Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180402_202634 (resized).jpg
    20190807_150448.jpg
    t3vQQO2NcCeP3dpr1w5v.jpg
    f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d (resized).jpg
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg
    washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif
    download (resized).jpeg
    quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Call (resized).jpg
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg
    sinclair (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    rainbow.gif
    486B6407-E336-4F91-B47C-875477958584 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Is this morphing into the animated GIF thread? Don't get jeffspinballpalace in here.

Sorry, I am not as good with words as pictures, but I will work to change that. I hope to learn from other threads, there seems to be a few I keep on seeing. Thanks!

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Sorry, I am not as good with words as pictures, but I will work to change that. I hope to learn from other threads, there seems to be a few I keep on seeing. Thanks!

It's quite simple actually. Let me teach you.

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
    #453 4 years ago

What is the owner of PinStadium's name?

first and last?

I was sent a link which appears to be him from a previous 'business'. Wanted to verify if it is really him.
    Did he use to be part of “Ammend credit services” or "Ammend Credit Counsel" ? anyone know?

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

first and last?

Hugh Jass?
    tumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_n9m5suM10y1roclo3o2_1280 (resized).jpg

#455 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It would be a little more effective if you actually knew how to upload one
    Make sure to select "orginal size" in the drop down BEFORE you drag the gif in

Haha very true! Thanks for the heads up

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Don't most places simply ban people for massively abusing a system? You'd be gone in a heartbeat on ebay, facebook etc for tactics like this.

Not if you're eBay's biggest advertiser or seller.

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

There is a lot of talk about lighting, but what about color? I don't think it should be excluded.[quoted image]

Where’s that hit of lsd I’ve been holding onto.....

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

It's quite simple actually. Let me teach you.[quoted image]

Is that a new computer? I have problems typing that fast on mine.

sinclair (resized).jpgsinclair (resized).jpg
    #459 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

first and last?

Call (resized).jpgCall (resized).jpg
    #460 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

first and last?
    I was sent a link which appears to be him from a previous 'business'. Wanted to verify if it is really him.
    Did he use to be part of “Ammend credit services” or "Ammend Credit Counsel" ? anyone know?

Hahahaha I just googled it and I think this thread is just getting started....wowsers...

#461 4 years ago

Wow, I just came back from Harbor Freight with a New Free Flashlight! They have changed this to a super bright COB!
    I can Hang it, or its magnetic.
    Now I can mount it and light my whole playfield from above! I believe I can get "Disco" mode, with a button press and have
    flashers on!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #462 4 years ago

I agree with the OP in principle regarding shotgun marketing (by anyone, anywhere), but coming in at this point another up-vote seems too much like mob conformity. I do tip my hat to the lone down-voter though. There are a lot of people on the other side of the argument here, but he's the only one willing to put it out there! You are Sparta...

#463 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Don’t Leave Us...[quoted image]

ZMeny I would stay 3000 maybe 4000 feet above this shit show...

#464 4 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I do tip my hat to the lone down-voter though.

I would too but it's a little contrived. He waited till over 180 to do it so not as effective IMO.

Quoted from Procrastinator:

Hahahaha I just googled it and I think this thread is just getting started....wowsers...

What;s the beef?

#465 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

first and last?

Ever notice you can't look up the mailing address for Pinstadium, and their business is not listed as "Verified" on pinside. If it is the same "Scott", he's done a good job of covering his tracks.

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

he's done a good job of covering his tracks

Listen to this guy Whysnow..... He knows what he is talking about. After his failed startup at the "Human Fund" he has been running a successful mysterious Architecture firm for many years....
    Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#467 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Ever notice you can't look up the mailing address for Pinstadium, and their business is not listed as "Verified" on pinside. If it is the same "Scott", he's done a good job of covering his tracks.

links

They are public so I assume safe to post.

From youtube video from Expo, his name is Scott Darren and it appears a.k.a. Scott Helterbridge (sp?)

cross reference of names, cross link to same company
    https://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/04/prweb520367.htm

There is plenty more on the google for those looking to find it.

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ammend-credit-counsel-scott-helterbridle/internet/ammend-credit-counsel-scott-helterbridle-non-profit-consumer-credit-counseling-credit-co-412257

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ammend-credit-counseling/cincinnati-ohio-45243/ammend-credit-counseling-scott-helterbridle-anyone-who-has-been-ripped-off-by-ammend-cred-408136

#468 4 years ago

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/04/prweb520367.htm

I just googled the company and his name is plastered all over it.

He gave a speech at expo where he gave his info so it seems like fair game to me.

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Don't most places simply ban people for massively abusing a system? You'd be gone in a heartbeat on ebay, facebook etc for tactics like this.

quote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpgquote-money-talks-bullshit-walks-stephen-king-50-83-90 (resized).jpg
    #470 4 years ago

Man this topic is getting DARK.

#471 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

and that pinball people in general are just mostly crazy.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
    #472 4 years ago

Yeah, I would ask the moderators to please close this thread. The marketing abuse seems to be getting handled, so no reason to let this go derailed any further. Thx

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Man this topic is getting dark.

lllllooooooooooooooooollllll

#475 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah, I would ask the moderators to please close this thread.

I tried that once begging them to "Please delete"

I had no idea at the time that would someday become a thing.

#476 4 years ago

There is obviously two sides to every story, but I can assure you, you can google most people and never a bad word is said about them. Some on the other hand are scumbags and deserve to be outed. Not saying this is the case here, but you reap what you sow.

#477 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah, I would ask the moderators to please close this thread. The marketing abuse seems to be getting handled, so no reason to let this go derailed any further. Thx

If the guy is attached to a scammy second business, I think we should be able to know that.

#478 4 years ago
    #479 4 years ago

where are those people that posted “good or bad, he is the king of marketing because you’re talking about his product”....well, here’s a reason why that isn’t always the smartest play sometimes...haha

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Obsess much??

nah

Multiple people PM me as they have had issues and alleged that he had a past that he was trying to keep hidden.

I asked the question here to see if a business with obvious shady business practices here was in fact associated with the links I had been given. I think it is worthwhile to clear something like this up for the customer base to know. Similar to the whole Nitro Tommy situation of best practice to just put it out there for people.

I then received a barrage of messages from others confirming the info and more links to his past business dealings.

A little more google and things did indeed get a bit dark.

I linked the high level stuff that was readily available. I think it may help to better understand the business practices that some on here very vocally support.

#481 4 years ago

washington-state-fan-popcorn.gifwashington-state-fan-popcorn.gif

#482 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think it may help to better understand the business practices that some on here very vocally support

Do you have experience with his business practices? It looks like almost to a fault, his customer service is fantastic. I haven't seen anyone here state they were getting ripped off by him. This "other" business makes zero sense to post (regardless if it is accurate or not). Some people can be completely different based on what they are doing. Hell, there are even some people that come across as total tool-bags on the internet, and are somewhat okay in real life.

Put the pitchfork down, this guy hasn't done anything to burn the pinball community (except maybe their retinas).

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I would too but it's a little contrived. He waited till over 180 to do it so not as effective IMO.

Haven't been following that closely. Down-voting after 180 does seem like a simple protest vote...not conviction.

#484 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Man this topic is getting dark.

Sounds like you need New and Improved Pinstadium Fusion LED's

#486 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Do you have experience with his business practices? It looks like almost to a fault, his customer service is fantastic. I haven't seen anyone here state they were getting ripped off by him. This "other" business makes zero sense to post (regardless if it is accurate or not). Some people can be completely different based on what they are doing. Hell, there are even some people that come across as total tool-bags on the internet, and are somewhat okay in real life.
    Put the pitchfork down, this guy hasn't done anything to burn the pinball community (except maybe their retinas).

I have moral issues spending money with people who are known to take advantage of or scam others, regardless of it being the same business or another business with common ownership. It's quite pertinent to this discussion.

#487 4 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

where are those people that posted “good or bad, he is the king of marketing because you’re talking about his product”....well, here’s a reason why that isn’t always the smartest play sometimes...haha

yep, brought a little too much attention to himself.

#488 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Sounds like you need New and Improved Pinstadium Fusion LED's

^^Best post in this thread^^

#489 4 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

Where would one even look to find Pin Stadium advertising ?

I've seen stranger things happen on here. Nice avatar Frank.

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I have moral issues spending money with people who are known to take advantage of or scam others, regardless of it being the same business or another business with common ownership. It's quite pertinent to this discussion.

That's totally fair, and I understand that, but what do you actually know about Scott? I don't know anything about him, but if I were basing it on two reviews from 10 years ago from people who feel they were ripped off by his service, I wouldn't be super quick to jump on the "burn Scott to the ground" bandwagon.

Ultimately everyone votes with their wallet, and all of it is personal choice, but I would slow walk this one a bit based on 1)Who is shaking the hornets nest 2)How much I (not ralphwiggum, but you yourself) actually know about Scott.

#491 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

but if I were basing it on two reviews from 10 years ago from people who feel they were ripped off by his service, I wouldn't be super quick to jump on the "burn Scott to the ground" bandwagon.

Agreed.

#492 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That's totally fair, and I understand that, but what do you actually know about Scott? I don't know anything about him, but if I were basing it on two reviews from 10 years ago from people who feel they were ripped off by his service, I wouldn't be super quick to jump on the "burn Scott to the ground" bandwagon.
    Ultimately everyone votes with their wallet, and all of it is personal choice, but I would slow walk this one a bit based on 1)Who is shaking the hornets nest 2)How much I (not ralphwiggum, but you yourself) actually know about Scott.

agreed

Just putting it out there. I believe it is pertinent to the discussion and people should be able to make their decisions on where to/or not spend $$$

#493 4 years ago

"Darren" is Scott Helterbridle's middle name.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Agreed, and that is what I am trying to figure out. The person mentioned above has 4 aliases...that's not a good start.

#495 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Agreed, and that is what I am trying to figure out. He has 4 aliases...that's not a good start.

Well....I believe one website says he has 4 alias' (aliai?) , we don't know if that's true which is why internet searching is so sketchy.

#496 4 years ago

So now some PinSiders are going to search the backgrounds of the people who sell mods/pinball stuff to us. Come on

#497 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just putting it out there.

Why?

Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe it is pertinent to the discussion

How?

I am trying to follow along with this logic and I am still coming to the same dead end.

Here is where I am at-
    A random guy on the internet sells super bright lights at a marked up price

Almost to a T, everyone who has purchased these super bright lights sings his praises. He has literally walked on water with his customer service (even though he really didn't, people just have blind spots in their eyes from using his products)

He has other business(es) in his life other than pinball (hard for me to believe, I know), and one of those businesses had two poor reviews from 10 years ago

Those two reviews may (or may not) be from people that don't always make the best decisions financially, or actually understand how finances work (not stating this as fact, but it has been known to happen in that industry)

What am I missing?
    Please tell me that Pinstadiums are made from Baby Seals, then you will have something I can actually understand.

#498 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

"Darren" is Scott Helterbridle's middle name.

Agreed, and that is what I am trying to figure out. He has 4 aliases...that's not a good start.

I am not cool with this, anyone who intentionally tries to disguise themselves or use aliases to hide stuff in the business world bothers me a lot. One thing I can't stand is a thief and I am not saying Scott did all those things but he is sure looking guilty. I don't care if it was 10 days or 10 years ago it shows his character.

#499 4 years ago

I've done some digging of my own, and I think I've found out who might have placed all the ads and who keeps bumping the pinstadium thread itself.
    shutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpgshutterstock_677646532-992x558 (resized).jpg

#500 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I am not cool with this, anyone who intentionally tries to disguise themselves or use aliases to hide stuff in the business world bothers me a lot. One thing I can't stand is a thief and I am not saying Scott did all those things but he is sure looking guilty. I don't care if it was 10 days or 10 years ago it shows his character.

What is he hiding? Some people just hate their name.

My kids are probably going to go by an alias at some point, because all three are named after Simpsons characters (True story).

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinstadium-get-to-flood-all-market-pages-/page/10?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.