Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

But if they were junk he wouldn’t have the money to advertise.

tobacco (resized).jpgtobacco (resized).jpg
    #102 4 years ago

I think it's great if someone wants to buy Pinstadium to light up their game. My issue is the page of Pinstadium ads you get for every game you search on. There should be a rule that only the product that works for a given title be tied to that title. There is clear abuse when I search for Funhouse and get a page of Pinstadiums that work in Spooky, JJP, Musters Lower Playfield....etc. THAT IS SPAM. Fix that and I'm fine

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

When / where was this? By who? IFPA? I'll be damned if I'm giving some company hundreds of bucks I don't want to spend just because some dumb motherf.... can't be arsed to actually try and see the playfield that's already lit by LED GI (which my games always are, LOL).
    *Edit* Was this some kooky crap proposed by the company themselves or one of their friends?

Yes , by the company...Will try to dig it up tonight...I thought wtf?

#104 4 years ago

Pinstadium adverbs are the Extenze of late night TV: lame and mostly total BS

#105 4 years ago

Obviously, no one is supposed to (nor allowed to) overflow the Pinside marketplace like this. I will discuss this with Pinstadium Scott and make sure he dials this down to acceptable levels.

I will also look into tweaking the promo box algorithm some more. The whole idea is to point Pinsiders to cool products on the market place and in shops, not to annoy the heck out of you

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

But if they were junk he wouldn’t have the money to advertise.

Oh. I know. they are overpriced junk on top of the junk and spamming.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Obviously, no one is supposed to (nor allowed to) overflow the Pinside marketplace like this. I will discuss this with Pinstadium Scott and make sure he dials this down to acceptable levels.

He has been doing it forever and has been asked before. May be time for the ban hammer

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I will also look into tweaking the promo box algorithm some more. The whole idea is to point Pinsiders to cool products on the market place and in shops, not to annoy the heck out of you

I think the way to clear this up for the future is just to allow a max number of ads per shop in a single result set (ad block). Not sure what that number should be, but say a max of 5x ads per shop with a result set containing 24x ad blocks. That means even if a shop had dozens of products in it with every game in existence linked to the products because they were super versatile, a max of five products would appear in the result set because of a shop limit set in the query.

#109 4 years ago

I usually like seeing tailored ads for new stuff, but it got so bad with these I just turned off ads completely. That’s a lose/lose scenario for the other vendors and Pinside.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I had one game come in with these things on them.
    Never had seen them before...Threw them in the trash and saved the magnet strips.

Chris isn't a fan

My IM came with them and I mostly like them* I just think they are wildly overpriced. I do agree that their marketplace ads could be toned down by Robin for sure.

* Except for the zebra stripes, blinding and seizures. Just kidding about seizures. But the flashing can make it hard to track balls, but I think you kinda get used to it.

#111 4 years ago

Anyone worried about server costs should note that the PinStadium thread has 100 pages and over 1800 photos.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Anyone worried about server costs should note that the PinStadium thread has 100 pages and over 1800 photos.

And you’ll notice most of the posts in that thread are spam created by pinstadium.

That’s what turned me off the product as well as the spamming ads

#113 4 years ago

I've seen ads deleted and topic bans for much less.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Thanks Robin. Regardless if I like the product or not (I don't), it is certainly getting deeply entrenched in the site. Possibly not having it pop up in virtually every thread marketplace scrolling across the bottom, in addition to having to wade through the spamming becomes quite annoying.

Done engaging in this one....community has spoken quite loudly......

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

robin
    He needs to remove every homebrew game from his list - period. Unless; of course, the homebrew becomes a real product and that real product is directly supported by a equivalent product.
    Homebrew SpammersHomebrew Spammers

Specifically; all 17 of these damn products need to be banned or removed from my Homebrew:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market?gameid=2214&query=Star+Trek%3A+The+Mirror+Universe

This means you @pinstadium, @rock914, Modelvisionary

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

What’s more polarizing here on pinside?
    Kaneda or pinstadium?

One shits in your eyes and one in your ears.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've seen ads deleted and topic bans for much less.

aint that the truth.

Bump a WTB ad more than once in a day and get a warning IME.

Yet this guy has spammed falsely every damn game in the world so it will pop up in every thread and every user page.

Can someone let us know how to turn off ads completely/ how to block it all since we cant just block pinstadium.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Robin
    He needs to remove every homebrew game from his list - period. Unless; of course, the homebrew becomes a real product and that real product is directly supported by a equivalent product.
    [quoted image]
    Specifically; all 17 of these damn products need to be banned or removed from my Homebrew:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market?gameid=2214&query=Star+Trek%3A+The+Mirror+Universe
    This means you pinstadium, rock914, Modelvisionary

I did not appreciate your PM. You could have simple asked me to remove it like a man. Does your home brew game uses any lights, GI, Inserts, Flashers, Etc? If the answer is yes, my mod works for it and is valid to be listed as a mod for that game.

Childish and passive aggressive PM’s will not scare this guy one bit. Feel free to contact me if you if you want to have a respectful conversation without all the bad behavior. I will not be responding to your last PM.

#119 4 years ago

Rock914 I really don't appreciate you claiming compatibility by linking to a game you can't possibly own.
    De-link your product. Your products are NOT compatible with my game.

#120 4 years ago

This thread proves once and for all...…..Pinside loves drama as much as it hates Pinstadium.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Rock914 I really don't appreciate you claiming compatibility by linking to a game you can't possibly own.
    De-link your product. Your products are NOT compatible with my game.

How do you know my products are not compatible?

Are you telling me your machine has no lights? If it has no lights and is not a re-theme of an actual game then it is reasonable for me to do so. But to me it looks like that is exactly what it is. Am I wrong?

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

How do you know my products are not compatible?

Are you telling me your machine has no lights? If it has no lights and is not a re-theme of an actual game then it is reasonable for me to do so. But to me it looks like that is exactly what it is. Am I wrong?

I know because I own the only copy and I designed it. I don't give a crap wither you THINK your products are compatible or expect them to be... you have NO BASIS for linking your product to my game.

Remove your products from my game.

#123 4 years ago

I need Pinstadium for my Genco Argentine from 1941 am I good to order?

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

The thing that always bothered me about pinstadium, a certain company I wont name, but likes to refine pinballs, made a cheaper version of side lights. Two styles, one was 60 and the other was 70. Took them down after about a week. Pinstadium loyalists were screaming on the forums how it was a rip off and that's bad business. I guess forcing any competition out and spamming every game with ads is good business.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I wont buy pinstadium products while I continue to be able to make them myself for $30...

I would like to order 10 sets from you then, am willing to give you 50% markup, making it 45$ a set. Of course I expect the same hardware functionality and an Android app to boot.

That way you show Pinstadium up, put your money where your mouth is and I get in on your great deal.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

I would like to order 10 sets from you then, am willing to give you 50% markup, making it 45$ a set. Of course I expect the same hardware functionality and an Android app to boot.
    That way you show Pinstadium up, put your money where your mouth is and I get in on your great deal.

I'd imagine that something like this would have enought app support to keep most people happy.
    Screenshot_20190805-190750_AliExpress (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190805-190750_AliExpress (resized).jpg

And here's one with rgb support.

Screenshot_20190805-191036_AliExpress (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190805-191036_AliExpress (resized).jpg
    #127 4 years ago

from other thread but worthwhile share here.

Sounds like in B finals at Piburgh, the crap fell off twice.

Quoted from Eric_S:

Anyone else have problems with Pin stadium lights falling off on to the playfield? We had it happen twice on Deadpool during B division playoffs.

Luckily the tech removed the crap after the second time it happened.

Quoted from Eric_S:

The tech removed them after our game.

Can you imagine the uproar if this happened to the final 4 in A on the main stage.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I'd imagine that something like this would have enought app support to keep most people happy.
    [quoted image]
    And here's one with rgb support.[quoted image]

Just to be clear, and I'm no fan of pinstadium (removed them from a WOZ I bought), they are quite a bit more advanced than that. If you want strip lighting with RGB addressable control, that is a great solution. If you want a device that interacts with the game, pinstadium does that. I'm making mods with arduinos and tying in to existing lighting and controls, it's no simple feat. So whatever he charges, it's probably worth the time and hassle to make them originally and do all the programming. That being said, this thread really isn't about the viability of their product. It's about the misuse of the store/ad system on pinside.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I know because I own the only copy and I designed it. I don't give a crap wither you THINK your products are compatible or expect them to be... you have NO BASIS for linking your product to my game.
    Remove your products from my game.

I would love to! Unfortunately some of my products work for your game. Why even list the game on pinside in the first place? Doesn’t make sense especially with the fit you are throwing about mods that work with it.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

would love to! Unfortunately some of my products work for your game. Why even list the game on pinside in the first place? Doesn’t make sense especially with the fit you are throwing about mods that work with it.

YOUR MODS DON'T WORK WITH MY GAME... It takes a special kind of jerk to assume they do.

Really; it makes perfect since to you that you get to stand on the shoulders of my hard work and put your ad at the bottom of my homebew like you contributed to the project in some way?

I listed the game on Pinside because this community was DIRECTLY influential to it's creation. I'm actually very disgusted that you think your behavior is some how acceptable. I don't owe you a single explanation why my game is listed... yet you seem to be indifferent to your abuse of the marketing system. Additionally; While you took the low road... My products ARE compatible with the game... yet I didn't link a single product to my own homebrew... yet you think your behavior is acceptable?!?

Your behavior in this matter is just disappointing and disrespectful.

@Robin: This is my official request to ban these vendors from my homebrew page. If that can't be done; then well - I request that my homebew game be removed from pinside as I do not endorse "promoting" these mods for my game. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this in private.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

Why even list the game on pinside in the first place?

Why link your product to a game if the ONE owner has no desire to buy the stuff for the ONE game in existence?

Why would you go so far as to link your product to EVERY one-off and prototype around? Good chance that a one of a kind game wont be getting the modding treatment.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

You could have simple asked me to remove it like a man.

Because women can't get you to do the right thing? Who the fuck still talks like this?

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Because women can't get you to do the right thing? Who the fuck still talks like this?

Since Rock914 claims I didn't ask like a man... and he has stated here he won't be responding to my PM... This doesn't violate Pinside rules because the other party has not responded. This is exactly what I wrote to him Copy Paste:

"
    I've reported your spamming to @Robin; My homebrew (Star Trek: The Mirror Universe) is not compatible with your product - stop spamming it.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/3#post-5134012
    "
    Seems like I did "ask like a man". Maybe I needed to ask like a niceman... true. But I did demand it be de-linked.

#134 4 years ago

Wow, Pinside has gone so far south. It’s pretty unbelievable that people talk to each other like this. Especially with a toy. Yes, pinball is a big boy TOY. Take a step back, take a breath and be glad your alive. Life is too short for all this.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Wow, Pinside has gone so far south. It’s pretty unbelievable that people talk to each other like this. Especially with a toy. Yes, pinball is a big boy TOY. Take a step back, take a breath and be glad your alive. Life is too short for all this.

Hopefully; this wasn't directed at me.
    I talk to people like this when the repeatedly disrespect me and my work. What these vendors have done is disrespect that work.
    You be ok with a random vendor slapping a 20% off sticker on your car it a parking lot? This is exactly the same thing.

#136 4 years ago

Where would one even look to find Pin Stadium advertising ?

30D72857-A3C3-423A-940F-7A5A7CC4DBB3 (resized).jpeg30D72857-A3C3-423A-940F-7A5A7CC4DBB3 (resized).jpeg
    #137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Wow, Pinside has gone so far south.

Oh Pinside has a case of the Mondays and it's fantastic!

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh Pinside has a case of the Mondays and it's fantastic!

True...time to get a few games in.....WAIT...so dark...I can't see the ball....and the ramps...where's the rainbow!!! (sorry, couldn't resist)....

#139 4 years ago

I cant stand the product or the in your face marketing they've crammed down our throats. I motion for a ban, pinside would he better off without their spam.

#140 4 years ago

Wow 110 upvotes.....110!

I've told Scott before about the guerilla marketing techniques rubbing people the wrong way and this is clearly proof.

I'm also a pinstadium owner and for certain games I really like them. I'm paying for convenience no doubt and Scott is also the gold standard for responsiveness in this hobby.

Hopefully it's a constructive takeaway - the product and especially his responsiveness should stand on its own.

To the guy arguing with the pinball creator who has repeatedly asked him to remove his products, that's just ridiculous. Remove your products and move on. It's just not a good look at all.

#141 4 years ago

Man, I'm only on here casually and didn't want to believe certain prominent folks in the industry that I've talked to in person, that have all remarked how toxic this place can be.

I don't disagree that the ads can be a bit much. I am also quite able to just ignore them and don't let stuff like that affect me. I'm hoping that much of it is unintended and something that needs to be looked into. That's valid, but my agreement stops there. All this shitting on a product and someone who is actively trying to improve and provide a service to those into Pinball. If you don't like the product, that's fine. But why the need to dump on it?

I'm going to voice my obviously unpopular opinion here and say how much I love my Pin Stadium Fusions. They have transformed my pins and I (capital "I") love them. If that somehow triggers you because you just think I'm dead wrong for liking them, well...I kinda feel sorry for you that you can't understand how someone else might like something different than you. This is such a niche hobby and yet it can be so divisive over the silliest things.

Again, I'm not dismissing the few legitimate concerns about the ads and marketing, which may or may not even be something that Pin Stadium is directly responsible for. But simply dismissing a product(that many people do in fact enjoy) based on that is kind of petty in my opinion, but oh well. I think Scott has put out a great product that he continues to develop and address valid issues like Hovers(to deal with failing magna-mounts) and Blur(to help with the candystriping that seems to irk some people). Also, I am in no way affiliated with Scott or Pin Stadium. Just a happy customer.

The outrage is palpable here and the nastiness is really off-putting. Now just give me a second to don my flame-retardant suit before having at me...

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

I'm not dismissing the few legitimate concerns about the ads and marketing, which may or may not even be something that Pin Stadium is directly responsible for.

Maybe a marketing expert is behind this, perhaps even vice president at a prestigious New York City marketing firm?

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

Again, I'm not dismissing the few legitimate concerns about the ads and marketing, which may or may not even be something that Pin Stadium is directly responsible for

How are they not directly responsible. They placed the ads and linked all the games even if they arnt compatable.

Crap marketing for a crap product.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

This is such a niche hobby and yet it can be so divisive over the silliest things.

Dude, if you aren’t part of the pinstadium solution, you are part of the pinstadium problem! Wake up! Attica! Attica!

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

How are they not directly responsible. They placed the ads and linked all the games even if they arnt compatable.
    Crap marketing for a crap product.

From Pin Stadium thread

Quoted from pinstadium:

Thanks for posting and letting me know. The Pin Stadium does work with your machine for sure as you have a cabinet and a machine that outputs voltage. However the specific listing to this is a feature of Pinside, not me directly and I don't have the ability to remove it specifically for that machine (I checked). That would be something to ask an admin about and maybe they can help since it's a function of the marketplace. Makes sense not to have it listed to it since there is only one, so I totally get it if it's your own homebrew machine.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dude, if you aren’t part of the pinstadium solution, you are part of the pinstadium problem! Wake up! Attica! Attica!

Binary thinking. There is no problem. Somebody made a product that I purchased and enjoy. My enjoyment of said product does not in any way affect anybody else. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Ads on the Internet? Pffffff.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

I dont even get out of bed for less than 150% markup...

#147 4 years ago

This thread isn’t about how good or bad the product is. It’s about the cram it down your throat marketing. A whole page of ads isn’t going to make me buy it anymore than 1 or maybe 2 ads. People either want it or they don’t. It distracts from the rest of the market, which isn’t fair to other vendors and people searching for products. They just need to tone it back. We all know about it, boy do we. Those who want it will buy it. Nough said

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

From Pin Stadium thread

That doesn't make sense to me. The pinside store lets you easily configure which games an ad/item is listed against. I can add/remove any game from any store item, as far as I can see. I asked in that thread for clarification. It's also a PAIN to list for many, many games... someone had a lot of time on their hands or got paid some minimum wage to sit there and type in every game.

#149 4 years ago

It is only fair that pinside spread the shop advertising and not let one shop hog the view. It is also nice when the shop owners do this voluntarily to not game the system. A while back I complained in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ignoring-market-sellers

There was a seller who had all of his products linked to 280 games! They were literally photo bombed into every market search and every thread on Pinside. Since then this seller has changed their listings to only the appropriate games. For this I thank the seller "Pinball Photos" and maybe some day I will buy one of their products.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

This thread isn’t about how good or bad the product is. It’s about the cram it down your throat marketing. A whole page of ads isn’t going to make me buy it anymore than 1 or maybe 2 ads. People either want it or they don’t. It distracts from the rest of the market, which isn’t fair to other vendors and people searching for products. They just need to tone it back. We all know about it, boy do we. Those who want it will buy it. Nough said

I have no love of advertising either and I agree that sometimes it seems a bit much. There is a delicate line one must walk, so I do hope that it can be addressed and curtailed. For me, I only learned about them a few months ago, despite them being around for a couple years or so, I think. So I did find out about it directly from the advertisements. Some people frequent here far more than others, so what may be a constant barrage for them, can be new and relevant info for others.

Quoted from harryhoudini:

That doesn't make sense to me. The pinside store lets you easily configure which games an ad/item is listed against. I can add/remove any game from any store item, as far as I can see. I asked in that thread for clarification. It's also a PAIN to list for many, many games... someone had a lot of time on their hands or got paid some minimum wage to sit there and type in every game.

Completely out of my element and understanding here. Just cross-posting his response. I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and hopefully it can be addressed and fixed asap. Since I(and many others) am happy with the product, I'd like to see his business continue to do well. It's such a niche product and options to get the word out are severely limited. But still, perhaps a bit too aggressive, intentional or not.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/3?hl=slapnuts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.