(Topic ID: 79581)

Why does pinball need outlanes??

By CraZ4Pin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-24.jpg
    helen-lovejoy.jpg
    HeHatesTheseOutlanes.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lladnip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Just another related pet peeve ... nudging. Shouldn't be needed. A little boy should be able to play the game just as easily as a 6 ft. 200 lb. muscular guy can. If you eliminate the outlanes and make the rules themselves the determining factor when your ball ends then you eliminate the need to nudge. Additionally, with no nudging, you eliminate the tilt mechanism altogether and now have a more consistent game from one location to the next. I hate walking into 1 location where you can practically slide the game around the floor and another where if you sneeze you get a tilt warning. Get rid of it.
    I know all the pinball purists are out there screaming they love outlanes and nudging and pinball just the way it is. But if pinball never evolved it would not be anything like it is today (no flippers, no pop bumpers, etc. etc). Pinball is due for some new thinking out of the box.

randomness is part of the fun, embrace it- if we wantted something purely skill based we would sit down and do math proublems all night

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

I am the happy owner of a Bally Spectrum, which has no outlane... I like that game so... yes, Pinball does not always require outlanes. And don't imagine ball times are much longer on that game (and several very good players experienced it). What I miss in that game are active slingshots (which normally add a lot of lateral motion to the ball, "helping" with the drain!)
    Disclaimers:
    - I enjoy games with outlanes as well.
    - As stated before, that game was not a commercial success... (around 500 sold).
    - Most of my friends hate that game!

love the disclaimers!!! funny stuff

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

LMAO right with you. Everyone that plays Pinbot with the center post says I should add a center post to all of my games!

some people like to win at all cost i guess, theses are the funniest 2 post of the day i think

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lladnip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-pinball-need-outlanes?tu=lladnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.