Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
    #151 4 years ago

Agreed. Like I said, I don't care for the products but he should be allowed to advertise them to appropriate games and pinside should show an even mixture of ads for each game from all sellers.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

It's such a niche product and options to get the word out are severely limited.

The word is out on this product, believe me.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

Completely out of my element and understanding here. Just cross-posting his response. I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and hopefully it can be addressed and fixed asap.

Not sure I buy his lame argument.
    If that were really the case; why isn't other vendors showing up in my listing? you know generic things like pop bumper caps or lock backing plates, or wire.... or pinball-bulbs.

Until robin comes in here and says that there is a real problem with the "linking of a game"; I'm feel like this is just dismissive behavior of the vendors. I don't believe any of them have taken steps to really fix the problem on their end.

I've been clear that I want my homebrew game de-linked from this vendors. I don't condone them having a "place" on my hardwork. If you disagree; simply put - you're wrong. Their products have NO PLACE "linked" to my game.

Edit: and now we have proof. Modelvisionary de-linked his products from my games; and now they don't show. So; Rock914 and pinstadium are too busy spamming us with their wares to correct their obvious errors.

For the last time Both of you (Rock914 pinstadium ) need to delink your products from my home brew games.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

even mixture of ads for each game from all sellers.

This is a key. If one seller links 50 products to a given pin, I suggest that only one at random should be chosen to be at the bottom of the page with products from other sellers equally represented.

#155 4 years ago

I don’t get the hate for pinstadium lights as a concept, though I completely get the hate for the spam they pump out. It’s ridiculous how often you see their advertisements, especially when searching irrelevant topics!!

I’ve made my own versions which do the same job at a 10th of the price. I love them.

Using “pinstadium” lighting or whatever you want to call them 100% makes a positive improvement. Reduces reflections, boosts contrast and colour saturation and often negates the need or desire for anti-reflective glass. And this works whether the room is dark or light. Gameplay is much easier, all of a sudden you can actually see the ball in areas you previously couldn’t. To me it’s plain to see.

For the $20-$30 it costs to make them, its a no brainer, dial the strength up or down till you’re happy... job done!

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I don’t get the hate for pinstadium lights as a concept

I'm fine with it as a concept, but won't go near any games that actually have them. Seriously.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Not sure I buy his lame argument.
    If that were really the case; why isn't other vendors showing up in my listing? you know generic things like pop bumper caps or lock backing plates, or wire.... or pinball-bulbs.
    Until Robin comes in here and says that there is a real problem with the "linking of a game"; I'm feel like this is just dismissive behavior of the vendors. I don't believe any of them have taken steps to really fix the problem on their end.
    I've been clear that I want my homebrew game de-linked from this vendors. I don't condone them having a "place" on my hardwork. If you disagree; simply put - you're wrong. Their products have NO PLACE "linked" to my game.
    Edit: and now we have proof. Modelvisionary de-linked his products from my games; and now they don't show. So; rock914 and pinstadium are too busy spamming us with their wares to correct their obvious errors.
    For the last time Both of you (rock914 pinstadium ) need to delink your products from my home brew games.

I think, in his thread, he is implying that these aren't just normal pinside product listings. He's plainly saying he can't do it, I don't know why he would lie about that when any other vendor could show that isn't the case (which I did in his thread). So as much as you're pissed about it, I think he's probably telling the truth in as much as he can't remove it, but I would wager he seems to have some special advertising situation going on that most of us aren't going to privy to. That's what I'm deducing from what he said and what others have said about his "insider" advertising. So, if that is the case then really Robin has some culpability here or at least room to explain why Pinstadium can't remove them from his listings. Something doesn't add up and I could totally see why you would be upset about it.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm fine with the concept, but won't go near any games that actually have them. Seriously.

Because of their blatant spamming??

#159 4 years ago

I don’t get the hate for pinstadium lights as a concept, though I completely get the hate for the spam they pump out. It’s ridiculous how often you see their advertisements, especially when searching irrelevant topics!!
    I’ve made my own versions which do the same job at a 10th of the price. I love them.
    Using “pinstadium” lighting or whatever you want to call them 100% makes a positive improvement. Reduces reflections, boosts contrast and colour saturation and often negates the need or desire for anti-reflective glass. And this works whether the room is dark or light. Gameplay is much easier, all of a sudden you can actually see the ball in areas you previously couldn’t. To me it’s plain to see.
    For the $20-$30 it costs to make them, its a no brainer, dial the strength up or down till you’re happy... job done!

I assume yours aren't controlled by any sort of intelligent controller based on RGB inputs from the game lighting? I don't know his products well, but like I said I removed them from a game I bought and they aren't just RGB strips. They are likely addressable strips and some sort of microcontroller which takes inputs from the game lighting to create responsive lighting. Much more than just a RGB controller and some strips. If I made something like he did I would charge at least $150 for them, if not more. The products have a place for people who can't make their own and want the kind of advanced control he provides in a complete product. Don't know why this is a thread about the quality or viability of the product, some people like and some don't, who cares. Just don't spam the place all up and we can all live in peace.

#160 4 years ago

Because of their blatant spamming??

No, because I prefer things that look good and don't clutter up an otherwise perfectly good game, and I value my eyesight.

The spamming must be because they are having a hard time selling them. Word of mouth and seeing them in person must not be doing it.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I know because I own the only copy and I designed it. I don't give a crap wither you THINK your products are compatible or expect them to be... you have NO BASIS for linking your product to my game.
    Remove your products from my game.

#162 4 years ago

Really? That's pretty petty of you. Thanks for your support!

It's right there on his pages... he's just got 300 games linked and can't be bothered to "search the list" for one game.
    LinkingGames#1 (resized).pngLinkingGames#1 (resized).png

So yeah; maybe he does having something special... but I highly doubt it. I think he's just being obtuse on purpose.

#163 4 years ago

I don't get how you guys get so hot and bothered by a few light strips. I agree that the ads are a bit much but you would think they are causing cancer or something with the way you guys are reacting.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Really? That's pretty petty of you. Thanks for your support!
    It's right there on his pages... he's just got 300 games linked and can't be bothered to "search the list" for one game.
    [quoted image]
    So yeah; maybe he does having something special... but I highly doubt it. I think he's just being obtuse on purpose.

I like that you have 26 unread private messages!

Damn.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I like that you have 26 unread private messages!
    Damn.

Not true. They are all read. I think it's 26 threads I haven't "Archived"

#166 4 years ago

It's almost like searching on craigslist for pinballs and you come up with pianos, patio furniture, and torchieres.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Perhaps if there were some sort of product to put additional light on it................................................

I'd be happy to shed some light on this topic...but you'll need to go to page 247 to find my ad

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

What’s more polarizing here on pinside?
    Kaneda or pinstadium?

I don't know, but i have pinstadiums on every machine I own and just started listening to kaneda. Honestly I don't see how any of this stuff upsets people. Seems like there are a lot of people that come to the forums looking to complain about stuff. I guess we should all just be thankful that we don't have any real problems in our lives.

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't get how you guys get so hot and bothered by a few light strips. I agree that the ads are a bit much but you would think they are causing cancer or something with the way you guys are reacting.

This x 100

#170 4 years ago

So, I linked my game to my product... and look:
    Look it showsLook it shows
    So; yeah... either robin is allowing these vendors to "SPAM" every game in the database with a "special" vendor interface... that doesn't allow editing.

Or more likely pinstadium has so many games in his products linked to list that he can no longer maintain said list efficiently. He's rather just dismiss this as a "website problem" rather than edit each one of his listings for proper content. IF this is indeed the case; It's my honest opinion that his shop be suspended for abuse.

#171 4 years ago

Everyone has a different opinion about pinstadiums. You either like them or you don’t. I have the original pinstadiums only on one game woz. I really just wanted to see the ball better while playing since the playfield is so dark. Yeah it seemed overprice but it works and I have had no problem with it. I felt this would be the easiest for me to do to get more lightning. We all spend stupid money in this hobby whether it is on NIB games, $500 toppers, ridiculous mods, etc. As wackybrakke states, this is not about the product, price, etc.

BUT I AGREE IT IS OBNOXIOUS HOW SCOTT ADVERTISES THIS PRODUCT TO THE NTH DEGREE. It is extremely pushy and the videos all have that futuristic look and what is funny to me when the videos are done I am still not sure what the product really is half the time. I still dont know what orions belt is. In short, Robin needs to fix all the advertising. My 2 cents.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

So; yeah... either robin is allowing these vendors to "SPAM" every game in the database with a "special" vendor interface... that doesn't allow editing.
    Or more likely pinstadium has so many games in his products linked to list that he can no longer maintain said list efficiently. He's rather just dismiss this as a "website problem" rather than edit each one of his listings for proper content. IF this is indeed the case; It's my honest opinion that his shop be suspended for abuse.

Perhaps Robin is getting a big pinstadium discount. Like what it costs to actually make them plus $1

#173 4 years ago

Pinside is a free site that accepts advertising dollars, maybe Robin should make a monthly subscription site for those who want to avoid ads. Until then deal with it.

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, because I prefer things that look good and don't clutter up an otherwise perfectly good game, and I value my eyesight.
    The spamming must be because they are having a hard time selling them. Word of mouth and seeing them in person must not be doing it.

I also value my eyesight. The good thing is, on mine, and I’m assuming on the pinstadiums, you can dial the volume up and down. I run mine at maybe 5-10% which is just enough to lift the shadows and reduce reflections from the room. I’d hazard a guess and say the ones you saw were on max which looks flipp’n ridiculous.

The upper loop shot on my Funhouse was so difficult to hit prior to adding the lighting. The ball would just appear out of the dark.

So yep at full volume, they’re incredibly distasteful, tacky and cheap looking, but at the right complimentary amount I dig em.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

I assume yours aren't controlled by any sort of intelligent controller based on RGB inputs from the game lighting? I don't know his products well, but like I said I removed them from a game I bought and they aren't just RGB strips. They are likely addressable strips and some sort of microcontroller which takes inputs from the game lighting to create responsive lighting. Much more than just a RGB controller and some strips. If I made something like he did I would charge at least $150 for them, if not more. The products have a place for people who can't make their own and want the kind of advanced control he provides in a complete product. Don't know why this is a thread about the quality or viability of the product, some people like and some don't, who cares. Just don't spam the place all up and we can all live in peace.

Nup, mine are pretty basic, you can dial in an RGB colour if you want, or simply white or warm white to boost ambient on darker games. Especially with LED GI and Insert games, the boost of ambient makes it easier on the eyes.

#176 4 years ago

Kinda funny that he is posting in his thread, yet wont make it to this one to say his side. I think pinstadiums are ugly, I hate the view from any other angle than direct, if you look from the sides its awful. Plus, I remember a few years ago at expo, he kept shutting the lights off on vendors so that people could see his product, even though it made the other vendors area dark where their products couldn't be seen. For that reason alone, I wouldn't buy from him.

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

I did not appreciate your PM. You could have simple asked me to remove it like a man. Does your home brew game uses any lights, GI, Inserts, Flashers, Etc? If the answer is yes, my mod works for it and is valid to be listed as a mod for that game.
    Childish and passive aggressive PM’s will not scare this guy one bit. Feel free to contact me if you if you want to have a respectful conversation without all the bad behavior. I will not be responding to your last PM.

Coming from the guy that charges $100+ to light up a Jurassic Park back playfield area. I did it myself for $5. What a waste of money..

#178 4 years ago

Bottom line is it is spamming in a big way, but do what you like to your own games.

Just remember when you invite pinball people over to play and they keep coming up with excuses not to, there might be a good reason for that.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Bottom line is it is spamming in a big way, but do what you like to your own games.
    Just remember when you invite pinball people over to play and they keep coming up with excuses not to, there might be a good reason for that.

Man, I need to buy you that beer. Glad you decided to come back bud.

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I value my eyesight.

Perhaps you'd be interested in my new product. It's compatible with all versions of Pinstadium. It even works when you're playing next to a pin with Pinstadium. IFPA approved. Mountable headlamp coming soon.

81-jqUxUs3L._SX425_ (resized).jpg81-jqUxUs3L._SX425_ (resized).jpg

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Perhaps you'd be interested in my new product. It's compatible with all versions of Pinstadium. It even works when you're playing next to a pin with Pinstadium. IFPA approved. Mountable headlamp coming soon.
    [quoted image]

Can I get it powder coated to match my game? Where do I mount my sweet LED cup holder to it?

#182 4 years ago

Perhaps you'd be interested in my new product.

You should spam every game with that! Make sure you are getting at least four times what it costs though.

Quoted from Spencer:

Man, I need to buy you that beer.

Thanks! I haven't had a Molson Golden in some time.

#183 4 years ago

[quoted image]

But how will I then see the game?!?!?!!?!

Maybe we should put PinStadium lights IN the helmet. That way, I can see the game I'm trying to see without seeing the light on the game I dont want to see by seeing with the light in the helmet that will blind me!

Seizures optional.

#184 4 years ago

First order going out!

81PikkOJCZL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg81PikkOJCZL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#185 4 years ago

First order going out!
    [quoted image]

Sooooo close, I was really hoping the LEDS were a warm white, and not cool white.

Bonus points for the sweet ‘merica pattern though.

#186 4 years ago

Just an FYI - making your own poor mans pinstadium allows FULL brightness AND color control of BOTH channels as they are independently controlled. They add light to some games that are so poorly lit - off the top of my head LOTR and TAF are two great examples. You can make em bright where you want the welders helmet or add just enough light to show off the play fields beautiful artwork and actually see the damn ball so you can have better games. Anyway - back to the normally programmed hate show already in progress

#187 4 years ago

Using “pinstadium” lighting or whatever you want to call them 100% makes a positive improvement....Gameplay is much easier, all of a sudden you can actually see the ball in areas you previously couldn’t. To me it’s plain to see.

Weird, It's almost like everyone doesn't agree with that? Maybe that's where the 20K fucking posts arguing back and forth are aboot?

The upper loop shot on my Funhouse was so difficult to hit prior to adding the lighting. The ball would just appear out of the dark.

Ah yes the "dark ages" of pinball! I remember none of us could hit the upper loop in Funhouse till lighting was added! Why did we play it all the decades?

#188 4 years ago

Frankly, I've never really paid any attention to the advertisements in the marketplace. But I do know that this guy is a marketing genius compared to most of the hobby and he's responsive, which is more than I can say for a lot of vendors. I sent out an email a couple months ago on my website to a bunch of vendors, and the only one who responded was Pinstadium. You know why he succeeds? Because he's relentless and driven to succeed. Possibly over the top, but you have to give the guy credit for building a business from scratch and delivering good service to everyone. And I don't even own any of his products, but I've seen him build his business up here.

#189 4 years ago

Pinball lighting has become a vicious circle.

Games were fine and easy to see as long as the bulbs all worked and the inserts were clean and you had a good, clean piece of glass. But lets get rid of all the incandescents that spread light around and put in leds. Now it is colorful, but you can't see the ball! So lets put in super bright leds and now we can't see anything!

Answer for that? Look no further than the bottom of every marketplace ad or any other game linked page.

#190 4 years ago

I run mine at maybe 5-10% which is just enough to lift the shadows and reduce reflections from the room.

I think full brightness reduces the effectiveness of a game's light show. I slowly dial up my Pinstadiums until the playfield artwork starts to show up better then I stop and set it there, leaving room for the game's flashers to still stand out. I like the product, but do not like the Pinstadium advertising overload. I am okay with what Scott posts in the one Pinstadium thread, though, since he is mostly responding to people's questions on where to connect in certain games or announcing updates and additions to his products there. If you don't like his products you don't have to even look in that thread.

Quoted from o-din:

Games were fine and easy to see as long as the bulbs all worked and the inserts were clean. But lets get rid of all the incandescents that spread light around and put in LEDs.

I was a late convert to LEDs in my games. I liked the incandescents fine in my WMS games until I bought a newer Stern that came with LEDs and it made all the games around it look dim in comparison.

#191 4 years ago

I have no skin in the game, I have not bought any pinstadium products not because I think they are a shitty product but if I did want extra lighting I would consult with hemi orange only, as he has earned my respect and business throughout my time in the hobby. Is it a pain to weed through these ads, at times it is but why crucifix pinstadiums Whysnow and knock his product when Robin allows it.

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I was a late convert to LEDs in my games. I liked the incandescents fine in my WMS games until I bought a newer Stern that came with LEDs and it made all the games around it look dim in comparison.

I went through exactly the same thing. It was MetallicaLE sitting next to GNR. So I whored up my GnR and almost every other modern game I owned with leds. Certainly brightened up the games in my face but didn't make gameplay any better and it was harder to follow the ball.

At about the same time I started to need glasses to read or see. Had to take them to work with me just to read the underhood labels on cars. Slowly I got rid of those games and began pulling out the leds in the games I kept and my eyesight started coming back. Now I am down to zero leds in any game except the Comet I just bought that I will be removing them tomorrow. And I no longer or rarely take those reading glasses out at work.

Point being, before I ever knew about putting leds in games, I never had a problem with any game being too dark and my eyes always worked perfect. And now they all have the same welcoming glow as I remember from the decades of playing pinball before they became a thing. I cheat a little bit and put invisiglass on several.

I'm to the point now where I really don't want to play any games with leds, new or old for more than a short period of time. Although I will still try them as they come out. I spend many hours playing pinball and I don't want to be blind. Fortunately there is no shortage of great games that can be had without them.

#193 4 years ago

I am a huge fan of Pin Stadium Lights. They are a bit overpriced but look great, Especially when you tie into the flashers. I guess it is not everyones cup of tea.

#194 4 years ago

Finally, someone speaks up about this overpriced garbage!

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird, It's almost like everyone doesn't agree with that? Maybe that's where the 20K fucking posts arguing back and forth are aboot?

Ah yes the "dark ages" of pinball! I remember none of us could hit the upper loop in Funhouse till lighting was added! Why did we play it all the decades?

Heaven f’n forbid someone having a differing view. It’s idiocy or sheer stubbornness to discount or discredit what appropriate extra lighting can add, be it pinstadiums, DIY versions or whatever. Every pin is different and every player’s preference is different.

As others have said, throw some brighter LEDs in your pin and all of a sudden, extra ambient is needed to help balance it out. Play in the dark if you want, but my personal choice is to balance out the lighting for easier gameplay.

Why are their so many condescending ass clowns on here pushing their “opinion” on others. Go to town on Pinstadiums gratuitous advertising, I couldn’t care less, but you can jam your opinion on me wanting to use my DIY lights up your ass.

#196 4 years ago

It’s idiocy or sheer stubbornness to discount or discredit what appropriate extra lighting can add, be it pinstadiums, DIY versions or whatever

I hear that, brother.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #197 4 years ago
    543E83D3-E912-4BEC-8E7D-E09B0A340372 (resized).jpeg543E83D3-E912-4BEC-8E7D-E09B0A340372 (resized).jpeg
    #198 4 years ago

So every pin ever made got their lighting perfect did they? In a dark room, in a bright room, with nasty reflections? Is it the concept of changing the way it came from factory the biggest hurdle?

Hell, my new MBRLE is the latest and greatest with an amazing RGB lightshow, but damn it’s dark in spots. WOZ is terribly dark and it ruins playability.

If raising ambi levels by 5-10-15% was possible out of the factory, would you refuse to fiddle to get a better, more playable result??

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've seen ads deleted and topic bans for much less.

Money talks, in all walks of life, sadly. No one likes to be reminded of it, but thems the breaks. Like lobbying if you have enough money you get to play by a different set of rules as everyone else. If an average Joe selling mods on here had pulled this shit they would've been kicked off before their feet touched the ground. If you're PinStadium though you get asked nicely if you would mind please being a bit more considerate, if that's ok, sorry to ask sorry.

Privilege sucks wherever you find it.

#200 4 years ago

Just for fun I decided to go back in the database to some of the earliest listed machine to see what products were linked to them as relevant in the market place.
    Here is an example Automatic Industries Whiffle.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/whiffle-board

This machine like every other machine in the database has this product linked to and the machine doesn't even use electricity as its from 1931.
    There are countless other examples like this.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.57.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.57.00 AM (resized).png
    There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/4?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.