Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

I would have thought the insane price was a deterrent from buying it.

Welcome to the new world of pinball. It's nothing for guys to put over a grand worth of mods in to one pin. Here's a prime example.

Machine - For Sale
    Munsters (Pro) Archived
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “WELL MODDED MUNSTERS PINBALL MACHINE~7K INVESTED. Decided to sell my Munsters pro pin with hopes of buying a new Willy Wonka down the road. Had a few issues the first week out of ...”
    2019-07-23
    Dickinson, ND
    5,200 (Firm)
    Archived after: 14 days
    Viewed: 259 times

#52 4 years ago

The ads are irritating. Something needs to change.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

In late June I was streaming BKSR with the room lights off using only stock lighting. There was another pinstadium sponsored stream at the same time streaming the same game with the pinstadium logo and frequent reminders of how necessary the product was. A friend of mine sent me screen shots from both streams. I found this a more realistic comparison of with and without than is usually posted.[quoted image]

That ramp has a tapeworm.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

What’s more polarizing here on pinside?
    Kaneda or pinstadium?

2 completely different things...I choose to avoid both.

#55 4 years ago

I agree that there are a lot of ads for pin stadiums on this site. I have searched the marketplace for a used set more than once but can't see past their obnoxious ads.

Love the product, hate the advertising.

If you have a used set sitting around and want $100, PM me.

#56 4 years ago

I also consider anyone selling a game for more than the prices of 15 years ago SPAM.
    So let's ban those too.

#57 4 years ago

PinRoomLights (tm) just made my day. Actually got a laugh from that.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Obviously their ads work. wackybrakke, It got you talking about them and even got you to create an entire thread to talk about them. Genius marketing. When you talk about them, whether it’s positive or negative- they are getting you thinking about the product. Unfortunately it’s overboard, They definitely should tone down the ads
    Edit: not sure why everyone is downvoting me. I have stated I don’t approve of his over marketing. I said he was taking advantage of the system

Not because it's " genius marketing" rather off the charts profits to further a personal agenda.

Crafty and a strategist, I'll give you. He's aligned the right people and has stupid $$ to throw at further efforts.

Greed and deceptive marketing would be a more appropriate assessment.

I think the #s of Op up votes in just this short time speak volumes.

Pointless conversation however, as $$$ dictates, and there has been tremendous ROI, make no mistake.

As stated prior, hopefully the koolsaid weakens, and I, as one outsider, would never ruin the play field of any of my machines w " amazablades".

#59 4 years ago

I hate pinstadium. Good thread.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

I also consider anyone selling a game for more than the prices of 15 years ago SPAM.
    So let's ban those too.

Wrong...And irrelevant

#61 4 years ago

I just throw 2-3 spotlights in older games and they look great! Costs less than $10 and there's pretty much endless combinations with placement and bulb type. But yeah, get rid of all these ads, they've been driving me nuts for the longest time.

#62 4 years ago

Does this mean you guys won't be interested in my spotlight mod for games with light bar toppers?

spotlight (resized).jpgspotlight (resized).jpg
    #63 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Does this mean you guys won't be interested in my spotlight mod for games with light bar toppers?[quoted image]

post over in the police force owners thread, might make a cool topper!

#64 4 years ago

Need to be able to block vendors

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Need to be able to block vendors

That wouldn't really fly since they're paying a fee to get in front of eyeballs; but there really should be rules/action against abuse.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

When a "standard" was attempted for tourney games to have these, they (product) became dead to me.

When / where was this? By who? IFPA? I'll be damned if I'm giving some company hundreds of bucks I don't want to spend just because some dumb motherf.... can't be arsed to actually try and see the playfield that's already lit by LED GI (which my games always are, LOL).

*Edit* Was this some kooky crap proposed by the company themselves or one of their friends?

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

That wouldn't really fly since they're paying a fee to get in front of eyeballs; but there really should be rules/action against abuse.

All the major social media sites allow this. Shouldn't really be an issue. In fact all the other vendors besides pinstadium should prefer it. If I block you I'm definitely not buying anything from you, but I might buy something from the people whose ads I'm not seeing because pinstadium is for some reason being prioritized over them

#68 4 years ago

It does make it difficult to find what you're actually looking for when you have to sort through their endless adds... Being able to filter them out would be nice and it would also tell the Pinside admin peeps just how hated these adds really are...

Jeff

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The way these ads work, the advertiser doesn't pay any fee unless someone buys something and even then only if they buy it through pinside. Unfortunately, one advertiser has chosen to abuse this so now there needs to be safeguards against it.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Every time I search the market I get a face full of pinstadium. ENOUGH ALREADY.[quoted image]

Easy fix, you send Robin some of your money and bless us with his competitor's banners.

Win-win, right?

#71 4 years ago

Lame. But luckily easily fixed: just make a rule that advertisers should only link products to games they work for, and tell Pinstadium (and any other obvious offenders) to go tidy up their ads. You'll still see one Pinstadium ad for any modern-era pin search, but at least it won't be 75% of the results. That should make both users and other advertisers happy.

#72 4 years ago

Definition of irony; only ONE pinstadium add at the bottom of a pinstadium topic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #73 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

All the major social media sites allow this. Shouldn't really be an issue. In fact all the other vendors besides pinstadium should prefer it. If I block you I'm definitely not buying anything from you, but I might buy something from the people whose ads I'm not seeing because pinstadium is for some reason being prioritized over them

Agreed. I'd imagine that Pinstadium, and most other vendors, would prefer this as well. Why pay to put your product in front of people who are so disinterested that they'd take the time to specifically block your company's ads?

#74 4 years ago

I think the problem there would be with vendors coming out with new products. If you blocked the vendor you'd miss out on something new that you might be interested in. But it would work if you are just blocking specific ads and not an entire vendor.

#75 4 years ago

I've noticed this too. It's annoying and actually is a detriment to their company. People hate spam and it creates resentment towards them (as you can see in this thread)

8/18 ads = spamming.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #76 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I think the problem there would be with vendors coming out with new products. If you blocked the vendor you'd miss out on something new that you might be interested in. But it would work if you are just blocking specific ads and not an entire vendor.

But once said vendor figured out their spam fest advertising campaign was causing users to block their ads maybe they wouldn't do it anymore. If you could only block a particular ad that would be easily circumvented by making a new ad for a slight variation of the same product.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

But once said vendor figured out their spam fest advertising campaign was causing users to block their ads maybe they wouldn't do it anymore.

Here's a solution...

I WON'T BUY A PINSTADIUM PRODUCT WHILE THEY CONTINUE TO SPAM THE MARKETPLACE.

Enough of that post above from enough members here will catch their eyes.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I WON'T BUY A PINSTADIUM PRODUCT WHILE THEY CONTINUE TO SPAM THE MARKETPLACE.

I wont buy pinstadium products while I continue to be able to make them myself for $30...

#79 4 years ago

I had one game come in with these things on them.
    Never had seen them before...Threw them in the trash and saved the magnet strips.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Enough of that post above from enough members here will catch their eyes.

Doesn't matter and won't do much.
    You're either in the cult, or you're outside it. And if you're outside it, you're not an issue.
    Plenty of people like me been bitching aboot this since day 1, doesn't matter.
    Pointing out his shitty recockulus before and after pictures, doesn't matter.
    There are people I used to be friendly with on here won't even respond to any post I make because they're in & I'm out.

Guy makes a solid product that has tapped in (for 90% of buyers) to into peoples blingy stupidity; more power to him in that regard.
    Def I would try on taking Pinside donations away for a change. Gonna take a ton though..I bet he's gotta be the major ad revenue here.

#81 4 years ago

Not gonna quit the forum or anything, but I'm done selling games here (and donating from sales) as long as this crap persists. Facebook pinball machines for sale group is plenty high visibility.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Not gonna quit the forum or anything, but I'm done selling games here (and donating from sales) as long as this crap persists. Facebook machines for sale group is plenty high visibility.

Yeah, FB never has annoying ads.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, FB never has annoying ads.

Not a dozen from the same guy on one page. Works for me.

#84 4 years ago

Surprised there has been a spin response redirect ad:
    We flood the marketplace just as much as pinstadium floods your game in light!

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Advertisers should only link products to games they work for. You would still see one Pinstadium ad for any modern-era pin search, but at least it wouldn't be 75% of the results.

No, because Pinstadiums can be mounted to games from any era or manufacturer. And because they offer basic Pinstadiums, Fusions (Pinstadiums with multiple flasher connections), optional Hover mounts, optional Invisi-shields, and the upcoming optional Blur, there could still be several Pinstadium ads for virtually each and every pin in the Pinside database. Even a lot of the proponents of adding Pinstadiums think this is just too much advertising.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Not a dozen from the same guy on one page. Works for me.

Just joking, hence the wink and smile emojis.

#87 4 years ago

How many other ads, percentage wise, are not pin stadiums? The server doesn’t run for free. Would you rather pay money for a monthly subscription to pinside than to see these ads? Be honest. Especially those without the donation heart ❤️

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Surprised there has been a spin response redirect ad:
    We flood the marketplace just as much as pinstadium floods your game in light!

Pinstadium can light up the lives of others, not just machines.

LM_PS (resized).jpgLM_PS (resized).jpg
    #89 4 years ago

The worst part about Pinstadium spam is it isn't just littering Pinside.

A short time ago I finally subscribed to the "pinball" hastag on Instagram.

Of course that was a stupidly fatal mistake, because I willfully gave IG's servers a discrete interest tag to tray and sell me shit....

….And I kid you not, the VERY NEXT TIME I opened Instagram, the VERY FIRST AD I SAW was for Pinstadium.

ARRRRRHGGH!!! You KNOW these things are **** overpriced if he can afford to pay Zuckerborg to shill them too!

#90 4 years ago

I could never figure out how people fell for the ridiculous "before and after" pics.

And I hate that stupid transformer looking mascot thing too! (I hate it because it makes me squint every time, which is often... and it's too dark... the irony)

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

How many other ads, percentage wise, are not pin stadiums? The server doesn’t run for free. Would you rather pay money for a monthly subscription to pinside than to see these ads? Be honest. Especially those without the donation heart ❤️

Many of us (including you) have donated to pinside and donate more when we sell something here. So yes, may of us would rather pay money to have a higher quality and less spammy experience. I also use the site to buy things and so I like seeing ads for things I might actually want.

The OP was complaining that when he searches the market place, instead of finding what he wants to buy he finds a bunch of ads for pinstadium products that he doesn't want to buy. The type of ads we are complaining about are the ones that pinside only gets a fee if they result in a sale via pinside shops. Thus these type of ads probably also hurt pinside by making it harder for users to find things that will be purchased though pinside shops.

#92 4 years ago

Pin stadium is a shit product, shitty gorilla marketing, and a joke.

Saw this game at replayFX with them on. Sounds like the pinstadiums cause the game to fail but even once the game was turned off, the pinncrap lights stayed on.

FEA12EE3-D179-47F8-9A94-65003D35633D (resized).jpegFEA12EE3-D179-47F8-9A94-65003D35633D (resized).jpeg
    #93 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

A monthly subscription isn't going to happen. At least I can block the ads. I haven't seen one of those goofy Pinstadium ads with the weird robot guy in a long time. I was surprised to see this topic, then I turned off my ad-blocker to see how bad it really was...... Damn..... That is brutal. Thank god for ad-block.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

You KNOW these things are **** overpriced if he can afford to pay Zuckerborg to shill them too!

I wouldn’t be so sure. Scott has taken the risk, designed multiple products, worked with manufacturers, spends lots of time at shows . So if he can make a tidy profit after risk and spending so much time then good for him.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I wouldn’t be so sure. Scott has taken the risk, designed multiple products, worked with manufacturers, spends lots of time at shows . So if he can make a tidy profit after risk and spending so much time then good for him.

People have woken up to what junk they are. If you can’t tell, they are sick of his spamming also.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Pin stadium is a shit product, shitty gorilla marketing, and a joke.

Somebody’s jealous.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

People have woken up to what junk they are. If you can’t tell, they are sick of his spamming also.

Sick of the spamming is fine, I had similar thoughts a few months back. But if they were junk he wouldn’t have the money to advertise. I’ve never encountered a more polarizing topic on pinside than this product. Obviously some people like it.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

. I’ve never encountered a more polarizing topic on pinside than this produc

Color LEDs for GI lighting is just as bad as far as splitting the masses...

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Color LEDs for GI lighting is just as bad as far as splitting the masses.

But excessively colored GI is done by individual pin owners. There is no vendor to either like or hate as with Pinstadiums.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Color LEDs for GI lighting is just as bad as far as splitting the masses...

An issue that is, maybe not totally surprising, cleared up with Pinstadiums.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/2?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.