(Topic ID: 251236)

Why does IFPA allow preplays in leagues?

By TechnicalSteam

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190924-103704_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZenTron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Preplay is what i would consider qualifying and not what gets submitted to the IFPA. It is usually used for seeding or some other benefit prior to the actual IFPA event.

Im not sure if my feedback helps as its hard to understand some of the context you’re using. For example, ive never heard the term “preplay” before. I assume that just means submitting qualifying scores for an event that will be held in the future.

#10 4 years ago

Here is the verbiage from the IFPA that I think would relate to "preplays" . As I mentioned in my first post I've never actually heard the term before but it just sounds like the submission of an unverified selfie score. As mentioned below, they're just used for seeding and possibly some other advantages.

"Certain formats (Selfie Leagues, TOPS Tournaments, etc) rely on players submitting their own results without the verification of a TD or authorized scorekeeper on site. Any qualifying format that includes “unverified” results where a TD, league official, or authorized scorekeeper is not present to record their score, will not have the qualifying portion included in the TGP calculation. The IFPA will classify these qualifying formats as strictly for seeding purposes, with only the finals format counting towards the TGP calculation."

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

#3. Why can't I preplay a Tournament vs League?

You can't preplay a tournament because the IFPA requires direct competition with a Tournament Director present. This is the case for a League or Tournament where the games played will actually count towards the submission to the IFPA.

The IFPA will no longer endorse tournaments that don’t have a DIRECT play component as part of the format. DIRECT play represents multiple players (up to a max of 4) playing against one another on a given game (head-to-head or in a group).

As someone mentioned, it sounds like you're not happy with the "qualifying" portion of the league and if it doesn't have a TD, league official or authorized scorekeeper present it won't and shouldn't affect the submission to the IFPA.

Source - https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/ranking-info/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZenTron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-ifpa-allow-preplays-in-leagues-?tu=ZenTron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.