Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

You mean 150[quoted image]

1 down vote and the targets reset

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

1 down vote and the targets reset.

I'm on it!

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

This machine like every other machine in the database has this product linked to and the machine doesn't even use electricity as its from 1931.

I'm sure soon the marketplace will be flooded with the new pinstadium extension cord and adapter kit for these games- $499

#254 4 years ago

Maybe the real strategy here is to subliminally get the Pinside community to like anime robots and DDR.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from Durzel:

pinside.com#?#DIV.pinsidegrid-item-shopitem:-abp-has(A[href*="1105-"])

...works in uBlock Origin and I presume Adblock to nuke the ads completely, leaving the others intact.

THANK YOU!!! Works great...

Thanks,
    Jeff

#256 4 years ago

If people want to waste their money, that's their choice.

However, fast forward to 36 minutes and beyond and is there anyone who seriously believes this game looks better with the Xmas lighting?

I am disappointed that such a great tournament puts these on their games. Perhaps it's worth us all paying an extra dollar to Pinburgh to NOT put them on?!

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If people want to waste their money, that's their choice.
    However, fast forward to 36 minutes and beyond and is there anyone who seriously believes this game looks better with the Xmas lighting?
    I am disappointed that such a great tournament puts these on their games. Perhaps it's worth us all paying an extra dollar NOT to put them on?!

You know whose opinions matter the most? The Pinburgh players. I have a hard time believing they would use the Pinstadium’s if players had strong opinions about them (in terms of negatively effecting play).

#258 4 years ago

The glare from the overhead lights in that video are awful. Unless those are the Pinstadiums installed horizontally across the playfield above the flippers.

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure soon the marketplace will be flooded with the new pinstadium extension cord and adapter kit for these games- $499

Or....

gtb3111baffleball2 (resized).jpggtb3111baffleball2 (resized).jpg
    #260 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

You know whose opinions matter the most? The Pinburgh players. I have a hard time believing they would use the Pinstadium’s if players had strong opinions about them (in terms of negatively effecting play).

It would be great if they sent out a questionnaire.

From talking with others, the consensus is pretty clear that people would prefer ALL aftermarket crap to be left off, but esp the pinstadium junk.

Zebra light distracting junk and now with the verified possibility of parts falling off games and impacting competition and causing games to go down... pretty sure give the risk v reward that the majority were pick NO for pinstadiums on competitive games.

Sure, let the guy pay sponsorship, but dont force the junk on games.

#261 4 years ago

No expert on web commerce, but is it normal for a forum to have a third party business embedded within it? I have the basics on the pinside market but, picking on p-stadium again as an example, aside from the flood of ads which I assume are paid for somehow(?), there is a 5000 post thread which has 2500 posts with pictures from the business owner promoting their products. Does pinside get a cut? If not, seems like a free web hosting service for people. Again, I am clueless at running a website so maybe this all adds up.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Or.... [quoted image]

Well, that kit sure is a lot easier on the eyes.

#263 4 years ago

170 will release the Paperflock Coffee Table Book...

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Every time I search the market I get a face full of pinstadium. ENOUGH ALREADY.[quoted image]

I feel ya man...my junk drawer is full of crap like this...pinstadiums, flowbees, fleshlights, popeets, you name it!

#265 4 years ago

I need help finding a link to purchase
    These light I can’t find them hahah lol

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Nothing has changed yet. How long could it possibly take to deselect the games the product doesn’t not belong to?

37dzft (resized).jpg37dzft (resized).jpg

#267 4 years ago

Now I will never buy a pinstadium anything. They have been exposed. Bravo.

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It would be great if they sent out a questionnaire.
    From talking with others, the consensus is pretty clear that people would prefer ALL aftermarket crap to be left off, but esp the pinstadium junk.
    Zebra light distracting junk and now with the verified possibility of parts falling off games and impacting competition and causing games to go down... pretty sure give the risk v reward that the majority were pick NO for pinstadiums on competitive games.
    Sure, let the guy pay sponsorship, but dont force the junk on games.

I have some Pinstadium’s and having them fall off has been a big “gotcha” that I didn’t anticipate! Scott has supported me, however it’s been a PITA. I see Pinstadium Hover’s as the “bug fix”, however Scott is charging $40 IIRC for the new/improved mounts. Considering the price of the product, it’s a huge slap in the face to his existing customers. I’ve voiced this on the other Pinstadium thread and didn’t get much sympathy. I refuse to pay $40 for the bug fix and don’t plan anymore Pinstadium purchases until Scott changes his strategy. I don’t mind paying “up” for great products, however Pinstadium’s magna-mounts were buggy from day 1.

#269 4 years ago

I'm coming out with a new light strip product that will stick on top of other light strip products. I'm calling them "Brighties"

#270 4 years ago

I like the idea of pinstadiums and I think it looks cool on some machines, but I also dont watch my tv movies with artificial processing on or motion smoothing, I like it like the director intended.. I think of pinball machines with factory lighting the same, the way the creator intended it to be.

#271 4 years ago

But are those LED candles, or in-candle-escents?

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

But are those LED candles, or in-candle-escents?

Nice pun. Nobody can hold a candle to you, eh?

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I'm coming out with a new light strip product that will stick on top of other light strip products. I'm calling them "Brighties"

I'm starting a company named pinball pimp that offers women wearing these. They will hover around your pin in attract mode but when the start button is pressed they put them on the glass

6234526 (resized).jpg6234526 (resized).jpg
    #274 4 years ago

The Baffle Ball mod could be marketed as Pin-Candleabra. Great for remote tourneys with no electricity or a power outage!

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I'm starting a company named pinball pimp that offers women wearing these.

That's fine, I'll be behind her anyway.

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I'm starting a company named pinball pimp that supplies women wearing these.

Quoted from wolverinetuner:

The Baffle Ball mod could be marketed as Pin-Candleabra.

You're too late. JayDee already trademarked his pinball pimp product as the PinCandlea-Bra.

#277 4 years ago

i bought pinstadiums once, wouldn't ever buy them again.

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from rudysoup:

i bought pinstadiums once, wouldn't ever buy them again.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #279 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I have some Pinstadium’s and having them fall off has been a big “gotcha” that I didn’t anticipate! Scott has supported me, however it’s been a PITA. I see Pinstadium Hover’s as the “bug fix”, however Scott is charging $40 IIRC for the new/improved mounts. Considering the price of the product, it’s a huge slap in the face to his existing customers. I’ve voiced this on the other Pinstadium thread and didn’t get much sympathy. I refuse to pay $40 for the bug fix and don’t plan anymore Pinstadium purchases until Scott changes his strategy. I don’t mind paying “up” for great products, however Pinstadium’s magna-mounts were buggy from day 1.

they are horrible. I got a set for WOZ and hated them. Having to remove them to lift the playfield was a joke. The app was basic and nothing special. they did not have molex connectors for hook up, so you had to shove these wires down inside other molex connectors for setup. I for sure felt like I got bent over. I fell for his crap early. Ended up taking them off and left in bottom of cabinet for next owner.

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I like the idea of pinstadiums and I think it looks cool on some machines, but I also dont watch my tv movies with artificial processing on or motion smoothing, I like it like the director intended.. I think of pinball machines with factory lighting the same, the way the creator intended it to be.

False logic there, the creator is often constrained by budget reasons. The creator of Magic City wanted a color wheel lamp in the backglass but was nixed as being too expensive. Lots of playfields and back glass have unused lamp socket locations.

Nothing wrong with making adjustments to taste or fixing shortcomings

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

False logic there, as the creator is often constrained by budget reasons.

Or limited to the technology at the time. The great WMS games of the '90s would come with LEDs if they were made today.
    In fact, the remakes do.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

The great WMS games of the '90s would come with LEDs if they were made today.
    In fact, the remakes do.

The remake of MB also flashes horrible colored lights every time you hit a character...just awful. Restraint is very important.

#283 4 years ago

Are leds just cheaper to make new games with... or are the manufacturers all caught up in the pinside color bomb and make you go blind hype?

#284 4 years ago

I love playing games in dimly lit rooms. I love pinstadiums for what extra light they give in the darkness that surrounds me.

If I played in a room that had better lighting, I would never want them.

That said, I do think the advertising is a bit much. Everyone knows what they are and what they do. No need to keep spamming the marketplace.

#285 4 years ago

When I set up the new game room....The old dining room and living room, I added these.

The remote dimming features of this LED Light work Perfectly with all the games! Even my Pre War No Electric!

(and no more hitting Fan blades with toppers!)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #286 4 years ago

What I find “illuminating” is that every time this post gets bumped to the top, he posts something redundant on his thread. I’ve often considered his advertisements spam but just went with the flow. Glad someone mentioned it.

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

What I find “illuminating” is that every time this post gets bumped to the top, he posts something redundant on his thread. I’ve often considered his advertisements spam but just went with the flow. Glad someone mentioned it.

I actually felt weird reading his last days worth of post. I kind of felt bad for him, because he was trying so hard.

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

When I set up the new game room....The old dining room and living room, I added these.
    The remote dimming features of this LED Light work Perfectly with all the games! Even my Pre War No Electric!
    (and no more hitting Fan blades with toppers!)[quoted image]

Nice. What are these? Got a link?

#289 4 years ago

HOME DEPOT, or search under Drum Fan....Different kinds, also Amazon and Ebay

#290 4 years ago

pinstadium could solve his "problems" by actually being a standup guy and going thru and being honest about the games he's products supports... you know; games he has personally installed the product on... or at least has a postive feedback from his customers that it works.

Instead this shyster has chosen like Rock914 to list every damn game in the planet as linked to his products. This is seriously abuse of the system and robin needs to hold them accountable. If robin doesn't hold them accountable ... then maybe it's time to rethink who's interest he really has for the community. I know that seems harsh; but, robin was quick to come in an defend the marketing promo boxes... but he doesn't seem to be taking any serious effort to solve the problems... infact NONE of the admins are. I would have expected him to respond instantaneously w/ regards to the abuse given this is his full time job now.

So Robin... if you are really taking action please let us know and I'll back off and apologize publicly.

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Instead this shyster has chosen like rock914 to list every damn game in the planet as linked to his products.

He has given a whole new meaning to "Lighting A Card"

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/lite-a-card

#292 4 years ago

I found it annoying when every game thread was getting spam pics but that dried up quickly. I'm not searching games all day so I never see the adds and could care less. The product is pretty good on some games. Most dont need it for my tastes but it certainly helps a few games. It's really not that hard to ignore as I'm oblivious to it. For those that love them, great. For those that hate them, dont buy them. They must be selling a lot to afford to sponsor everything. I just place spot lights when needed or use the matrix stuff from comet. Much cheaper and most of my games dont need that much extra light. I did like it on Rob Zombie though.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

pinstadium could solve his "problems" by actually being a standup guy and going thru and being honest about the games he's products supports... you know; games he has personally installed the product on... or at least has a postive feedback from his customers that it works.
    Instead this shyster has chosen like rock914 to list every damn game in the planet as linked to his products. This is seriously abuse of the system and robin needs to hold them accountable. If robin doesn't hold them accountable ... then maybe it's time to rethink who's interest he really has for the community. I know that seems harsh; but, robin was quick to come in an defend the marketing promo boxes... but he doesn't seem to be taking any serious effort to solve the problems... infact NONE of the admins are. I would have expected him to respond instantaneously w/ regards to the abuse given this is his full time job now.
    So Robin... if you are really taking action please let us know and I'll back off and apologize publicly.

Don't you think "shyster" is a little much here? I get it you don't like that it's linked to your game but in no imaginable way would that ever lead to him making money off of that linking because no one owns the game. Yes the advertising is too much and robin has said he's addressing it with him. How about you take a break from it for a while and see what happens, no real reason to accuse a person who has a stellar reputation for service and support of being unscrupulous.

#294 4 years ago

Zitt, I get it, I do. But you are coming on real strong.

Give robin some time to work it out. It's some ads, it's low impact.

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Don't you think "shyster" is a little much here? I get it you don't like that it's linked to your game but in no imaginable way would that ever lead to him making money off of that linking because no one owns the game. Yes the advertising is too much and Robin has said he's addressing it with him. How about you take a break from it for a while and see what happens, no real reason to accuse a person who has a stellar reputation for service and support of being unscrupulous.

No. I don't.
    The guy is too busy pimpin in his thread... to actually take time to correct the issue he created.
    I'm not sure robin has done anything. I took a break. 12hrs of break. Long enough to Robin to actually respond or have him correct the ads. I don't think it's unreasonable for a "full time" website owner to respond to abuse like this.
    How long do I give them? 8 hours? 80hours? 800 hours?

He is making money. His "ads" are being promoted on my worklogs... my homebrew page. That's the whole reason he did it. He saw a popular thread here on Pinside and "added" my game to his ads to generate links and eyeballs. That's reprehensible.

#296 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Zitt, I get it, I do. But you are coming on real strong.

Give Robin some time to work it out. It's some ads, it's low impact.

I call bull.
    If I were to do this and put a virtual finger to these reasonable requests... I'd be banned from Pinside or at least be put on "timeout".

#297 4 years ago

Why are pinball people always having little hissy fits over a whole lot of nothing?

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Why are pinball people always having little hissy fits over a whole lot of nothing?

Where's your car parked? I have a sticker I want to put on it to advertise for my business.

I'm sorry; but I just don't see why you guys think this is nothing and being dismissive.
    That said; The admins have closed or "paused" stores for not filling orders. Looked at Chroma ...
    I guarantee if the Admins were to pause pinstadium store until he fixes the linked games - he'd be fast to respond.
    Instead; all we get is silence.

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Where's your car parked? I have a sticker I want to put on it to advertise for my business.

Don't mean to trigger you, but I got free parking today thanks to a meter error.

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Someone should start a thread just dedicated to pinside's bitching.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/6?hl=oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.