Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Why?

How?
    I am trying to follow along with this logic and I am still coming to the same dead end.
    Here is where I am at-
    A random guy on the internet sells super bright lights at a marked up price
    Almost to a T, everyone who has purchased these super bright lights sings his praises. He has literally walked on water with his customer service (even though he really didn't, people just have blind spots in their eyes from using his products)
    He has other business(es) in his life other than pinball (hard for me to believe, I know), and one of those businesses had two poor reviews from 10 years ago
    Those two reviews may (or may not) be from people that don't always make the best decisions financially, or actually understand how finances work (not stating this as fact, but it has been known to happen in that industry)
    What am I missing?
    Please tell me that Pinstadiums are made from Baby Seals, then you will have something I can actually understand.

from what I see on the web... he ran a previous business that was taken to court multiple times for fraud/fraudlike activity. He had built that business up and then opted to take advantage of people that went to him for help (allegedly, but based on some of the court records... not allegedly but factually)

does his ethics and business issues from 10 years ago matter to you? you personally, maybe not...
    others, maybe so...

If it was speeding tickets and a joint in high school, then I dont think it is relevant.

Business ethics/ practices and a new business now.... seems pertinent.

#502 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What is he hiding? Some people just hate their name.
    My kids are probably going to go by an alias at some point, because all three are named after Simpsons characters (True story).

Is one BORT ?

f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpgf3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    #503 4 years ago

I don't understand how you guys can rip a product that is so flexible; it has multiple uses.
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpgt3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg

#504 4 years ago

toss odd the odd name change in conjunction with the previous business issues and the apparent hidden/lack of real content on Pinstadium/ obsure at best on the web...

it is all strange at best

#505 4 years ago

Where were all the pinside detectives at when stern hired Trudeau?

#506 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

stranger things

What, a Stranger Things pin?

context, what context!

#507 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Is one BORT ?[quoted image]

That would have been awesome.... To clarify a bit only one's first name is a Simpsons character (Otto), the other two have Simpsons middle names.

I fought tooth and nail to get my kids named after Cletus' kids, but didn't win that battle.... I still feel like I won though.

#508 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What is he hiding? Some people just hate their name.
    My kids are probably going to go by an alias at some point, because all three are named after Simpsons characters (True story).

LOL.

with me having woodard as a last name, woody become nickname very early in life. Way before toy story was ever dreamed of...

#509 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

So now some PinSiders are going to search the backgrounds of the people who sell mods/pinball stuff to us. Come on

Guys with 30,000 posts have a lot of free time.

#510 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

He or she was out there, just not on pinside. It was a shocker to read.

#511 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Guys with 30,000 posts have a lot of free time.

over 32k thanks you very much

#512 4 years ago

If this guy actually ran an honest business he could have stepped in here and said hey, I hear ya, I'll dial back the goofy gaming of the pinside marketplace...

... instead, he bumps and bumps and bumps his own advertising topic over and over.

The irony is if dude had just chimed in earlier, this stuff about possible other shady business practices never would have come out

20190807_150448.jpg20190807_150448.jpg
    #513 4 years ago

I've learned a lot in this thread, except for what most of pinstadiums products do. I'm kinda amazed at how well he could carpet bomb the site with ads that explain so little about what he's actually trying to sell. I understand the $300 strip of leds (lol), but the rest of the products...still don't have a clue. I'm sure I'm not missing anything of value.

But whatever. The marketing is annoying. I'm indifferent towards the product itself, but it's pointless to argue with someone who feels one way or the other about it because no one is going to change their mind. I'd never buy one or make my own, but if they make someone else feel happy I'm not going to argue that they should hate it.

#514 4 years ago

don’t know if this was mentioned but there website is utter shit! you can barley find anything anywhere.

MJR

#515 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I've learned a lot in this thread, except for what most of pinstadiums products do. I'm kinda amazed at how well he could carpet bomb the site with ads that explain so little about what he's actually trying to sell. I understand the $300 strip of leds (lol), but the rest of the products...still don't have a clue. I'm sure I'm not missing anything of value.
    But whatever. The marketing is annoying. I'm indifferent towards the product itself, but it's pointless to argue with someone who feels one way or the other about it because no one is going to change their mind. I'd never buy one or make my own, but if they make someone else feel happy I'm not going to argue that they should hate it.

It's crazy how someone can confound something as simple as some stick on lights so much that you are clueless as to wtf the product is/does.

#516 4 years ago

Funny thing is, you can literally make these yourself for $20-$30, and there is a whole thread dedicated to it on here.

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    #517 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

It's crazy how someone can confound something as simple as some stick on lights so much that you are clueless as to wtf the product is/does.

It's crazy that you can type a response yet not read what you are responding to. I get that they're some expensive stick on lights. But what the shit is this?

#518 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Anyone offering a product that will work on or with someone else's product does not mean the original person is endorsing anything.

Quoted from robin:

Pinside shop items linking to certain games does not mean the manufacturer of said games endorses said items.
    Please don't tell me I need to add a disclaimer for that.

Just like I said.

#519 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's crazy that you can type a response yet not read what you are responding to. I get that they're some expensive stick on lights. But what the shit is this?

(I was agreeing with you, btw)

Beats the hell out me. Fancy words for light bulbs.
    Is it a cat collar? Something you wear?

#520 4 years ago

Great thread! I just ignore the crap same as ebay, amazon and yahoo.

#521 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Thinking back it was a pinside detective, can't remember who, that found it on another website and linked it here right after it was announced he was hired. Not much different than how it turned out to be. The whole pinside post and link got deleted I believe and I don't remember the website it was on.

Edit- found it!

http://www.performancepinball.com/news/stern-pinball-hires-legendary-pinball-designerjohn-trudeau#.XUs54PJKiM8

#522 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thinking back it was a pinside detective, can't remember who, that found it on another website and linked it here right after it was announced he was hired. . Not much different than how it turned out to be. The whole pinside post and link got deleted real quick I believe and I don't remember the website is was on.
    Edit- found it!
    http://www.performancepinball.com/news/stern-pinball-hires-legendary-pinball-designerjohn-trudeau#.XUs54PJKiM8

Dang, that was all the way back in 2013 and I guess Stern ignored it.

#523 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thinking back it was a pinside detective, can't remember who, that found it on another website and linked it here right after it was announced he was hired. . Not much different than how it turned out to be. The whole pinside post and link got deleted real quick I believe and I don't remember the website is was on.
    Edit- found it!

I don't get why that person was so coy about something so awful that more people should have known about it

#524 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

LOL.
    with me having woodard as a last name, woody become nickname very early in life. Way before toy story was ever dreamed of...

I always knew you were up to something Woody, or should I call you Ron you sneaky devil. What are you hiding over there????

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't get why that person was so coy about something so awful that more people should have known about it

Odds are that person has something to do with why he is in jail now, I'd guess.

Another thing to consider is if that post and link got deleted, how would have that person posting the same thing here have been received? I am not certain it was deleted, but seems it was.

#526 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

(I was agreeing with you, btw)
    Beats the hell out me. Fancy words for light bulbs.
    Is it a cat collar? Something you wear?

Sorry bruh

The only thing I can tell is he loves using Blender.

#527 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I always knew you were up to something Woody, or should I call you Ron you sneaky devil. What are you hiding over there????

LOTS of stuff, but I provide good customer service.

I can't confirm nor deny that there might be a DUI in there from the college years.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/11?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.