs and the game to the database that it would be used as a marketting vehicle for some other dudes crap. I don't think that's unreasonable. Do you?

Quoted from yancy:

Lol, it's pretty likely he doesn't even know what your game is. His products are on EVERY game. Last post in your thread was three years ago.

Because I don't go in an necro-bump my threads unless there is new information. 3 years ago was when the homebrew was "complete".

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Let me make this crystal clear for you...

Goddamn it that's it, I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

Robin has already said he's gonna ask dad to cut his allowance. He probably gets it on Friday before heading to the arcade (like most of us), so let's just take a chill pill.

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Goddamn it that's it, I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

LOL. And?
    Frustrated? Heheheheh
    Welcome to the Dark Side of anger and hate.

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

3 years ago was when the homebrew was "complete".

But patting yourself on the back will never end.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

But patting yourself on the back will never end.

So; your goal here is to what? Flame the fire?
    You're one weird dude.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

It's not unreasonable for me to expect that when I added my worklogs and the game to the database that it would not be used as a marketing vehicle for some other dudes crap. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Do you make a lighting product that competes with Pinstadiums? If not, then since Scott can assist customers in hooking up Pinstadiums to just about any type of electrical pinball machine he should be able to supply a kit that would connect to and work with your homebrew game. Since you would be the only potential customer and you are clearly not interested in Scott's products this will never lead to a Pinstadium sale. But I see no real harm being done to you.

#321 4 years ago

If you search for "Pin Stadium" , "Pin Stadium LED" , or "Pin Stadium Pinball" does www.pinstadium.com come up in your google search results?

It doesn't for me in my google bubble. Mildly interesting. Someone get Pin Stadium some SEO!

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Since you would be the only potential customer and you are clearly not interested in Scott's products this will never lead to a Pinstadium sale. But I see no real harm being done to you.

So; just so we're clear...
    You would be ok with Anyone using your hard work to "endorse" a product you don't care for.
    Really? People think this way?

#323 4 years ago

I ended up at an arena where they do lawn bowling.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

No. I don't.
    The guy is too busy pimpin in his thread... to actually take time to correct the issue he created.
    I'm not sure robin has done anything. I took a break. 12hrs of break. Long enough to Robin to actually respond or have him correct the ads. I don't think it's unreasonable for a "full time" website owner to respond to abuse like this.
    How long do I give them? 8 hours? 80hours? 800 hours?
    He is making money. His "ads" are being promoted on my worklogs... my homebrew page. That's the whole reason he did it. He saw a popular thread here on Pinside and "added" my game to his ads to generate links and eyeballs. That's reprehensible.

Start your own website and choose who and how you allow to advertise. Otherwise stop your whining. You sound ridiculous and I doubt Pinside or Pinstadium is making money off of your machine. A machine most of us never heard of and don't give a damn about.

Don't understand how people can use this site for free or pay a very modest fee and start demanding the site do this or do that. F'ing snowflakes on this site.

I don't give a shit about up or down votes so I don't mind saying what many others are thinking. It is the silly up or down voting that has kept many of the other members from posting exactly what I am saying now.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Do you make a lighting product that competes with Pinstadiums?

No but HemiOrange09 did

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You would be ok with anyone using your hard work to "endorse" a product you don't care for.

Anyone offering a product that will work on or with someone else's product does not mean the original person is endorsing anything.

#327 4 years ago

bump*

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Otherwise stop your whining. You sound ridiculous and I doubt Pinside is making money of a your machine. A machine most of us never heard of and don't give a damn about.

I'm not a snowflake Jimmy. I don't give a damn what you think. I was going to say something else -but; It'll just enrage you and violate Pinside rules.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You would be ok with Anyone using your hard work to "endorse" a product you don't care for.

Just so we are clear. Yes. It is okay for Robin or whoever owns this site to determine who can advertise and where. You are a guest here. Nothing more.

Pretty hypocritical for you to have mods or try to push product on a site that you did not create and yet Robin isn't crying about it.

#330 4 years ago

Pretty hypocritical for you to have mods or try to push product on a site that you did not create and yet Robin isn't crying about it.

So you're ignorant. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I'm not a snowflake Jimmy. I don't give a damn what you think. I was going to say something else -but; It'll just enrage you and violate Pinside rules.

I can handle it brother. Nothing you say will have any impact on me or what I think of people bitching about a site that is free for you to use. Be grateful and choose your battles. Robin making money off of Pinstadium or Pinstadium making money off of owners who like the product isn't really a concern of yours. Likewise, your home brew pin is being hosted here by someone else on a site they created that you pay little or no money to use. See the link? Yeah, didn't think so.

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

It's obvious to anyone browsing the site it is not an endorsement. It's just linking ads to content which you knowingly provided to a commercial website for free. Someone just figured out how to rig the system and now Robin has to figure out how to prevent it while still offering value to advertisers. It'll take a bit of thinking and time to come up with something that works right. This is not an emergency-type situation, it's just an annoyance.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Scott can assist customers in hooking up Pinstadiums to just about any type of electrical pinball machine he should be able to supply a kit that would connect to and work with your homebrew game

I think the important words here are "just about any" and "should".

Pinstadium cannot ensure that their product will work on this game and has no right to link their product without testing it first. I speaks to the arrogance of Scott to just assume that he can make it work; especially with games that dont use power. (How stupid is that)

The flip side is customer security, if a product is listed as working with a game. Then I EXPECT it to have been tested by the manufacturer on that game.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

If I knew then what I know now... I would have never Added the game to the pinside database.

You can have the game removed if you are truly bothered by it.

It’s Robin’s site, no one is holding you hostage here. Pull it all, no way you should be “disrespected” by anyone here.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It’s Robin’s site, no one is holding you hostage here. Pull it all, no way you should be “disrespected” by anyone here.

I specifically asked that - if the ads can't be removed. It's clear that you haven't really read this thread.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

^^^^^^ Exactly. Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out. You have a lot of nerve telling the admins that if they don't do x you will do y.

#337 4 years ago

Hey everybody!

I know some people live on internet time and kind of expect problems, bugs or issues to get fixed within 48 hours. That's not realistic. I'm one person running this site and sometimes there's other stuff on my to do list. I realise that some people are getting really worked up about this and I'm doing my best to cook up and code a solution, but it may take some time.

Also, Pinside shop items linking to certain games does not mean the manufacturer of said games endorses said items. Most of the mods offered in Pinside Shops are homebrew stuff, that people create out of love for pinball (and perhaps make a buck or two). Please don't tell me I need to add a disclaimer for that.

Anyways, thanks for your patience while I figure out how to improve your everyday Pinside experience

#338 4 years ago

^^^^^^ Exactly. Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out. You have a lot of nerve telling the admins that if they don't do x you will do y.

You have a lot of nerve coming into a community with less than a year of experience telling us what to do. Glad you've been so influential in getting the community to this point. Thanks for your service.

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Also, Pinside shop items linking to certain games does not mean the manufacturer of said games endorses said items. Most of the mods offered in Pinside Shops are homebrew stuff, that people create out of love for pinball (and perhaps make a buck or two). Please don't tell me I need to add a disclaimer for that.

Anyways, thanks for your patience while I figure out how to improve your everyday Pinside experience

Robin, thanks.
    But yes; I honestly believe vendors should not be allowed to link to homebrew games. It's not right.
    If you do believe this should be allowed; then I respectfully ask you to remove my game from the database.

#340 4 years ago

Hahaha I went over to the pinstadium thread to see what was being posted and it was absolutely hilarious. Seeing people “spam” that thread and the reaction to it is a classic.

I didn’t really care about pinstadiums and just thought there blatant rule breaking was annoying, but I recall it being even worse before. It was probably about 6 months ago I searched for game and used the advanced search option. Out of the actual list of pins for sale, since I had selected only games, a pinstadium ad showed up, listed under a game, instead of as a mod. It’s no longer like that, but it’s pretty ridiculous the abuse went that far. I’m glad someone finally brought it up and hopefully a reasonable change is implemented.

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You have a lot of nerve coming into a community with less than a year of experience telling us what to do. Glad you've been so influential in getting the community to this point. Thanks for your service.

I was waiting for the standard "your new here" response. Since you know so little about me and have made that assumption I would say you are the ignorant one.

You have a lot of nerve, regardless of your whopping 6 years using someone else's site, telling Robin how to handle his advertisers and crying like a baby that you will take your ball and go home if he doesn't change.

You are in the wrong Zitt. Man (or woman for you other snowflakes) up!

#342 4 years ago

No. No I'm not.
    I've taken this to PM with Robin. Because clearly you know how the world works, snowflake.

#343 4 years ago

So every ad should only ever be targeted(or shown) to its intended customer? I'll remember that the next time an ad for tampons is shown on TV and think of you guys.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

So every ad should only ever be targeted(or shown) to its intended customer? I'll remember that the next time an ad for tampons is shown on TV and think of you guys.

That made me laugh.

#345 4 years ago

Remain Calm!

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#346 4 years ago

Okay let's stop the name calling. No need for that.

Quoted from Zitt:

Robin, thanks.
    But yes; I honestly believe vendors should not be allowed to link to homebrew games. It's not right.
    If you do believe this should be allowed; then I respectfully ask you to remove my game from the database.

I'm not planning on coding an exception for homebrew games at this stage. I have some more pressing things that need work. If it really bothers you, I will remove your game from the database (at least for now).

On a side note, have you asked the shops in question to remove your game link from their items?

#347 4 years ago

My view is that showing Pinstadium ads on every game is the same as showing pinballs or any other generic part on every game. It really dilutes the functionality of the ad system and makes people not pay attention to any ads.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

One more person unlocks “Angry Mob” wizard mode![quoted image]

Ah, the illusive missing Ghostbusters wizard mode finally achieved!

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I specifically asked that - if the ads can't be removed. It's clear that you haven't really read this thread.

Oh, I have read it and watched it evolve in real time.... Here is the TLDR version of the thread-

- Guy points out there is a shitload of Robot Light icons down at the bottom of every page
    - Another 150 guys acknowledge that the Robot Light icons are abusive and still very confusing
    - Robot Light guy gets super nervous about the negative PR and starts posting random lonely posts in the Sandbox he has been restricted to.
    - Weird super sensitive Parking ticket guy steps in to lead a crusade against Robot Light guy and how he has been disrespected on a website owned by someone else.
    - Weird super sensitive parking ticket guy somehow manages to make Robot Light guy look like an actual normal person in this whole fiasco.
    - Nothing is accomplished, everyone that is chemically balanced has a good laugh, and everyone else is making a trip to their local hardware store to make sure they have plenty of pitchforks for their upcoming crusade.

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

On a side note, have you asked the shops in question to remove your game link from their items?

Yes. pinstadium is claiming he can't- sortof implying you have to do it because he can't thru "his" panel.
    Rock914 is ... well.. being difficult because he thinks he has the right to do so.

If these guys are in the right and you will allow this behavior; then yes - please remove my game from the database.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/7?hl=mjalexan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.